PDA

View Full Version : another "gettin in shape" thread

ricksmx865
08-20-2007, 04:08 PM
i know there are several threads talking about getting in shape out there but most of them are talking about gaining endurance and stamina while LOSING weight

this is NOT an option for me, if fact i wouldnt mind puttin on 20-25 pounds, but my biggest concern right now is just getting in shape but not losing any weight

any tips, advice, whatever??

thanks

derekhonda
08-20-2007, 04:17 PM
Oh you want to gain weight, here is a few suggestions.

1. Eat
2. Eat some more
3. Eat again
4. Make dinner, eat it
5. Eat.

ricksmx865
08-20-2007, 04:24 PM
lmao

thanks

i seriously eat all the time tho, it dont do ****... .. i guess i just have high metabolism

haha i guess ill try eating more tho

MX MaNiAc 06
08-20-2007, 05:28 PM
Lift

ricksmx865
08-20-2007, 05:37 PM
got some f'd up shoulders, cant do too much upper body, just enough to stay toned, not enought to be building mass

looks like i'm about **** outta luck.... ill just have to run and bike and stuff and eat all i can and hope i dont start losing weight

derekhonda
08-20-2007, 07:41 PM
I honestly don't believe you have a clue. You either want to get cut up (and thus bike, run, lots of cardio etc.) or you want to gain mass and you eat as much as you can while doing weight training. You said your shoulders are bad but your biggest muscles are gonna be found in your legs and back (ok...and chest)

Go buy some muscle gainer at the store and start hitting the weights. There are people who just simply cant add weight, they are called ectomorphs (i think....ecto something or other) but thats only like 1% of the population

ricksmx865
08-20-2007, 08:40 PM
right i'm one of the ones that CANT gain weight, i spent all of HS lifting and taking cell tech

all i'm sayin now is that i wanna get in shape, endurance, stamina all that .... but i cant lose weight

if i gain weight thats cool, id love to gain 25 lbs (dont ever see it happening) but its whatever

i'm 6 1 150-155 now, so losing weight cant happen

do you go to IU btw??

derekhonda
08-20-2007, 09:18 PM
yeah i do.

if you dont want to lose weight take homer simpsons advice when he is trying to get to 300 pounds to go on disability:

"every second im out of bed im wasting hundreds of precious calories."

ricksmx865
08-20-2007, 09:23 PM
lol, alright.... ill just continue to eat like a pig but hit the bikes and running hard..... see if i can get into some lifting too

you ever go to DU?? i got some buddies that live there, i think i'm comin down next weekend actually

cr977
08-20-2007, 09:37 PM
if you are looking to just gain weight, they mabe you should instead of doing something just dont do anything

ricksmx865
08-20-2007, 09:41 PM
lol

good idea, then ill be a fat out of shape slop and ill ride like shtt....

keep that in mind tho,thanks

derekhonda
08-20-2007, 09:43 PM
i went to a stripper party there one time freshmen year, don't go to frats anymore not really my thing.

You still arent understanding this whole gaining and cutting thing. If you eat and run, they contradict each other to some degree. When you want to add weight, you need to eat and lift, with minimal cardio. I'm taking from this you are trying to stay away from putting any fat on your body, but on a bulking diet it comes with the territory, you just have to lose it later. Ever seen a body builder when he isnt planning on doin a show within the next 6 months? They are definately not as lean, not fat....but not lean. The goal is, put on weight (muscle and fat) by eating and lifting, then pick back up the cardio after youve gained 15-20 pounds, let your natural body weight rise a little bit, and then cut that 5-10 pounds of fat you added.

cr977
08-20-2007, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by ricksmx865
lol

good idea, then ill be a fat out of shape slop and ill ride like shtt....

keep that in mind tho,thanks

well if you eat more, then run/bike whatever just enough to stay in shape then just relax, then you will slowly gain weight, and stay in shape at the same time.

Villageidiott83
08-21-2007, 01:56 PM
www.bodybuilding.com will help more then the peeple on here.....

ricksmx865
08-21-2007, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by derekhonda
i went to a stripper party there one time freshmen year, don't go to frats anymore not really my thing.

You still arent understanding this whole gaining and cutting thing. If you eat and run, they contradict each other to some degree. When you want to add weight, you need to eat and lift, with minimal cardio. I'm taking from this you are trying to stay away from putting any fat on your body, but on a bulking diet it comes with the territory, you just have to lose it later. Ever seen a body builder when he isnt planning on doin a show within the next 6 months? They are definately not as lean, not fat....but not lean. The goal is, put on weight (muscle and fat) by eating and lifting, then pick back up the cardio after youve gained 15-20 pounds, let your natural body weight rise a little bit, and then cut that 5-10 pounds of fat you added.

yea, i'm not really into the whole frat thing either, but my buddy keeps tellin me to come so... ill check it out

thanks for all the help man..... they just built a weightroom/fitness center at work so ill hit that hard.... its nice that its right here and open when i get off work at midnight

thanks again

and thanks to everyone else too

Warnerade
08-21-2007, 09:57 PM
you weight 155....dont take the advice and just eat eat and eat...eat clean, and eat a lot of that. Keep track of what you eat, mainly your calories, fat grams, carbs, and protein.

eat a bunch of red meat, chicken...rice...try to get 300 carbs, 70 grams of fat, and 200 grams of protein. To get your fat intake...sprinkle a table spoon of olive oil over your food, tastes a bit nutty...but it will work.

Also, a good thing to do is get a weight gainer from your local GNC or Vitamin shop...look for one with about 1000 calories per scoop and drink that after you work out.

So you got bad shoulders...stop being a baby, and lift what you can...concentrate on your legs, as thats what most people who work out seriously lack in. If you can only lift enough weight with your arms to stay "cut", as you say...if you eat right, that weight you put up will eventually grow into a bigger number, as your muscles grow to support it....it will just take longer than someone who doesnt have a shoulder problem