PDA

View Full Version : Neck Support

bulldogfallon
08-19-2007, 11:28 PM
Our boy(Dillan 5 yrs old) took a nasty spill today and luckily he is fine, but it could have been much worse...

He was caught in a rut and was hit so hard from behind by another rider that he was flipped backward off his DRX50..he did a full 360 degree flip in the air....

It was very scary to watch....His body was thrown in the air like a rag doll....It is a feeling that as a parent you don't forget

Well this has caused us to look for something better besides his chest protector and neck roll..

I see that EVS has a neck roll with some type of support attached and then there is the Leatt neck brace??

Any opinions or experiences with these?

I have the Rockgardn body armor on it's way.....their 08 models work with the Leatt brace without mods.

I think we are going to order the Leatt, but wanted some input before we take the plunge.....it is pricey, but after what I saw today I need to do more for him

3-D Racing Dad
08-20-2007, 04:34 AM
The way I look at it is this, We as parents dont pinch pennies when it comes to horsepower or suspension why do it on saftey. That was my reasoning for going with the Leatt Brace and now we are glad we did.

mxdad
08-20-2007, 12:34 PM
Glad he is ok!!!

I agree that you should never be cheap when it comes to safety.

We use the Leatt & Rockgardn flak jacket every time he rides. Our flak jacket was bought in 06 and works fine with the leatt with no mod's? The back of the leatt fits right dwon into the spine protector on the flak jacket.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k161/d6quads/michael41.jpg

AtvMxRider
08-20-2007, 06:21 PM
Leatte all the way. Best thing I ever bought