PDA

View Full Version : Bad Luck again

markvette
08-20-2007, 09:07 AM
man i think somebody hexed us. a couple weeks ago my sons race 300 started making a tapping noise. knew it wasnt valve adjustment but it was coming from the top end. pulled the head cover off and the bolts on the cam sprocket had backed out and stripped the threads on the web cam. bought a used stock cam for the race this weekend. put it together with stock rockers. started ticking at the race and knew it was valve noise. adjusted the valves and still ticked. took head cover off and one cam lobe has a flat spot and cupped the rocker. so last night i got the old credit card out and ordered a new powroll billet cam and a brand new set of stock honda rockers. at least i dont have to have hardweld rockers with the billet cam. had cam and rockers 2 day aired to me so hopefully it will be back together by thursday as we have another series race this weekend and my son has moved up to third in the points. with the web cam he was coming out of the gate pretty good and hanging with the 450 quads pretty good. he runs beginner class in this series and all the rest of the quads are 450's. wish us luck this weekend.

Mark

2muchquad
08-21-2007, 05:08 PM
bolts on the cam sprocket had backed out and stripped the threads on the web cam

Yeah i feel your pain.I had the same thing happen except mine broke the came after the bolts let loose and broke 3 teeth off the crank sprocket.!abra cadabra,crank and cam was toast just like that!.I even had loctite on the bolts.oh well,i have learned since then.:( Good luck to ya'