PDA

View Full Version : Wilfire Quads

Broomer
08-19-2007, 11:08 PM
I'm looking for a small quad for my grand-daughter and I have seen some nice looking ones from Wildfire in Ohio. Their 150cc looks good and is priced reasonable for a Chinese model. Does anyone know which Chinese Mnfg. makes Wildfires bikes. Are they of decent quality for what they are? Has anyone dealt with the company? How is there service? Do they have a good parts inventory? Any experiences or comments would be greatly appreciated.

THANX, Broomer:)

bulldogfallon
08-19-2007, 11:18 PM
Chinese quads are not safe or reliable...suspension is generally ornamental at best

Broomer
08-20-2007, 01:13 AM
Thanx for your input Gary. Does anyone have any input on Wildfire?

WOLFPACK
08-20-2007, 01:24 AM
Never even heard of this company.

bulldogfallon
08-20-2007, 04:21 AM
The quads they are selling are the std Chinese quad...

All the same with a different name tag on them...

PM me and I can give you some info where you may find out more info on them

This forum is generally more race focused

etondaddy
08-20-2007, 09:58 AM
Please just don’t do it you’ll be sorry !!!!!!!!!!! go with something like E-Ton, Kasea, DRR, Kawasaki, Honda, Suzuki, you get the idea………….. it all depends on what type of riding you plan on doing. Just please do your home work and don’t buy on price alone.

Mike Kozura

kenjolly
08-20-2007, 02:32 PM
wildfiremotors.com if that 1299.00 is what price you are looking at for another 500.00 800.00 you can buy a much safer quad.you first need to figure out what kind of riding you are going to do. post that info and we can point you in the right direction. but please dont buy that unsafe,cant find parts,cheap piece of (&^&%

jetski_dawg
08-20-2007, 03:36 PM
i bought a raptor 90 clone that was chinese built so my daughter could trail ride with me.. it was always breaking down but the final straw was the rear brake shoes. the glue that holds the pads to the metal,came apart leaving her with NO brakes!.. i had a hell of a time finding replacement shoes and when i did, i put them on and put the quad for-sale losing half of what i paid for it... buy a good used name brand for the same amount..

humboldt hills
09-07-2007, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Broomer
I'm looking for a small quad for my grand-daughter and I have seen some nice looking ones from Wildfire in Ohio. Their 150cc looks good and is priced reasonable for a Chinese model. Does anyone know which Chinese Mnfg. makes Wildfires bikes. Are they of decent quality for what they are? Has anyone dealt with the company? How is there service? Do they have a good parts inventory? Any experiences or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Buyer beware.....
If its too good to be true....it probably is a piece of junk from china.

Here is the best scenario I can give you, and this is true 99% of the time.

Mom and Dad want to get kids into riding
Mom and Dad see great deal on china quad and think "maybe we should buy this first, since it is cheap to see if the kids are going to stick with it.
Mom and Dad buy china Junk
Kid goes out for first ride and bike breaks.
Mom and Dad can't find parts.
Dealer says he can't get parts either.
Mom and Dad luck out and come accross someone with the part
kid finally gets to ride but, because the atv is so narrow and doesn't have any brakes they crash and never ride again.
Mom and Dad realize they should've saved their money and bought something dependable, but now they don't have enough money and can't sell the china junk, because it won't run.
Mom and Dad wait a few years and have the money to buy a real atv for there kids.
Kids say they would rather keep playing video games because they don't hurt as bad.
Kids grow up eating doritos and candy bars.
the rest is history.

Alright maybe 98% true then
hahaha

wvspeedfreak
09-08-2007, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by humboldt hills
Buyer beware.....
If its too good to be true....it probably is a piece of junk from china.

Here is the best scenario I can give you, and this is true 99% of the time.

Mom and Dad want to get kids into riding
Mom and Dad see great deal on china quad and think "maybe we should buy this first, since it is cheap to see if the kids are going to stick with it.
Mom and Dad buy china Junk
Kid goes out for first ride and bike breaks.
Mom and Dad can't find parts.
Dealer says he can't get parts either.
Mom and Dad luck out and come accross someone with the part
kid finally gets to ride but, because the atv is so narrow and doesn't have any brakes they crash and never ride again.
Mom and Dad realize they should've saved their money and bought something dependable, but now they don't have enough money and can't sell the china junk, because it won't run.
Mom and Dad wait a few years and have the money to buy a real atv for there kids.
Kids say they would rather keep playing video games because they don't hurt as bad.
Kids grow up eating doritos and candy bars.
the rest is history.

Alright maybe 98% true then
hahaha

^^^^That is funny and probably true^^^^

Like the others have said,stay away from the China stuff.It is definately cheaper in the long run to just buy a decent quality quad to start with.

renae
09-13-2007, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by Broomer

We had 2 of them and let me tell you stay away . They are nothing but crap. They say they have the parts ya right you call to get something and you get well I think that part has been discontinued. or you get I will have to go look and see if I can find that and call you back and you never hear from them. That is if you can get someone to actually answer the phone. We had ours less than a year and sold them and bought 2 quads you can get parts for. Sorry for the rant but we had many many problems with these quads and hate to see anyone else have the same headaches.

QuadJunkies
09-16-2007, 09:28 PM
And theres ^^ your proof..
Stick with the brands that are well known and companies that stand up to there products and have a good safety record.
These are small children that ride them ,so safety is and durability is #1.