PDA

View Full Version : 450r stainless bolt set

SHEP400EX
08-20-2007, 10:46 PM
hey guys im looking for a complete stainless bolt set for a 450r. any ideas on where's the best place to find them? thanks

hendershot106
08-21-2007, 09:05 AM
dont buy the cheap sets u can find on ebay---- my best friend used a set of those on his 400ex and one of the bolts ripped apart out the the shock linkage----

if u want a nice set of stainless bolts---- take all your bolts,, measure the length,, size and thread pitch and go to a local ace hardware store and make your own kit with graded hardware ---that way u can pick your bolt head style, and make sure u have strong enough bolts for your a arms,, and shock mounts,,and motor mounts---

Scro
08-21-2007, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by hendershot106
dont buy the cheap sets u can find on ebay---- my best friend used a set of those on his 400ex and one of the bolts ripped apart out the the shock linkage----

if u want a nice set of stainless bolts---- take all your bolts,, measure the length,, size and thread pitch and go to a local ace hardware store and make your own kit with graded hardware ---that way u can pick your bolt head style, and make sure u have strong enough bolts for your a arms,, and shock mounts,,and motor mounts---

I agree...I ordered a set off ebay with the hex head's. They looked nice but I don't think they were as strong as stock. Plus it was a headache not being able to use a rachet.

Sjorge450R
08-21-2007, 07:48 PM
RedRon or something like that from the site is selling a kit. Search the classified section.