PDA

View Full Version : 01 440ex wont go into neutral

Jerzey 440ex
08-19-2007, 11:17 PM
Heyy, Guys

Well i went on some trails yesterday and the quad was fine, after we went through some deep creeks, about air box high and i finished riding, and my quad wouldn't go into neutral, well its does but it wont say its in neutral and light wont go on.
Now when i try to start it i need to hold the cluth similar to if i was in gear even though i am in neutral because when i let of the clutch i am in neutal. Has Anyone ever had this problem.

Thanks also does anyone have a set of stock front wheels they are willing to let go cheap, i bent one on the trail from a huge rock,

Anthony

EX LONERIDER
08-19-2007, 11:51 PM
ok, your post is a bit hard to follow but, here's what i am to understand, so correct me if im wrong.

you can shift INTO neutral but your light wont go on correct?

meaning that even if you are IN neutral, the light does not show you are in neutral?

and when you go to start your bike, it wont crank unless you pull in the clutch EVEN if you have it in neutral correct?

if this is correct, you are in neutral, and the bike wont start without pulling in the clutch first, i would check your neutral safety switch at the bottom to make sure it is connected. forging through water, you may have caught a stick or something that may have knocked your terminals loose off the plugs.

Jerzey 440ex
08-20-2007, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by EX LONERIDER
ok, your post is a bit hard to follow but, here's what i am to understand, so correct me if im wrong.

you can shift INTO neutral but your light wont go on correct?

meaning that even if you are IN neutral, the light does not show you are in neutral?

and when you go to start your bike, it wont crank unless you pull in the clutch EVEN if you have it in neutral correct?

if this is correct, you are in neutral, and the bike wont start without pulling in the clutch first, i would check your neutral safety switch at the bottom to make sure it is connected. forging through water, you may have caught a stick or something that may have knocked your terminals loose off the plugs.

this is correct now wheres the neutral saftey swith at?

EX LONERIDER
08-20-2007, 11:11 AM
its gonna be on the left hand side (sitting on your bike) right under the shifter. you should see it once you look at the shifter area.