PDA

View Full Version : Another jetting question

BranMan
08-20-2007, 06:07 PM
well im not to good with the hole jetting thing.. this may b a stupid question but there is no better place to get the answer.. if my engine is running hot and is backfiring on deceleration wat should i do?? plz let me no asap...

Thanks in advance
Branson

honda300EXtreme
08-20-2007, 06:17 PM
it sounds like your running lean,, remeber your main jet controls 3/4 - full throttle so if it runs good throughout those rpm ranges leave your main jet alone..

depending on how severe the popping is, you might just have to back out the air/fuel screw, remeber you only have a limited number of turns, so if you have to go out more than a turn or two, i would bump up your pilot jet to a 42

JOEX
08-20-2007, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by BranMan
well im not to good with the hole jetting thing.. this may b a stupid question but there is no better place to get the answer.. if my engine is running hot and is backfiring on deceleration wat should i do?? plz let me no asap...

Thanks in advance
Branson
In regards to jetting those symtoms generally mean the mixture is too lean.

What mods do you have and what's your current jetting?

BranMan
08-21-2007, 04:23 PM
well the only mods i have the will effect the jetting is i have a slip on pipe and no air box and a uni filter.. my current jetting if i remember right is 42 pilot and a 158 main.. 2 1/2 turns on the screw.. i think.. pretty close if not exact.. thanks for the help so far but more is def welcome... and removed choke..