PDA

View Full Version : Gettin into Mx...

Titanium
08-19-2007, 10:40 PM
Me and my friend were goin to start racing MX at a local track until we found out recently they banned quads. Is there a series in Kansas that we could get into? Also does anybody have any suggestions on how to get started? I jus ordered and nMotion exhaust and AC nerfs. What else would you guys suggest? I've never raced MX before.

73watermutt
08-20-2007, 08:03 AM
You will need a tether kill switch as well to race. I don't know about where to race though. No tracks around me alow quads on the track either. They are missing a large segment of people and money by overlooking quads. I race a bike as well so I can always go to the track but it would be nice to take my 426ex with me too.

TWISTED DINLI
08-20-2007, 08:36 AM
yea u will need tether kill switch. i dont know if u have them but u should prolly buy a good pair of boots.(i have sidi. there awesome. expincives but definatly worth the $$$$) probly a chest protector and googles.

and probly some good mx tires if u dont already have them. thats about it to get started.

Titanium
08-20-2007, 03:28 PM
yea i've had a pair of Alpinestar Tech 8's for about a little over 6 months there some comfy boots. I've got all the equipment chest protector goggles and jersey's and such. I've been into freestyle quite a bit but i wanna try racin. Were gonna start takin footage of us doin freestyle here pretty soon too.

416exfreak
08-20-2007, 07:00 PM
Just get some good rear tires...if yours arent to worn down then they will work fine.

Also adjust your suspension...its gonna be totally differnt from freestyele, and also know your limits.things can go wrong on a MX track very quickly if your not careful.

Good luck...and welcome to your new addiction if you like it.:p