PDA

View Full Version : Rausch Creek Questions

honda400exrider
10-28-2002, 05:00 AM
okkk, im going to Rausch Creek, November 9-11 and have some questions...
1. do u have to have registration/license?
2. do u have to be a certain age to ride a 400ex?
3. when they say the require boots and pants, is that riding pants (thor, oneal, etc) or just regular boots and pants?
4. is ne1 else ggoing there at this time? lol and ne other trivial info is appreciated....

10-28-2002, 05:13 AM
pressed for time ...you can visit there website ..& call for all answers to questions ..they are open daily @ 9 or 10 am ..
www.rauschcreekracing.com

honda400exrider
10-28-2002, 05:33 PM
it didnt say on the website about age being able to ride on X amount of cc's..... is there a limit?

Tommy 17
10-28-2002, 05:45 PM
u dont' even need ur parents to sign... my friend was 15 when we went in march and he signed himself up and everything... they never questioned his age nor mine...

u can have regular pants, and boots just so the boots are over ur ankles, and u have ot have a long sleeve shirt...

Pappy
10-28-2002, 05:51 PM
and take a camera:D

Sportrax10
10-28-2002, 05:52 PM
im 14 and when i went i didnt have a problem

Sparks425Ex
10-28-2002, 06:55 PM
Kenny I love that Picture. So much air... So much air.

Poyntman400ex
10-28-2002, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by 400ex127
and take a camera:D

That's a kick ***** Picture. How high were you (The quad)? What's it like to land something like that? Where do you get the do dads to try something like that?

Pappy
10-28-2002, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Poyntman400ex

That's a kick ***** Picture. How high were you (The quad)? What's it like to land something like that? Where do you get the do dads to try something like that?

thats quad041 and i couldnt tell ya how it feels...im a wus;)

Poyntman400ex
10-28-2002, 08:07 PM
Same. Cool pic though.

Pappy
10-28-2002, 08:15 PM
well...im not a total wus;)

10-28-2002, 10:02 PM
well...im not a total wus;)

i am that place scares...ME!

10-28-2002, 10:04 PM
i like lil jumps..

Pappy
10-28-2002, 10:06 PM
oh nooooooo........the flying couch:eek: :blah

10-28-2002, 10:27 PM
oh nooooooo........the flying couch:eek: :blah

all ya need there is remote control...

felt like i was haulin fridge w/me;)

QuadRacer041
10-29-2002, 03:44 AM
kenny, you goin to the harescramble at rausch this weekend???

honda400exrider
10-29-2002, 04:57 AM
how fast did u have to go to clear that **** quad041?? DAMN!!! lata

two_baaalls
10-29-2002, 11:29 AM
Ready to freeze your butts off? Snow flurries Sat., High of 37 Sunday.

honda400exrider
10-29-2002, 11:42 AM
damn,,,, o well id rather freeze than sit at home being bored....

Pappy
10-29-2002, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by quad041
kenny, you goin to the harescramble at rausch this weekend???

yep....i shall be there ....sunday right?

Ex'r Marlin
10-29-2002, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by two_baaalls
Ready to freeze your butts off? Snow flurries Sat., High of 37 Sunday. :eek: And I plan on camping out Saturday??

Yep... The hare scramble race is Sunday.

Derno24
10-29-2002, 01:35 PM
Marlin,

I am still working on going Saturday. I may get there Saturday night and just sleep over. If I do I will bring the whip and the beer cans.

Ex'r Marlin
10-29-2002, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Derno24
Marlin,

I am still working on going Saturday. I may get there Saturday night and just sleep over. If I do I will bring the whip and the beer cans. LOL... I think we may need a heater too!

A little more than a week left to live your bachelor life, huh??? The girls did not whip you enough I hear??

I wonder if we will be the only two camping out Saturday??

Pappy
10-29-2002, 01:49 PM
marlin....dave will be in his camper....i may come up saturday night and party some before the race.....:D

10-29-2002, 01:58 PM

anything but RAIN & slop...I will have to think real hard about bringing my " junk" ... out in the SLOP!!..again ...for a while

nuttin like riding all in day cold weather & sloppy ~ss black muck..

I ve said it before....."I have had enough slop & wet ,cold..riding for one season"..

.........................................say what you will

..I have had enough!!!..

that MX track turns to *****...in a down pour ......the trails back there aint much better.either
I was planning on ridng the MX track on saturday....& racing on sunday...

Nj400EX
10-29-2002, 02:09 PM
Do i smell a EXRIDERS journey to Carter's again ?

beerock
10-29-2002, 02:15 PM
I was gonna go but I dont have a skid plate mount for my swingarm. I dont feel like wrecking my rotor and sprocket.

does anyone make a swingarm skid plate for swingarms without mounting brackets?:confused:

Pappy
10-29-2002, 02:19 PM
i dunno bee...im not racing...i will be pitting for #22

10-29-2002, 02:32 PM
i dunno bee...im not racing...i will be pitting for #22

...weather dictates my appearance...that is for riding ...:D :D
i should be there either way...
gotta go my camoer in TCTRI anyways ,...it misses ME! lol
& need some alone time ...anyways

.................................................. ............................

i give ya a swing arm skid plate BROQUE!
just to see how ya do up there OK??????

QuadRacer041
10-29-2002, 03:05 PM
ok cool ill be there with the 400 but just spectating, not racin

Derno24
10-29-2002, 03:37 PM
Rich: I think I have had enough naked women to last me till................Alright you might have talked me into it.

Marlin: I am checking into a propane heater for the trailer tonight. I may have your solution. Either that or we can just bundle up with Rich. I hear his Blazer gets toasty at night.

Like I said before if I come up at night where do you think I can meet everyone???

Note to self DON"T PARTY HARD NIGHT BEFORE SCRAMBLE. Almost tossed cookies last time.

Nj400EX
10-29-2002, 03:52 PM
Attention :: Please attend Ron's Carters Style Bachlor Party Saturday night . 9pm-?????? At the famous Carter's Mountain Girls Cafe .........I swear , thats what the menu said when me and Adam went last weekend LoL Mountain girls LoL

We should all get together this weekend . I'll leave you room next to my trailer for yours if you are coming to TC .

Pappy
10-29-2002, 03:54 PM
how is this course? anyone raced it?

Ex'r Marlin
10-29-2002, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Nj400EX
Attention :: Please attend Ron's Carters Style Bachlor Party Saturday night . 9pm-?????? At the famous Carter's Mountain Girls Cafe .........I swear , thats what the menu said when me and Adam went last weekend LoL Mountain girls LoLCool Rich... I have not yet been to Carter's... But Ron told me he really enjoys it there! Something about them mountain girls turns him on!:D

Beerock... Remember, I have an atv you can use! I know my 400 does not come close to your R, but if want to come out for some fun, you are more than welcome!

Kenny, not race?? :(

Pappy
10-29-2002, 04:09 PM
i dunno...lol i dont have much seat time on the dale....i would like too....just for fun but aint sure. do they run an am and pm class like the nationals?

Ex'r Marlin
10-29-2002, 04:12 PM
do they run an am and pm class like the nationals? Nah... Just one shot that lasts an hour. I think the practice lap will start at 11:00... Then everyone will probably line up in class... Then we all wait for the signal!:)

Pappy
10-29-2002, 04:15 PM
marlin....have you raced there? im not punkin out....but just like a lil info on teh course etc. i have been going to the h.s. at flyin dutchman ....very flat ...lol

Ex'r Marlin
10-29-2002, 04:29 PM
Nope, have not raced there yet. I have riden their trails several times now. More technical than Flying Dutchmen, without all those 180 degree turns! I would highly recommend a skid plate... Something that is not required at Flying Dutchmen. I would think the start at Rausch would be very similar to Flying Dutchman, since it is a District 6 race.

I am sure it will be a blast... A little rocky, some possible tree stumps and trees to avoid.:blah You will still get dirty, so Lenny (440ex4me) surely won't come!:D I forecast some mild hill climbs with tree stumps... and possibly some rock beds. I also think there will be some areas for riders to pass... Not always single track riding.

Does this help???

Pappy
10-29-2002, 04:32 PM
yup...thx...and see ya there:D

10-29-2002, 04:53 PM
kenny .......bet you would race that R
...you showed me .. yuo know ..."tacos"whatever 250R..
the one you might buy soon...
:D :blah

Pappy
10-29-2002, 05:01 PM
ya'll twistin my arm a lil? :p

beerock
10-29-2002, 05:06 PM
marlin, your crazy! you would let me race your 400 in a race? If I break parts it would be money I could be putting into my R....

Really your too nice marlin...

guys, my swingarm is a laeger and it has no mounts for a skid plate..... I do have a skid plate but no where to mount it....:o

NOv 10th is my birthday too......(day of the race).....

I dont know where I would stay.......(my girl might come with me too)

Im still not sure what im going to do....

pappy if I race I think you have to too....

I am also pressed for money....(I just spent over a grand on parts for my R)

damn I want to meet all of you too.....

my friend is having a huge party in the city at an exlusive club, my other friends are going riding in vermont...... and all the exriders are racing up at rausch creek......

any hotels near by?

Ill try to see if I can hook up a skid plate to my swingarm but I highly doubt it....:confused: :confused: :confused:- that is my major concern.....

I would also need a set of 22" tires and 23 inch fronts..... I dont have the cash for all that stuff......

Ex'r Marlin
10-29-2002, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by beerock
NOv 10th is my birthday too......(day of the race).....
pappy if I race I think you have to too....First of all... The hare scramble race is this Sunday, November 3, right?:confused: There is a hare scramble race in Jersey on either the 10th or 11th though.

Well, there is no excuse for you (Beerock) for you not to race... I will have the 400ex set up with the 23's up front and 22's in the rear... All you have to worry about is entry fee, AMA membership, and District 6 registration.:)

SOOO, If pappy is going to race... Then you (Beerock) have too!:D

2-R's, hope to see you out there... Even though you will be in a different class... Thank goodness for that!:p

NJ300ex
10-29-2002, 06:13 PM
I might come to watch. I have to convince my dad first though.

Marlin, it has been a long time since we have talked. Whats new?

Broque, you are right about Marlin being a nice guy. He will do anything to help you out. Now take the chance to test out the elka's on his 400ex while you still have it.

Pappy
10-29-2002, 07:40 PM
i dont belive i will race the dale there...yet.....i still dont have the skids on it ...and i will be racing the one in jersey as i was invited tonight.

just look for me....i will be crew chief for the #22 z400. i pit for him....

Ex'r Marlin
10-29-2002, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by NJ300ex
I might come to watch.I would check to see if you can race! I would call to find out Mike! It sure would be better than standing out in the cold watching... Right Kenny!:eek:

KIT Mike! (NJ300ex).

Pappy
10-29-2002, 07:53 PM
well maybe I will just race your 400:eek: im sure i still know how to make one go ;)

Ex'r Marlin
10-29-2002, 07:54 PM
i dont belive i will race the dale there...yet.....i still dont have the skids on it ...:( Well, I would have to agree, not having skid plates is not a wise choice out there. Do you have the skid plates and you just need to mount them, or do you still need to get some??

Pappy
10-29-2002, 07:59 PM
no i have new prm's.....i do not trust the stock one up there....nad i have a major job ahead of me just to install the rear skid.:mad: seems cdale wants you to take the sproket and brake rotor off.....then install the friggon thing.:macho

no matter.....i will enjoy seeing everyone that shows up.....ill be the warm one...with the lil flask in my hand:devil

Ex'r Marlin
10-29-2002, 08:05 PM
just look for me....i will be crew chief for the #22 z400. i pit for him.... There are no pit stops!:p See, you will be bored on the side lines... Even with flask in hand!:blah

Pappy
10-29-2002, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Ex'r Marlin
There are no pit stops!:p See, you will be bored on the side lines... Even with flask in hand!:blah

well last race...2 goggle changes and fuel.....coasted to a nice top 5 finish....not bad...lol but it was real muddy....and there could always be a flat.....

and the flask is for medicinal purposes;)

beerock
10-29-2002, 09:52 PM
wow marlin....you make that awful tempting.....
kenny, sound sllike I may have to come race at the Nj race....

my shore house is down the road so maybe we can take a ride on my boat LOL.(its still in the water)

I gotta get it out.....sometime?:o

Derno24
10-29-2002, 10:06 PM
400ex127: you are worried about the dale rear swing arm skid??? I have a cannibal and my original skid is still on there. i have run it at tower. Marlin will tell you I am not gentle. I have also run the harescramble at Jack Frost. It may be a plastic skid, but it ain't very weak. I have my aluminum skid ready to go when I get the time (over the winter) but I haven't needed it. You should try the dale just for fun. You won't be disappointed.

10-29-2002, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Ex'r Marlin

2-R's, hope to see you out there... Even though you will be in a different class... Thank goodness for that!:p

I just hope it is good weather ....i will be there either way....

what class ???
the "weirdo" class... ??... j/k
I just dont wanna be too hard
on a newly put together machine ..
I aint real fast ..least i dont think so ....

but kenny bettter get his but out there...lol..

:eek:

10-29-2002, 11:00 PM

gonna be like a high of 30...on sunday

damn...better break out the thermals..

I checked the tower city webiste ..there weather site said this:huh

Pappy
10-30-2002, 04:10 AM
:rolleyes:

QuadRacer041
10-30-2002, 01:08 PM
kenny your coming to the harescrable in nj on nov 9 and 10, sweet, ill see ya there too.
i want to ride so bad, its been like a month. im dyin, ive been having some back problems, the doctor said i hyper extanded it and it was pinching a nerve, man it hurt. but its almost good but still want to give it time to heal right so i dont re injur it.

Pappy
10-30-2002, 01:18 PM
awesome lou.....glad ya feeling better.

look me up at the race......i'll be chuckin rocks at people i dont like ...;) :D

10-30-2002, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by quad041
kenny your coming to the harescrable in nj on nov 9 and 10, sweet, ill see ya there too.
i want to ride so bad, its been like a month. im dyin, ive been having some back problems, the doctor said i hyper extanded it and it was pinching a nerve, man it hurt. but its almost good but still want to give it time to heal right so i dont re injur it.

Lou go see a chiropractor and you won't have to wait a month to ride, he'll have ya up and goin within a week or 2,,Jeremiah Jones pretty much worships his back cracker..:D

Pappy
10-30-2002, 01:26 PM
not me jack....i went to one of them voodoo doc's....all was cool till he wanted to lay on me to crack my back:eek: i said he!! noooo you aint!!!!!

i will go under the knife before that ever happens again:grr

knighttime
10-30-2002, 01:33 PM
not me jack....i went to one of them voodoo doc's....all was cool till he wanted to lay on me to crack my back:eek: i said he!! noooo you aint!!!!!

i will go under the knife before that ever happens again:grr

Wow, with all the weeks and months of rehab plus with all the possible side effects of surgery, I think the chiro is the way to go at least at first. Dont be scared, just lay there relaxed and the chiro will have ya feelin much better. :eek: :huh

Pappy
10-30-2002, 01:36 PM
WELL.....when my new back doctor found out the chriro was trying to crack my back.....when i had a cracked vertebrea.....he was a lil concerned :eek:

10-30-2002, 02:21 PM
Kenny I"ve got a fractured vertebrea in my lower back also and have 2 compressed vertebrea that i've had for over 10 years,,as long as you let them know its' there and if the chiro doesn't take X-rays before he does anything to you then yes get up and leave. Most Dr's. don't like chiropractors because they can't face the facts that a chiro has more years of schooling over them..:eek: My girlfreind has worked for chiropractors for over 8 years and I've been seeing them for even longer than that. Did you know chiropractic care can cure jondice in a baby,,the list goes on and on with what good things a chiropractor can do for the human body. As my favorite sign that's in my back crackers office states. "If your spine was on your face would you take care of it and visit a chiropractor" most people would not because there scared he gonna break them in half. I get severe migraine headaches to were a bullet sounds better than a beer. I go get my back or mainly my neck and shoulders adjusted and it knocks the edge off the pain more than any possible drug I've ever taken,,,I eat painkillers like M&M's for a migraine and it does nothing. I"m a full believer in chiropractors just for the fact I've been there so many times,,I've seen people that haven't walked in years and depend on a wheelchair to get around visit a chiropractor and within a month or 2 they were walking on there own.. If you sit down and read what chiropractors do and how your body works along with sublaxation I think you would agree. PS..I go to the chiropractor over the family doctor 5-1 and he always helps without any drugs...If your body can handle quad racing and beating,,then a simple back pop is a walk in the park..

But I will state that a chiro can't fix all problems,,but you haven't done everythint to fix a problem until you'v seen a chiropractor.

Pappy
10-30-2002, 02:29 PM
yeah i know...im just a big wus:(

10-30-2002, 02:42 PM
yeah i know...im just a big wus:(

wait a minute...I thought you was a lesbian in mans clothing??:huh :confused:

Pappy
10-30-2002, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Rico

wait a minute...I thought you was a lesbian in mans clothing??:huh :confused:

oh yeah....well that goes with out saying;)

10-30-2002, 03:06 PM

well last race...2 goggle changes and fuel.....coasted to a nice top 5 finish....not bad...lol but it was real muddy....and there could always be a flat.....

wow !!....ya never told me ..or maybe i just forgot
when was that ..??

chiros work ...I'm living proof of this ...
1 time I jolted my back real bad while riding ...
by the time I got home couldn't even stand up stright ....
2 chiro visits later I was fine...

Pappy
10-30-2002, 03:14 PM
at flying dutchman dave....harlen....racing? lol day cody got burnt?

two_baaalls
10-30-2002, 03:20 PM
I can't believe Kenny's wussin out, this will be my first race...

You and Dave goin is the only reason I got the balls to go.

I'll be there, with thermals on.
Vic

Pappy
10-30-2002, 03:23 PM
well when the dale is ready i will be too.....that is NOT the area to run without skids.

10-30-2002, 03:39 PM
kenny ..if ya want to race w/skids get in touch w/Lewis at atv addiction I 'm sure he can help ..they sell C-dales also .. I 'm sure they got skids..for it ...

I dont mean to bust your balls Kenny..
I understand your concerns..
but unless the C-dale has cheaper & less sturdy stock skids than a DS650...you should be OK..

I ran the DS about 10 or 15 times up there in the same enviroment...& its much heavier ...w/stock skids.

..............the c- dale appears to have almost the same design as a DS & it never hurt anything,& remembr the builders of the C-dale test it in the similar enviroment (Pa rock etc )..... you should be ok.......but we all know its up to you ..etc

I did (later on)...replace them w/prm skids ...cause after awhile
they wore down fron the rocks scraping them...they were not broke but they were gettin kinda thin...

Pappy
10-30-2002, 03:43 PM
ok screw it i will race....

dave...you racing if its muddy?;)

10-30-2002, 03:52 PM
...i should be there ...
I wanted to bring the new one ..but it dont look like its gonna happen.. am feeling pretty bad rt now from being in the damp ,cold (no heat )garage..a lot lately in order to finish it ...

I dont think I will finish ..it,in time

so I will stop putting time into it & rest lil more ...

then ...I will have to change the 310 back to woods set up sometime this week in order to race sunday...i should be done & ready before sunday

Derno24
10-30-2002, 03:53 PM
I am hurt that is what I said earlier...See you guys there sunday.

Pappy
10-30-2002, 03:54 PM
I am hurt that is what I said earlier...See you guys there sunday.

stop snivling......lol i still have to get a kill switch....or its a no go anyway:rolleyes:

10-30-2002, 04:04 PM

stop snivling......lol i still have to get a kill switch....or its a no go anyway:rolleyes:

atv addiction...can help for that too...bro...

honda400exrider
10-30-2002, 04:07 PM
waiiitttt..... are u racing in the same track that i would be just jumping in? lol sooo let me get this straight,,, what track do they use for racing and stuff? and would i still be able to ride there??

10-30-2002, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by honda400exrider
waiiitttt..... are u racing in the same track that i would be just jumping in? lol sooo let me get this straight,,, what track do they use for racing and stuff? and would i still be able to ride there??

:huh :D its hair a scramble mostly thru the woods ...might go onto track some lol....or just get out the way...!!!
call or got www.rausccreekracing.com for the real INFO...I know nothing :D

10-30-2002, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by "2-R's Rider"
...i should be there ...
I wanted to bring the new one ..but it dont look like its gonna happen.. am feeling pretty bad rt now from being in the damp ,cold (no heat )garage..a lot lately in order to finish it ...

I dont think I will finish ..it,in time

so I will stop putting time into it & rest lil more ...

then ...I will have to change the 310 back to woods set up sometime this week in order to race sunday...i should be done & ready before sunday

wish it were done

honda400exrider
10-30-2002, 04:44 PM
yooo how much where those front shocks?

Derno24
10-30-2002, 10:13 PM
Don't sweat the kill switch just don't fall off. They haven't checked yet. Or just get the pingel switch and the plate Jeff should have them in stock. If not R&S does.

QuadRacer041
10-31-2002, 10:31 AM
rico,
ive been going to a chiro, for about a month now.its helping but i still have pain.he said that it sounds like my syadic(sp?) nerve was affected to so i have pain running down the back of both my legs.
the pain in much less then when it first happened but if i land a jump wrong im afraid im gonna reinjur it.
when i go there he puts stim and heat on my lower back for like 15minutes, then he cracks my spine in a few places and thats it.then i go home and ice it for 20min.

10-31-2002, 11:26 AM
041,..sounds similar to my injury & treatments ...
sounds like a pretty good doc from here..
mine says heat gets ya loose, & is best before & after doing adjustments,teatments..
you may end up being a maintenance patient like me..
...i go whenever i feel slightest ..tightness.etc my doc says
dont wait for pain ...at that point you are risking more damage to the nerve..
I have a hard time remembering I'm 40 yrs old..

QuadRacer041
10-31-2002, 11:33 AM
its sux man, it hurts more when i am trying to carrier something in my arms. like is i hold my kid in my arms i feel it all the way down my legs,,,,,ouch!

10-31-2002, 11:48 AM
stick with the treatments ..I dunno for sure but I think you will be ok ...in time ..takes time to put everything back in place ...beats the knife...that can be a gamble at times my dad had surgery...
he had to get 2 or 3 before they were able to releive the pain entirely...good luck man ..

Nj400EX
10-31-2002, 04:30 PM
Lenny , Dave , Ron , Marlin , Kenny ......When are you guys gonna be up in the TC area . Me and Adam will be up at my campsite tomorrow afternoon/night . We should all hook up and party . Also we need to take Ron to carter's for his party HahAhAhAhahahahahA Carter's , what a joke .............Such memories lol

10-31-2002, 04:34 PM
Lenny , Dave , Ron , Marlin , Kenny ......When are you guys gonna be up in the TC area . Me and Adam will be up at my campsite tomorrow afternoon/night . We should all hook up and party . Also we need to take Ron to carter's for his party HahAhAhAhahahahahA Carter's , what a joke .............Such memories lol
Rich I may be up saturday afternoon I will try to catch up to you after rausch.......look for round 5 or 6 ...:D

Nj400EX
10-31-2002, 04:40 PM
I thought your camper is calling you Dave ??? Go up tomorrow night . If not we will catch up Saturday . You know where i live on the weekends :) LoL Up by the bears that use toilet paper Lmao

10-31-2002, 04:46 PM
yeah the camper is but the quad is not ready ...I ll be up saturday ...to see my bud at Carters..

Nj400EX
10-31-2002, 04:55 PM
The guy at Carter's was sucking lighter fluid last weekend Lmao Can't wait to see what this weekend has in store for us .

On a lighter note may i suggest the Carter's California Burger . I could've eaten 4 or 5 last time LoL See you Saturday dave . how bout the rest of you guys ?????

Ex'r Marlin
10-31-2002, 05:00 PM
Rich I may be up saturday afternoon I will try to catch up to you after rausch.......look for round 5 or 6 ...:D Ditto... I am planning on being there Saturday late afternoon. I want to be there before 4:00 though to pitch tent... If need be.:) Carter's huh... I guess there is always a first time for everything!:D :rolleyes:

Derno24
10-31-2002, 07:12 PM
I am trying to get there on Saturday evening. Wedding plans are slowing me up. (DAMN WOMAN)

Marlin is the greatest guy on exriders. He helped me with the steering stabilizer I added and helped me try to put on a magura clutch, but the bike wouldn't allow it. Thanks again marlin.

Anyway, if I am not there sat where are you guys going to be on sunday. I should be there at Rausch around 9:00 am

Ex'r Marlin
10-31-2002, 07:25 PM
I am trying to get there on Saturday evening. Wedding plans are slowing me up. (DAMN WOMAN)I thought the woman takes care of the plans, and does all the work... What's up Ron!:confused:

As for Sunday morning... The parking lot is fairly large. If I end up camping out, I will probably be all the way down on your right hand side... If I remember right, there are a few trees to help block the wind.:p

Ex'r Marlin
10-31-2002, 07:28 PM
Ron (Derno24), you can't pass up Rich's invite to Carter's, can you??:confused: :devil Remember... This will be your Exriders.com bachelor party... Can it get any better than last Saturday night??? I guess you need to come to find out!!:eek:

10-31-2002, 09:57 PM
Hey sorry for not posting earlier but somehow missed it.

Well racing is out of the question and I cant come up with an excuse as good as a skid plate but would an arsehole machinest and a completely disassembled motor count :) Cant believe this genius has had my stuff for three weeks and I even went for $60.00 in air freight so it would be done last friday, and hes asking me to wait till monday. :mad: :grr

Guess what I told him to perform on himself :devil So now I will have a bored and honed cyl but a head that is still needing a valve job and assembly and it aint gonna be happening by the weekend:(

Best thing for your backs is something your insurance will not go for and thats a combo of chiro and physical therapy.

Chiro is great and after a while even addicting cause you just feel so good when your spine is straight (and it even helps those alchohol migranes ;) ;) right rico ) but the only prob is that many if not most all back problems are started or aggrevated by weak back and stomach muscles. So deff see the chiro at min twice a month but do some of the right exercise and see how much better you can controll the pain, it works for me and I know real fast when I get lazy about it.

Now for carters and the "snaggle puss dancers" I am trying to work something out for heading up on saturday. Is anyone heading that way saturday? Doing any riding on Sat?

10-31-2002, 10:00 PM
Wheres the scramble in NJ ? And its the 9th?

Derno24
10-31-2002, 10:27 PM
Marlin, Come on you know I am the woman in my relationship. Yeah I want to check Carter's out and Rich definately has the idea. Besides I have to give him his tape. SHHHHH don't remind him that I haven't given it too him. I am a dummy.

Anyway, Rich you trying the scramble out??? Or are you just going or are you heading home???

beerock
10-31-2002, 11:39 PM
heheheh, speaking of chiros, my one friend with the laeger 310r just happens to be a chiro. we call him "the bone dr"

it gives us extra assurance while out on the trails...

im still debating on racing the harescramble or taking it easy and practicing for next weeks race in NJ :)

Nj400EX
11-01-2002, 04:35 AM
Give me my tape Ron !!!!! LoL j/k

Lenny I'm going up to TC tonight and riding tomorrow . Bust out the yammi and come riding . I'm gonna PM you my cell # . Give me a call.

11-01-2002, 05:54 AM
lenny on a YAMMY...bah ha ha ...:rolleyes:
:D ...wear a halloween disguise ...lol:)

want to rent a honda???

11-01-2002, 07:23 AM
Bust out the yammi and come riding .I'm gonna PM you my cell # . Give me a call. I am gonna shoot you a call later today. After I figure out what I am doing for the weekend. I dont know about the warrior cause I am thinking I may just end up rollin that thing cause I am not used to it anymore.

heheheh, speaking of chiros, my one friend with the laeger 310r just happens to be a chiro. we call him "the bone dr" Bee thats the way to do it just bring "DR Feel good" on the NJ ride .

lenny on a YAMMY...bah ha ha ...

Should I just take the car (hel! of a lot better mileage LOL) and be prepared for some R riding? That could be interesting :)

Derno24
11-01-2002, 11:22 AM
Lenny the real question is are you going and when???

Rich I have the tape...I finally watched the bear part...You guys were laughing awfully hard. One question was the bear stuff before or after the dump in the woods??

QuadTrix6
11-01-2002, 11:34 AM

thats quad041 and i couldnt tell ya how it feels...im a wus;)

yea those crazy jersey guys :devil

11-01-2002, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by 440EX4me
Should I just take the car (hel! of a lot better mileage LOL) and be prepared for some R riding? That could be interesting :)

You should bring your truck & yammy.. only playin ..
;)

Then I remembered the last trip to TCTRI ...(& the pancake turn :eek: )
I would n't be happy if ya did the same thing w/1 of the R's... :grr

Derno24
11-01-2002, 12:31 PM
You know I really wish I could have seen that, but I was in front of all of that. Besides I don't think Lenny has what it takes to ride the R. j/k :D

11-02-2002, 04:11 AM
Lenny the real question is are you going and when??? Ok smartie but I hear your havin these troubles allready and its not even all half hers yet :) but seriously I am now thinking on sunday, but will see.

Then I remembered the last trip to TCTRI ...(& the pancake turn ) :blah no worrie there dude just keep me from the pavement and boredom, damn the stupidest things happen when your completely not paying any attention. But hey at least its precision x10 at WOT :D

You know I really wish I could have seen that, but I was in front of all of that. Besides I don't think Lenny has what it takes to ride the R. j/ c'mon now be nice :rolleyes:

Wasnt much to watch unless you like slow mo instant replay :D took like 2 minutes to complete that trick.

Tame that R like a snagglepuss carters mountain woman :D:devil :macho

Anyhow its looking like maybe sunday or maybe next trip :( but not givin up yet. Dave and ron you guys gonna have those extra machines , right?

Derno24
11-02-2002, 09:27 AM
Lenny give me a call. If you are going up on sunday maybe you can just come here and ride up with me. Or I can meet you somewhere easier. I will pm you with my cell # if you lost it.

Yes I have the 2nd machine.

Derno24
11-03-2002, 05:28 PM
Just a little update. Exriders were in good showing at Rausch. In the 4stroke c class Derno24 8th place, 400ex127 4th place, two balls 3rd place, and Ex'rMarlin with the 2nd place finish. 2r's was there also, but we are unsure where he finished.

11-03-2002, 10:20 PM
Hmmm What does DNF mean? :) :rolleyes:

Good job there guys, congrats to all !!

Derno24
11-04-2002, 05:46 AM
Lenny I finished. Just finished before Marlin did that is all.

11-04-2002, 11:47 AM
I beleive lenny may have been talking about me ... I
raced w/ a newly built machine.....

I was using this race for a test of sorts for the new R.
I plan to race in in the 03 season..

I did choose to "DNF"....for misc. reasons
primarily for my personal ... "safety"
the quad seem to develop suvere handling problems ..
I went over the bars 2 times....after this I called it QUITS!.

I got a great start in the "B" class ..I even got ahead of bud ...who is a seasoned racer.. I hit a tree after a few minutes into the race ...this ruined my 3rd or 4th start..I continued
...til i had enough with the handling..
This was my second ever woods race..& first race on my new machine...I'll be back..

Ex'r Marlin
11-04-2002, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by "2-R's Rider"
This was my second ever woods race..& first race on my new machine...I'll be back.. Cool, hope to see you again out there! I did not know you went over the handle bars!!!!:( Are you ok??

I heard your machine had a hard time going between some of the trees. If so, I guess you may want to go narrower, huh??

Well, congrats on a good start, sorry to hear you stopped so soon... Hopefully by next race you will have here dialed in!:)

11-04-2002, 12:50 PM
I beleive lenny may have been talking about me ... I Now the DNF was for ???? but nope not dave sorry man I will get ya next time. Well at least you know the power is there cause that machine was moving.

And what ever happened to the pit crew?

Derno24
11-04-2002, 01:47 PM
Yeah Lenny what happened to the pit crew??? What were you doing there? I don't think sitting on the pine being a monday morning quarterback is the way to be.:devil

Get on the back buddy I'll give you a ride.:D

11-04-2002, 02:40 PM
after rinsing it off today I see what could have been a
major factor to the handling problem .. & why it seemed to get worse as the ride went on ...
the axle nut was loosened up pretty good

the quad.. just would not go where I wanted it to..
whenever I was on the pipe..
this was a brand new part( & was tight)..must have taken a pretty good shot ..a large chip in it from impacting a rock..

Derno24
11-04-2002, 02:48 PM
That really sucks. Must have happened early on.

11-04-2002, 02:57 PM
I think it did happen after about 5 minutes into it ..
some where near the in & out of woods section,...

after going thru the 2 humps were everyone got jammed up I was all over the place ..soon smacking everything...

Pappy
11-04-2002, 05:09 PM
bad news there dave.....ive got scratches only so far. the lower section where it got real bad is where my stuff was nicked i believe.

and that damn big rock....near the tree and bottomless hole....it took a sweet ol' chunk outta my front bead lock:macho :(

Derno24
11-04-2002, 05:51 PM
The bigger question is where was Rich? I thought he was coming. Anyone talk to him lately?

11-04-2002, 05:59 PM
The bigger question is where was Rich? I thought he was coming. Anyone talk to him lately?
I saw him saturday at TCTRI he was sayin he was coming
but maybe was busy partyin over there w/the bros at his camp site

11-04-2002, 06:14 PM
I was over at MX track after the race...w/the 310 R..,
Saw a younger freind mine (on his cannondale) nose dive & fly over the bars real hard...over a small double ...
when i ran up to him ,...he was out cold ...after a few minutes of trying to snap him em out of it ...I realized he was riding w /a cast on his left arm...:confused:
he was acting as if he had a concussion or something..dizzy etc ..eyes rolled backed alil ...took about 5 minutes before he could get up

I can t understand how he was allowed on the track ..:rolleyes:

Nj400EX
11-04-2002, 06:42 PM
Good Job in the race guys

As for me i was over at camp . I was too tired to race sunday mornin when i woke up but i wanted to stop over and see you guys . Instead we ended up going for a ride and having YAMAHA problems again LoL A warrior broke down near the start of the whoop trail and got towed back by a banshee :) Don't worry guys , Me and Adam made Honda jokes the whole time LoL I'll catch you guys on the next one .

Ron , Have fun on Saturday , Congrats dude !!

Where's my tape ?!?!@?!?!?!?!? LoL

Derno24
11-04-2002, 06:57 PM
I guess. I had a tape for him. Just wanted to make sure nothing happened.

Lazy man, Should have stopped by just to get the tape.. Now I have to mail it. Just for that you can't see the new trailer yet.

Ex'r Marlin
11-04-2002, 07:23 PM
I'll catch you guys on the next one . Cool, so you will be there Saturday at Manahawkin, NJ for the hare scramble???:)

Sorry you had to deal with the Yamaha problems... Again. Sounds like you and Kenny have something in common... You both like to help out the "other" guys!:)

I hope we can all meet up again soon. If not this Saturday... There is a New Jersey ride on the 15th that we plan on camping out on... KIT!

Nj400EX
11-05-2002, 02:10 PM
Nope sorry Marlin . I'm working Saturday so count me out for the scramble in Manahawkin . I think i'm workin the weekend of the NJ ride so count me out for that too . Yea sux to be me but Ca-Chinggggggg LoL Gotta fund my winter project somehow right ???

Ron , yea i was just being lazy Sunday LoL I could've easily drove the extra 1/4 mile to Rausch to see you guys but i got on 81 and headed home . Oh yea and i want to see the trailer damnit ! LoL All i saw is the bottom right corner of the back door in the pic you posted before .

Derno24
11-05-2002, 06:02 PM
NJ400ex: Marlin, Lenny, and I feel neglected now. We were all expecting to see you there. Oh well. :blah

Guys I am actually in the process of cleaning my quad. I figured after finding the handlebar clamp loose and the tie rod is starting to give me problems I thought I better go over it top to bottom.

11-06-2002, 04:12 AM
:mad: So you would rather watch yammi's get towed around :D

bklyn400ex
11-11-2002, 07:32 PM
how is rauch creek, i never been there, if i go imma bring my girl, she rides too, but she likes to take it easy on the tracks, and she loves trails, i like everything ,will it be good for both of us

Ex'r Marlin
11-11-2002, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by bklyn400ex
how is rauch creek, i never been there, if i go imma bring my girl, she rides too, but she likes to take it easy on the tracks, and she loves trails, i like everything ,will it be good for both of us Definitely... the wide trails they have are fairly mild with some rocks, and there are some trails that branch off of them that are a little more technical with some tighter trails, bigger rocks in some areas, and steeper hill climbs. If she gets too nervous, it is fairly easy to turn around and head back the other way. It is likely to get a little dirty out there... So if she doesn't mind all this... I am sure she will have a good time!:) As for the MX tracks they have... Wow... Not for me... Them guys are crazy, but if you are into it, they look like they have a good time out there. Some guys get alot of air out there off them jumps they have. The tracks look pretty long and they have a few MX tracks out there. I could be wrong, but I think they have a little "beginner" MX track... I see the smaller kids riding that!:cool:

bklyn400ex
11-11-2002, 08:19 PM
thanx alot man, where else do u ride?

Ex'r Marlin
11-11-2002, 08:32 PM
I will PM you where I trail ride at...

two_baaalls
11-12-2002, 01:09 AM
I thought it was pretty hard. Maybe just the speed I was trying to get thru it though. If you take the same route we did during the Harescramble, take her thru it slow the first time, it had a few suprises.

11-12-2002, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by bklyn400ex
thanx alot man, where else do u ride?
We (me & mrs 2 R's) also ride nearby at Tower City Trail Riders ...riding club...it is a few minutes from Rausch Creek
...have you ever rode there??

QuadTrix6
11-12-2002, 12:37 PM
that track looks sick i gotta get there next year :cool:

honda400exrider
11-12-2002, 02:36 PM
yeah, newayz i was there the tenth and had a blast! my friend's carrier bearings shot after riding for like an hour, he spent the rest of the day fixing them while i was riding around with my other buddy. he finally fixed it at the end of the day, rite when it was starting to get dark. he rode for 15-30 mins and either cased or overcleared a lil double and the quad flipped on him... he broke his finger pretty bad, and got some bruises on him... my dad told us before we went in that if we got hurt, we'd have to head home. well, we showered and got packeed and headed home...

newaYZ it was a great experience,, i didnt get pics cause i dont know where my digi is, but i dont think theyd b that great newayz, cause i aint da best jumper in the world if u know what i mean;) ... im still sore 2days later, but once again, i had a blast....

i would reccomend ne1 to ride here, it was really fun. hopefully ill b going there again soon!

11-12-2002, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by QuadTrix66
that track looks sick i gotta get there next year :cool:

ride it as much as possible ...let me know if go ..
:)

MIKE400EX
11-12-2002, 10:00 PM
honda400exrider, was that you and your friend parked by the entrance of the bike mx track/right across from the concession stand? i saw someone on that corner with their carrier apart most of the afternoon.
I was on the yellow 400 with a yellow z400 following me all day. I was hoping that they would open the bike track up, I seem to do better on that one than the atv track in the middle.

honda400exrider
11-13-2002, 07:30 PM
oomggg !!!! it was me allright!!! lol, did u have big rear tires?

MIKE400EX
11-14-2002, 08:08 AM
No, mine has stock tires. Just some Renthals and a (quiet) big gun exhaust.

honda400exrider
11-14-2002, 05:31 PM
i think i saw u, did yer friend have a yoshi?

MIKE400EX
11-14-2002, 08:48 PM
No, his z is bone stock. I was the really slow one on the atv track - my back was killing me. I mostly ran around in the woods and on the harescramble track.

honda400exrider
11-15-2002, 09:01 PM
i think i might remember seeing u on the enduro. pretty much every1 on the track was fairly slow...