PDA

View Full Version : Have you tride this?

danney f
10-28-2002, 05:31 AM
I was getting ready to go ride in the rain and I looked over on the shelf and saw the bottle of rain-x and thought hmmm, It works on glass why not plastic? So I put it on the plastic and went out to play. The rain ran right off like it does on the windshield so I figured lets see how it does with mud. I went down the trail and did some fish tales and donuts and hit every puddle I could. Muddy water ran right off like the rain did. But the clumps of mud still stuck, but I was like hey it did pretty good. I came back to the house and started hoseing it off and the mud came right off and didn't leave any film behind, Most of the time if I don't hand wash it the mud will leave a film behind and it makes it look like crap. I think I'll use it more often now. Just thought I would share that with you guys and galls.
Thanks

AtvMxRider
10-28-2002, 05:41 AM
I never thought of that. I usually just spray wd-40 on mine.

danney f
10-28-2002, 07:16 AM
I hadn't either. Just saw it setting there and said "why not". I use armoral, the problem I have with it is if its dusty the dust just sticks to the plastic. But it might be the same way with the rain-x don't know.