PDA

View Full Version : just picked up a 350 powervalve

waddle
08-20-2007, 10:20 AM
Hey guys, have been away from the R's for a while now, but im now back in the game,lol, i just picked up a LRD 350 powervalve, i always said i would get another 330 pv or a 350 pv, never ridden a 350, i cant wait to ride this thing, thanks fellow R riders!

waddle
08-20-2007, 10:41 AM
what is your opinion on this engine guys/?

Cr85rRida
08-20-2007, 11:42 AM
IMO a 350 is just to much for anythin unless its dunes, i just dont see the need for aall the power,i think a 310 is the best for just about everything. But the Fact its a PV is good so you have good bottom end. Get some pics up of this beast :D

what do you plan on riding with this R?? and if you dont mind telling how much did ya pay for her? Ride Red and safe!

addictedtomud
08-20-2007, 07:58 PM
I have a CT 350PV in a Rolldesign LOBO chassis setup for XC and I really like it. With smaller motors, I constantly shifted between 2nd and 3rd gear in the tight stuff. But now I can ride in 3rd gear and still have plenty of power all the time. This makes me alot faster and less fatigue.

I like the 350pv because of the torque, not the HP!

Kyle

PS- I'm also particular about who does the port work... I have never had an LRD motor but I hear they focus on torque and acceleration, not peak power. I also like CT alot for this reason.

I am not impressed with ESR330pv or PSI330pv. I had a Duncan 265pv and did not like it either.

C-LEIGH RACING
08-21-2007, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by addictedtomud
I have a CT 350PV in a Rolldesign LOBO chassis setup for XC and I really like it. With smaller motors, I constantly shifted between 2nd and 3rd gear in the tight stuff. But now I can ride in 3rd gear and still have plenty of power all the time. This makes me alot faster and less fatigue.

I like the 350pv because of the torque, not the HP!

Kyle

PS- I'm also particular about who does the port work... I have never had an LRD motor but I hear they focus on torque and acceleration, not peak power. I also like CT alot for this reason.

I am not impressed with ESR330pv or PSI330pv. I had a Duncan 265pv and did not like it either.

Thats the key to an outstanding port job, port the cylinder to fit the rider & what they are using the engine for, has worked for me quite a few years.
Neil

Witz
08-21-2007, 11:32 AM
I have had an LRD350PV for almost 6 years and really like the power delivery. The torque it puts out is the best part. It pulls hard from bottom to top. It doesn't have the peak hp that some motors do, but it has a lot more bottom end.