PDA

View Full Version : Hiper assembly ???

GIXXER1KR
08-20-2007, 07:21 PM
Just a ???I bought a set of Hipers a while ago and when i mounted my tires i just kept tightening the beadlock ring until the ring was fully seated against the rim.I didnt torque it but just kept going criss cross till tight?I noticed there site says to torque 8-11 lbs.This wouldnt even seat the beadlock ring.Mine have been fine but just wondering:confused:

ryann mx68
08-20-2007, 08:09 PM
you really should have torqued them. if there is a "even" gap all the way around..its ok. depending on diff tires, some may seat all the way and some may not. if you break 1 of those bolts, your gonna be bull$hit

Lonestar_R
08-20-2007, 08:20 PM
you would be surprised how far you will have to go to get the right torque...I have always torqued mine to 9 to 10 foot pounds and they always had the rings completely down

Romp013
08-20-2007, 09:08 PM
Yeah definitely torque them, especially with a 6-ply tire. I mounted some 6-ply IRAZR's and I didn't like the gap so I went a little tighter and ended up cracking the ring in one spot. Replaced the ring and torqued to spec, there was still a big gap but I haven't had a problem yet.

08-21-2007, 10:51 PM
actually the inner metal pieces will pull out of the rim if you get them too tight, its not breaking a bolt thats a problem

i havent been to this site in about 2 years, i saw this thread and decided to make a post, so you should be happy to be graced with my presence lol