PDA

View Full Version : can someone please tell me wtf is going on??

wayfastwhitey69
08-21-2007, 03:13 PM
ok so i was out ridin in the rain and now the heat light is coming on for about 2 seconds every like 2-3 minutes. and when u hold it wide open or give it a shot off a jump it sputters then backfires. i played with the air/fuel mixture screw and that didnt do anything and i drained the carb and put new gas in and its still doing it. can someone tell me what might be happening?

shoey
08-21-2007, 03:27 PM
Try compressed air into kill switch as you maybe getting momentary shorting due to moisture. blow out the the key switch also.

wayfastwhitey69
08-21-2007, 05:31 PM
i did that and it didnt do anything. my dad says its a high rpm miss but he doesnt know what could be causing it

Sjorge450R
08-21-2007, 07:45 PM
drain the bowl out first. May have some gunk in there. Not sure why the light is coming on tho.

Hammer trx450r
08-21-2007, 07:51 PM
Put your airbox lid back on. Just a guess that your is off, but it sounds like your lean. Not good

wayfastwhitey69
08-21-2007, 08:14 PM
the jetting was right before but halfway through my run it just hit it and now it works like poo, it came out of it some but it still does it when u blip it off jumps or have it hard to the pin

D Bergstrom
08-21-2007, 09:13 PM
My guess would be you have water in the electrics somewhere. The temp light is coming on because the water is "grounding" a wire somewhere. Same thing happend to my quad during a race in a rainstorm and having to ride through water puddles. Quad would cut out in the high rpm. Best bet would be to put the quad in a dry, warm place. After that race I unplugged all my electrical connectors and let everything dry really good before I reconnected them.

Doug