PDA

View Full Version : Missing one tooth.

Str8Wicked
10-28-2002, 09:09 AM
I just dropped one tooth on my front sprocket.

After I installed it I couldn't seem to get the front sprocket to be tight. It move a tiny bit from side to side. I tried tightening it more but broke the bolts.

After buying new bolts I re installed the sprocket and still ahd the same problem. it seems to run fine thou. Just making sure that the play in the front sprocket is still normal.

Anyone know?

chavez
10-28-2002, 09:20 AM
the bolts are tight bit the whole sprocket moves? mine does it i think that its normal it wiggles a little bit on the shaft. dont know for sure but least your not all alone

Str8Wicked
10-28-2002, 09:32 AM
good to know.

RiPPiNiTuP7
10-28-2002, 09:52 AM
Its perfectly normal for the sprocket to wiggle a little bit with the bolts all tight ;)

AtvMxRider
10-28-2002, 10:38 AM
it is supposed to do that. Nothing wrong with it.

Str8Wicked
10-29-2002, 09:12 AM
Great to hear, thanks guys..

Now I learned I should feel how it fits before changing it. If I would have taken a better look at the stock one before installing the new one I probably would have known......

Now time to install my new CT Exhaust when it comes in. Getting ready for Thanksgiving in Glamis.... haha ha

10-29-2002, 09:34 AM
I tried tightening it more but broke the bolts. A friend of mine does this crap all the time, so now we call him righty tighty.

Do we need to get you a cheapo torque wrench too? :rolleyes:

The sprocket seems to wobble a little on everyones so I guess its normal.

Str8Wicked
10-29-2002, 09:54 AM
I'm used to working on my cars and I guess the EX bolts are just to weak compared to a car. I've broken bolts twice already. I have a nice torch wrench but never use it just because I usually don't have the smaller sizes in the 1/2 drive. I guess I'll just keep on snapping them until I get some smaller sizes for my 1/2 inch torc.... lol

10-29-2002, 07:15 PM
So now I know who the gorilla is who tightened all those bolts I cant get lose :)

If you dont like the 1/2" drive there are a couple things you could do.

Get a cheaper 3/8 dr torque wrench or do what I do for the smaller stuff you want to "feel" rather than actually take the time to torque and get a decent 3/8 stubby rachet and that way you can reduce the amuont of torque and if you think its not giving you enough then you know its time for the torque wrench.

10-29-2002, 07:22 PM
anyone know what the torque is for the front sprocket bolts and for the case saver