PDA

View Full Version : shipping frame and motor.

250x_kyle
08-21-2007, 12:16 PM
how would i go about shipping a frame and a motor? im not real worried about shipping the motor it should be easy but im not so sure about frame. any ideas or pics to help a guy out?

fastyz85
08-21-2007, 12:22 PM
get some plastic wrap and wrap the heck out of the frame and then just put a shipping label on it. should save money on shipping while keeping it pretty safe.

EX LONERIDER
08-21-2007, 12:40 PM
id grab some nice big cardboard box and cut up some small peices to wrap around the outter edges of the frame, and around sharp edges, then wrap it in plastic wrap.

the motor, id go down to like a walmart and pick up one of their big rubbermaid totes for 5 bux and ship it in there. i shipped a banshee motor in one of those and it was better then anything else i could find, and it seals well too. the guy i shipped it to didnt mind paying another 5 bux to have it in a sealed tote that he could reuse.

250x_kyle
08-21-2007, 01:16 PM
if the ex motor fits in a milk crate i can make a box out of 2 or three milk crates then put it in a regular box and ship. so wrap the edges and stuff in the frame with some cart board and then lots and lots of plastic wraps.

EX LONERIDER
08-21-2007, 03:33 PM
i dont see how a 400ex motor will fit in a milk crate box... at least a complete one anyways. i tried it with the banshee motor and it wasnt nearly big enough and i know the 400ex motor will take up way more space.

make sure the side cases as well as the fins are well protected no matter what. one hard hit on the ground and it will damage those areas.

yea, the frame, just tape the peices of cardboard to the frame in a tube like manner to wrape around some of the edges and it should be fine. areas where you think it'll get bumped or stacked against is where you mainly wanna cover it.

250x_kyle
08-21-2007, 09:30 PM
thanks for the info. if this kid doesnt show up wiht the cash in 2 weeks im going to part out so this will more than likely be good info.