PDA

View Full Version : Flat Track Help??

Hondamaster5505
08-20-2007, 08:24 PM
Im racing flat track this season, and i need some tips/tricks to help me out there.
1. Is a hard tire better? or soft?
2. What can i do to go faster on a budget? Im only running a DMC Alien pipe, jetting, airfilter, offset rims.
3. Is outside fast better, or inside slower?

Any other tips/tricks you can help me with??:confused:

I wanna kick a.s.s. when i go out there:devil:

nickk
08-20-2007, 08:46 PM
We'll first off dont go out there expecting to win it takes time and practice on the track to be good.

Hondamaster5505
08-21-2007, 10:09 AM
I know that, i expect my a.ss to get whooped a couple times first before i get used to it. But anything i can do to go faster or do better will help me. And im only running against little blasters...
figures. They actually move good out there. Theres 3 classes,
Liquid cooled, air-cooled, and open. So the biggest ill go up against is a blaster, maybe a raptor 660, but you dont really see them out there..

CarGuy7a
08-21-2007, 07:36 PM
tires, it depends on dirt type. wet and tacky. dry hard and slick. i would say start with a medium compound.

also pay big attention to stagger. your left sides should be smaller circumference than the rights. giving the quad the natural feel to turn left. i'm not sure on how much stagger to run since i've never raced quads on flat track. i know this much from racing go carts on flat tracks.

also if you could get your hands on (or if you already have) front A-arms that are fully adjustable (talking about Caster and Camber) i believe houser makes a trick setup. this would be a HUGE PLUS. that is the biggest thing that will win you races is if you can get that front end geometry down pat with your riding style.

and of course a lowering kit setup.

the guys that run 400's at the track i run my go carts at always spank the Banshee's and rappy's.