PDA

View Full Version : Rockhouse.. Are you ready ??

gump
08-19-2007, 07:28 PM
well i lied.. yes i'm in atlanta but i did find internet access !! :D
so after this long arse break are yall ready to go racing !! i know i am but i don't have a quad so i'm gonna try it on the bike.. i'll be starting last and just trying to finish.. so keep yalls smart arse mouths shut about how bad i suck "not that yall kept it quiet about me sucking on a quad".. with that being said, let's get it on !!!!!!!!!!!!:macho

gump
08-23-2007, 06:32 PM
it's raining here.. just alittle but it's rain and i'm about 15 miles from rockhouse.. hopefully they will get a little rain also and help keep the dust down...

grp4dirt
10-03-2007, 08:43 AM
You might as well Recycle this thread since no one used it but you last time Gump..
I have been on line looking for some dust proof goggles for the next two races.. I hear that they work like night vision goggles.. when it is dusty you can see clear as a bell .. only cost $1900.00 a pair..
Ready for the rock house.. Lots of dust , some rocks, roots and some more dust... Sounds like fun..

cook65xc
10-04-2007, 07:36 PM
hey gump how much rain yall get up that way

gump
10-04-2007, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by cook65xc
hey gump how much rain yall get up that way still showers off and on, has rained good a few times, radar shows more coming... and i'm just 25 mins from rock house... :D

cook65xc
10-04-2007, 07:51 PM
sounds good:D

gump
10-04-2007, 08:10 PM
guess i'm riding my bike for this one.. no one is offering a ride other than stockers, and you know they can't take the abuse that i put on one !!!! :D

yamahabluebruin
10-05-2007, 04:36 AM
Keep us updated on the rain report gump. Thanks

gump
10-05-2007, 07:27 PM
i think we got enough rain to where it won't be a dust bowl.. woods should be perfect but the fields may get a little dusty by the end of the day. won't be like the last race for sure... :D

gump
10-06-2007, 06:59 PM
hey kenny gwynn, i'm riding my bike if i even race tomorrow. now you have to ask yourself did i beat gump in the points or did he give it to me.. ?? i know the answer... :D

cook65xc
10-06-2007, 07:47 PM
Hey guys check out my new toy. 2006 megacab diesel:D

gump
10-06-2007, 09:07 PM
Hey guys check out my new toy. 2006 megacab diesel:D you can't hide money !!!
nice ride.... :macho

JoHn YeLtOn
10-06-2007, 09:13 PM
I like the wheels PJ....what kind are they? Prolly look good on my toyota.....

cook65xc
10-06-2007, 11:06 PM
KMC HD wheels,xterrian tires which holler like crazy,not a lot of money here gump,just a lot of bills:D Iam going to try and race tomorrow also:huh

cook65xc
10-07-2007, 06:28 PM
started last,hit tre, hurt wrist,loaded up,went home,what a wuss ive turned into:mad: :mad: :mad: :D

gump
10-07-2007, 07:03 PM
well i didn't want to say anything, but now that you've admitted it, you got the hard part over with... :D

i waited untill 1/4 mile left in the race to hit a tree and hurt my wrist, i either broke it or knocked the screw i allready have in it a couple of threads out.... :mad:
i thinks it's just really sore, i hope...

outlaw450r
10-07-2007, 08:40 PM
I'd like to shout out a get well and quick recovery for Robby East. He broke both bones in his leg at the race today. He's having surgery tommorow at Babtist hospital in Winston Salem to repair the bones.
GET WELL SOON!!!!!!!

outlaw450r
10-07-2007, 08:42 PM
And also congrats to Kenny Gwyn and Jonathan Waddell on their first mideast wins.

gumpsbrother
10-08-2007, 04:33 AM
Saw Gary byson take a bad spill on the motorcross track hope he is ok to it was baaaad.:eek2:

yamahabluebruin
10-08-2007, 04:40 AM
Gump are you ok from flipping on that big hill climb? I was worried because it flipped backwards a lot. I hope your ok.

KENNY HEMMINGS
10-08-2007, 05:26 AM
Originally posted by outlaw450r
I'd like to shout out a get well and quick recovery for Robby East. He broke both bones in his leg at the race today. He's having surgery tommorow at Babtist hospital in Winston Salem to repair the bones.
GET WELL SOON!!!!!!!

:confused: What happened to Robbie??, where did he crash at?
on the track

grp4dirt
10-08-2007, 07:20 AM
I guess the truth is out gump.. Both of us riding stock Quads and I barely edged you out for the win.. I think it was only 13:35 or something like that.. I was worried that youmight catch me when I had to stop and fix a flat.. and had a sandwich.. but I am happy you finally got to see a checker flagg again..

grp4dirt
10-08-2007, 07:22 AM
Angela was wanting me to ask you what it felt like to be passed by a girl? Did she finish in front of you? Man she can realy ride...

gump
10-08-2007, 07:45 AM
i'll swollow my pride and admit you were the better rider kenny.. congrats.. i took a bad line early and angela got by me, and yes she was really moving.. the flipping on the hill took the fight out of me, i just took it easy after that so i could finish.. gotta fix my sons quad again... that's it.. i can't afford to keep fixing quads, so it's bikes from here on out.. you da man kenny !!!

i'm ok jordan other than being extremly sore, and my wrist hurts pretty bad after hitting a tree at the end.. i'll survive..

jenna400ex
10-08-2007, 09:47 AM
Congrats Kenny! I hope Robby gets his leg fixed all up! I still have his gas jug!! Yeah I think Angela has been eatin' her darn Wheaties:D
I hate I missed yesterday but I just have a lot going on here. Just found out that my grandmother has cancer. I will be taking care of her so I have a lot of things to get in line before she has her surgery. Hope to make it to Airport!! Miss you all! We should all get a ride together!

angelon400ex
10-08-2007, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by grp4dirt
Angela was wanting me to ask you what it felt like to be passed by a girl? Did she finish in front of you? Man she can realy ride...

Kenny, UR a mess! Congrats on the win! Gump, you know I wouldn't be talking junk about you! ;) And Gump knows he will always be a legend in our book :D As God is my witness one of the racer's wives had heard so much about him she asked me to point him and Brooks out so she would know who they are :D

Jenna we missed you! and I am very sorry to hear about your grandmother but I know she will get the best care with you!!!!!

Hate to hear about the injuries and hope everyone heals quick and heals well.

Congrats to my hubby on a great race and huge thanks for all the support he gives me! He works very hard on and off the track...never known a harder working man!!!!

Congrats to Jordan on a great race and just one away from wrapping up the championship!!! I can say he puts everything into a race no matter who he is on the line with!!! (lesson learned: CanAm roost hurts lol :D )

angelon400ex
10-08-2007, 01:13 PM
started last,hit tre, hurt wrist,loaded up,went home,what a wuss ive turned into:mad: :mad: :mad: :D

I was glad to see you coming down to the start PJ! Hate you had an encounter with a tree. I think you were moving on to have not raced in a while and the heat....who would believe this is fall? Hope you come back for 2008....I hate seeing Mideast quad numbers dropping...it is like losing family members :(

yamahabluebruin
10-08-2007, 01:44 PM
Jenna I will be praying for you and your family. Gump I am glad you are ok. Good job to you also Angela. You went by me like i wasn't nothing. Sorry I roosted you so bad. lol

grp4dirt
10-08-2007, 02:07 PM
Gump You are a good man, I don't care what everyone else says..
Robby is doing good.. he will be limping for a while.. But I think they got him back in one peace with a rod in the big bone and a couple of plates on the other..
He crashed coming out of the woods at the parking lot.. Across from the Regestration trailer.. Crashed all alone while leading.. Trying to put some ground between hin and the guy in 2nd.. He said he Ziggged when he should have Zagged..
He should be home tomarrow.. We all hope he recovers soon..

Thanks Jenna and Angela for the kind words.. Great racing with you all... Gump too.. Maybe we can all go on a big ride this fall.. We can put Robby in a little red wagin and pull him along behind..

grp4dirt
10-08-2007, 02:12 PM
Sorry to hear about your G'maw.. Hope all goes well ..I know she is in good hands with you looking after her..

BROOKS
10-08-2007, 02:12 PM
A few photos of interest for you guys.

BROOKS
10-08-2007, 02:13 PM
Angela

BROOKS
10-08-2007, 02:17 PM
Jenna

yamahabluebruin
10-08-2007, 03:36 PM
Thanks for pic's of me. I look good right there even if it is me. Thats at Yadkinville too aint it?

400exyzkiller
10-08-2007, 03:42 PM
I talked to bryson before he left the track and he said his shoulder maybe dislocated.

grp4dirt
10-10-2007, 09:25 AM
Well they are keeping Robbie a few days..
He is Getting some more surgery on Thursday.. But he seems ok.. He is ready to get out of there.
Our other buddy from Reidsville, That was riding in the unlimited sportsman class, Jeremy, Tried to push over a tree and the tree won.. He tore his bicep muscle from his elbow When the 4wheeler fliped over on top of him. He had some surgery at Moses Cone on Wednesday.. I hope all is well with him also..
You'all be careful.. both of these crashes were freak acidents, It could happen to any of us at any time .. Take a little extra time and get home safe.. We are all doing this for fun..

angelon400ex
10-10-2007, 09:35 AM
Thanks for the update Kenny. I bet Robbie is hating being holed up in there. Hate to hear about the guy with the torn bicep too. That sounds painful!
You are right about being careful. I believe we are doing an extreme sport and I don't know of any extreme sport that doesn't involve danger and risk. I hate that our sport gets such a bad name when there are injuries because you wouldn't hear people bashing rock climbing because climbers are killed and injured every year or skydiving for the same reason. And unless people do it they don't realize what it takes to get out there and do what we do and sometimes it is just freak accidents. I pray that our last race of the season will be injury free and fun for everyone. And cooler temps and moist soil would be nice too :D

Get well Robbie and Jeremy!!!!