PDA

View Full Version : need easy power

walkawheelie
08-19-2007, 04:34 PM
my 07 400 is about 2 months old and i am looking for more power i have a white brothers xcr slip on with a 155 main jet, it pulls way better than stock but i want more. I dont really wanna go internal but as far as bolt on's what would be the best. thanks

trx400EXtreme
08-19-2007, 04:49 PM
get a k&n filter and outerwear and take ur air box lid off.

XXXRACER165
08-19-2007, 05:53 PM
There are not many bolt-ons for the EX that gives you outstanding power. You have to go inside the motor to get the boost. Throw in a cam to gain something noticable

tanner 222
08-19-2007, 06:29 PM
ya defiantly get a cam. that will help a ton. or just save your money and get a 450 if you want some serious power. i just bought an '07 a couple of months ago and im selling mine right now to get a 450 cuz it doesn't matter how much you do to them you cant get the power the 450's have.

project400ex19
08-19-2007, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by walkawheelie
my 07 400 is about 2 months old and i am looking for more power i have a white brothers xcr slip on with a 155 main jet, it pulls way better than stock but i want more. I dont really wanna go internal but as far as bolt on's what would be the best. thanks

Try more of the right thumb, that's the cheapest. lol From what i've heard from mechanics and forum members a new carb is the biggest wake up call for a 400ex. Sounds like if you want the cheapest find yourself a 450R carb. Get yourself an aftermarket filter, don't bother with taking the lid off, you will not really notice a difference except for a air filter that gets dirty faster. If you want to do a lid mod then get yourself a K&N filter lid, don't bother getting a K&N filter, just get a foam, its cheaper and flows just as much air. make sure you have decent tires so you can actually use the power you have. you can have all the power in the world but if you are running slicks on dirt what's the point? Also you can try dropping a tooth on your front sprocket and this will give you more low end, or go bigger front sprocket for more top end, vise versa for the rear end. This made me faster on a track because of less shifting.