PDA

View Full Version : Ceiling Leak...

Ghost-Rider
08-20-2007, 11:37 AM
Well, woke up today to the sound of electricity arcing in mt ceiling fan...stupid rain...And what gets me is it's not like i live in an old crappy house, but this roof is the original i think so i guess were getting a new one once the rain stops....

And the stupid Internet keeps going out...

JOEX
08-20-2007, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Ghost-Rider
Well, woke up today to the sound of electricity arcing in mt ceiling fan...stupid rain...And what gets me is it's not like i live in an old crappy house, but this roof is the original i think so i guess were getting a new one once the rain stops....

And the stupid Internet keeps going out...
Hope the electricity is turned off at the ceiling fan:eek2:

300exOH
08-20-2007, 11:57 AM
Yeah I would def turn the power off to that circuit asap. I feel for you...I woke up to about an inch of water in my basement this morning. My sump is backed up because of the rain we've had here in OH and theres more rain headed our way. :ermm: We've had somewhere around 2-2.5 inches of rain so far and counting...

I'm wondering if I should start building an ark...:(

Ghost-Rider
08-20-2007, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by 300exOH
We've had somewhere around 2-2.5 inches of rain so far and counting...

We have had 4 inches, had to help friend bail water out of their boat, the cover filled and tore.His uncle has a rain thing thats shows how much it has rained.

Aceman
08-20-2007, 10:06 PM
*rain gauge*

Jeez kid, do they teach you anything in school?

Ghost-Rider
08-20-2007, 10:09 PM
I typed rain gauge but the stupid spell checker kept changing it.

300exOH
08-20-2007, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Ghost-Rider
We have had 4 inches, had to help friend bail water out of their boat, the cover filled and tore.His uncle has a rain thing thats shows how much it has rained.

We ended up with anywhere from 3-6" of rain depending on which news broadcast you watch.:rolleyes: I think we got about 3" here and the town my parents live in got 6" total and theres a possibility of more overnight. I spent most of the evening in the basement with a squeegee trying to dry things out. What a mess... funny thing is the rain came from tropical storm Erin which is my wifes name. :eek2: