PDA

View Full Version : magura hydro clutch!

j450rking
08-19-2007, 09:08 PM
i just got a used magura hydro clutch and it is awsome! i have hd clutch springs and i can pull the clutch in with one finger!

i strongly recamend this clutch to anyone with any setup

JOEX
08-19-2007, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by j450rking
i just got a used magura hydro clutch and it is awsome! i have hd clutch springs and i can pull the clutch in with one finger!

i strongly recamend this clutch to anyone with any setup
I'll second that:cool:

It may be spendy but if you can afford it get it;)

j450rking
08-19-2007, 09:31 PM
it's not bad if you can get one used. i got mine for half the price of new witch is $200 ! off ebay

JOEX
08-19-2007, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by j450rking
it's not bad if you can get one used. i got mine for half the price of new witch is $200 ! off ebay
Same here:D Not off Ebay though;)

j450rking
08-19-2007, 09:41 PM
i know some people have had trouble on ebay but i never have. i think the best way to buy on ebay is to only buy from sellers that have at least 98% good feedback and nothing less. and at least 20 feedback too then you should be ok. and i never think twice to ask questions and if they don't give you a good answer or not at all then don't buy from them b/c they most likely don't have vary good parts

imo

spec
08-22-2007, 11:55 AM
I have a few questions about it. First off how hard/easy is it to install? And second does it make that much of a difference in clutch pull compared to a stock cable clutch? The reason I ask is my girlfriend will be using my 440 once I get it rebuilt and she was lookin at it the other day and said something about how hard it is for her to pull the clutch in. If it makes that much of a difference I would think about getting it for the 400 for her but just wanted to ask a few questions first.

Kaleigh
08-22-2007, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by spec
I have a few questions about it. First off how hard/easy is it to install? And second does it make that much of a difference in clutch pull compared to a stock cable clutch? The reason I ask is my girlfriend will be using my 440 once I get it rebuilt and she was lookin at it the other day and said something about how hard it is for her to pull the clutch in. If it makes that much of a difference I would think about getting it for the 400 for her but just wanted to ask a few questions first.

its easy to instal.. can be done in 15mins no prob.. yes it makes a big difference.. clutch feels like a hot knife through butter..

Scro
08-22-2007, 01:06 PM
Does it ever need bleeding? If it does, would you do just as you do the brakes with a bleeder valve?

GOTFEAR
08-22-2007, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Scro
Does it ever need bleeding? If it does, would you do just as you do the brakes with a bleeder valve? well bleding is a little diferent fill with fluid and break the line lose at the end and pull shaft all the way out and let it drip bleed over night close the line up and pull the shaft in and out ....

Kaleigh
08-22-2007, 11:26 PM
Does it ever need bleeding? If it does, would you do just as you do the brakes with a bleeder valve?

mine came ready to out of the box.. no need to add or take out fluid..

j450rking
08-23-2007, 06:13 AM
yeah they come so you can just bolt them on and it is as easy as puting on a clutch perch and cable. and like i said it is like one third the pull from what it was before

NacsMXer
08-23-2007, 02:34 PM
Love my Maggy Hydro clutch! So smooth and doesn't wear you out at all. I too, have the HD clutch springs and I can ride all day without getting tired. Found it on ebay new for $149....worth every penny if you got the coin. Once you ride with one you'll kick yourself for riding with that old cable setup for so long :p

Scro
08-27-2007, 10:54 AM
Also, is there a way to adjust it? I like my clutch be as close to the bars as possible, since I'm a little fella with little hands (yes, go ahead and get the jokes out of the way). :p

NacsMXer
08-27-2007, 11:08 AM
Also, is there a way to adjust it? I like my clutch be as close to the bars as possible, since I'm a little fella with little hands (yes, go ahead and get the jokes out of the way). :p

Yes, on the backside of the lever near the fluid reservoir there is a small red knob. Turning it in brings the lever closer to the bars, turning it out does the opposite. I like to use this feature to adjust the point at which the clutch engages when you let the lever out.

Scro
08-27-2007, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by NacsMXer
I like to use this feature to adjust the point at which the clutch engages when you let the lever out.

Thanks, that's what I was trying to say.

400exrapes
08-28-2007, 04:12 PM
I have asv levers, and my clutch is very hard to pull in, what can i do aslong as were talking about clutch levers.

NacsMXer
08-28-2007, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by 400exrapes
I have asv levers, and my clutch is very hard to pull in, what can i do aslong as were talking about clutch levers.

Get a Magura! :blah:

Shoot some silicone spray through your clutch cable to start off. If that works for a little while then it gets stiff again your cable may be worn out. Also the possibility of your clutch basket being worn/grooved as this contributes to a hard clutch pull.

08-28-2007, 05:11 PM
my clutch is really touchy and that how i like it, you can shift really fast and easy

400exrapes
08-28-2007, 09:34 PM
no i just got a new cable, wait a I might need a new clutch basket? I've seen aftermarket baskets whats the advantage? and what do I spray in there?

j450rking
08-29-2007, 07:32 AM
well as far as i know after market clutch baskets are stronger but i don't know that thye make anything work better

as for the clutch cable get a cable luber and some chain wax

NacsMXer
08-29-2007, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by 400exrapes
no i just got a new cable, wait a I might need a new clutch basket? I've seen aftermarket baskets whats the advantage? and what do I spray in there?

I was saying your basket may or may not be worn. The fingers of the stock basket develop grooves as the clutch plates wear into it over time. Every time you pull in your clutch, the plates have to slide over this grooved surface instead of a nice smooth one...tougher clutch pull.

Aftermarket baskets are usually more resilient to this grooving and hold up longer. Tough to tell the condition of your basket without actually looking at it.

I would start out lubing the cable to eliminate possibilities. I can tell you that I had a brand new throttle cable on my FCR 39 for a while...never thought to lube it. I shot some ordinary silicone spray through it......night and day difference how smooth and snappy it became.

I would start out there and see how it works before looking at other possibilities.

korniev
10-11-2007, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by Kaleigh
its easy to instal.. clutch feels like a hot knife through butter..

WOW VERY WELL SAID!!!!!