PDA

View Full Version : 450r carb install on 400ex

YOUGOFIRST
08-19-2007, 08:31 PM
So Im trying to squeeze more power outta my ride and i found a 450r carb really cheap the trouble im having is this... The intake tube running from the airbox to the carb is coming up short i loosened the airbox hardware and slid it forward but it still is making me nervous...My questions is this Would it be better to remove the airbox and run just a pipe with a filter attached or is there a better way..By the way I never ride anywhere near water and i would probably fabricate somekind of sheild to protect the filter, thanks for helping a newbie out.

project400ex19
08-19-2007, 08:41 PM
I don't mean to be a prick but there is 3 stickys about 450 carbs. anyways to answer your question. From the information i read in the "sticky" posts. You have to move your airbox forward. I would proabably just make a bracket to move it back. I've heard about 1/4 to 1/2 inch forward is all it needs. Hope this helps.

j450rking
08-19-2007, 08:59 PM
read the sticky it has all the info you will need and then sum

dariusld
08-20-2007, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by YOUGOFIRST
So Im trying to squeeze more power outta my ride and i found a 450r carb really cheap the trouble im having is this... The intake tube running from the airbox to the carb is coming up short i loosened the airbox hardware and slid it forward but it still is making me nervous...My questions is this Would it be better to remove the airbox and run just a pipe with a filter attached or is there a better way..By the way I never ride anywhere near water and i would probably fabricate somekind of sheild to protect the filter, thanks for helping a newbie out.

Some people do this mod just for more air to the carb. You have two excuses to get rid of the air box, more air and making your carb install easier. I want to get rid of my air box, but I ride in sand and afraid of it being caked in sand all the time. It gets covered in sand as it is. There are threads about getting rid of your air box. I would do it if I was you. And if you don't like it, just put it back.

YOUGOFIRST
08-20-2007, 07:02 PM
thanks to all that helped out