PDA

View Full Version : Championships bad for Honda?

hsr
08-19-2007, 02:20 PM
With Joe Byrd wrapping up the ama pro atv championship, and Natalie looks to be on his way to wrapping up the WPSA championship, it just doesn't seem good for the consumer that Honda is capturing both titles while putting the least amount of effort or support into it's riders. Now granted Honda builds an awesome bike, but it seems as if they could care less to bring a truck out to the races or step up and give guys like lawson , natalie, byrd etc.. the factory support like the suzuki and kawi guys do. Honda is probably wondering why even bother updating our product if it can win 2 natl. championships the way it is now? These racers work to hard, and I believe that there is no reason why there shouldn't be a big red truck in the pro pits! :o

jesseweaver
08-19-2007, 02:24 PM
I think honda will have a factory team next year.

08-19-2007, 02:44 PM
Because honda is stuck up the dirtbike worlds ***.

rollie
08-19-2007, 02:47 PM
Its just proof that the honda is built to win, they dont need to update it every year, honestly i don't think they need to change anything, maybe make it wider but that could be said for any bike.

trick450r
08-19-2007, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by rollie
Its just proof that the honda is built to win, they dont need to update it every year, honestly i don't think they need to change anything, maybe make it wider but that could be said for any bike.

that not what this is about rollster, its about why honda cant step the hell up and get some red trucks for the pro quad guys

rollie
08-19-2007, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by trick450r
that not what this is about rollster, its about why honda cant step the hell up and get some red trucks for the pro quad guys

true, they'll get into it eventually i would hope

hsr
08-19-2007, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by trick450r

Exactly, you can't tell me that their multi-billion dollar budget can't afford a semi and a couple of mechanics. And plus the more effort a factory puts into a race team, the better the bikes get, and the cheaper it is for the average joe to compete. Just look at suzukis approach to the whole racing thing. Just imagine what honda type of powerhouse team and bike honda could have if they really cared..

416exfreak
08-19-2007, 03:18 PM
Honda doesnt want the average joe to compete, they want thier stars like Natalie, Byrd, Lawson, ect. uot there showing everyone up.

Honda is stuck up the dirtbike world's ***, and the sooner they realize that, the sooner they might actually help out Quad riders.
Until then, im gonna continue to give Yamaha, Suzuki and Kawasaki props for helping thier guys out.:ermm:

450raider
08-19-2007, 04:06 PM
well first i give kawi huge props for what all theyve accomplished on their own, i thought they were gonna tank when they broke ties with zuke but i was wrong. zuke and yami takes good care of their people too (i kinda feel sorry for the yami guys, look what they have to ride, but thats another story) honda could take care of their guys and consumers in ways others cant if they wanted but thats just it "IF" they wanted but instead they would rather give the bike guys everything, honda gets pretty much the best praise for everything and while they do have some of the best machines you can buy, theyre consumer care sucks all youve got is rich japanese guys in suits with their fingers in each others a**** doin whatever they want because theres always gonna be people out there that will buy stuff just because it has a honda sticker on it and learn to love it.

Mc. Muffin
08-19-2007, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by 450raider
(i kinda feel sorry for the yami guys, look what they have to ride, but thats another story)
:huh

trx400EXtreme
08-19-2007, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by jesseweaver
I think honda will have a factory team next year.

i hope so......

Sjorge450R
08-19-2007, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Mc. Muffin
:huh

A yammy rider would make that face.....lol:o

if you go to a GNCC race you would think that Chris Borich is part of honda. Huge *** hauler with two story quad storing capibilities. Then to top it off, i nice International pulling it.

I look it this way. Honda is probaly seeing borich living like that and is saying "why do we need to help him out when he's already helping us out enough"

Just my thought. i would love too see a honda truck pull up at a race tho.

quad2xtreme
08-19-2007, 08:12 PM
Isn't the rumor that neither Natalie nor Borich will be on Honda rides next year?

LTR450_#67
08-19-2007, 08:20 PM
Whats sad is that both Natalie and Byrd are running 05s.

csr250r
08-19-2007, 08:42 PM
Im looking forward to the can ams i think that they are gona bring it to the japanese brands, ktm and polaris also lookin good.

Warnerade
08-19-2007, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by LTR450_#67
Whats sad is that both Natalie and Byrd are running 05s. why is that sad? the motors rip compared to the 06 and 07's.

cr977
08-19-2007, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by z400rider08
Because honda is stuck up the dirtbike worlds ***.

hmmm, honda has not made any major changes in any atvs or dirt bikes in about 2 years, they only released one model, and got rid of 4, all in 2 years.....mabe they are up to something:rolleyes:

LTR450_#67
08-19-2007, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
why is that sad? the motors rip compared to the 06 and 07's.

Yeah I know they rip more. I'm just sayin that cuz Honda should have stuck with it instead of changing it. I know a lot of guys that have the 06+ Rs and wish they never got rid of their 04-05s. Byrd ran good with his 06 last season until someone caught on that it wasn't running a stock head.....

Back to the subject......Honda has some very talented riders. I still can't believe they didn't get Wienen sometimes. I mean I am glad he is on the LTR but I loved his black Honda. Natalie pretty much has the championship in the bag unless he hurts himself in practice and doesn't race or has a bad race. That's Wimmers only chance.

Aaron