PDA

View Full Version : sponsorship resume?

kicker696
10-27-2002, 09:09 PM
do any of you have a sponsor resume of yours that you could send to me so i could see the form, or way to set it up? thanks just PM them to me if you have one

chavez
10-28-2002, 05:00 AM
this is from www.imsproducts.com
Well here it is, another year has gone by and here you are writing your 2001 resume in hopes of the best sponsorship possible. You are probably reflecting on you're 2000 season and all of your great finishes and accomplishments, or maybe your thinking of how your 2000 season should have gone.
Well don't stay up all night long digging out all your old "Cycle News" clippings, counting all your trophies, and finisher pins. Don't sweat the cost involved with one of the numerous resume writing companies. Welcome to Resume Writing 101, or at least Jason's quick and effective resume writing. Being one of the people who will be receiving your resume here is my input on making a resume that works.

Most importantly keep it short and simple. Keep in mind the reps. that are going to be reading these resumes receive hundreds every year. Everything from single page hand written "complete with spelling errors I might add" resumes, to full videos put to music. Yes they are very impressive but keep in mind its content that counts. So here are my 5 easy steps to making you're 2001 resume.

Biography
Start with the basics, name, age, address, bike, class you ride in and important people that help you with your race program (i.e. mother, father, girlfriend, etc.) Remember they are your biggest sponsors.

Itinerary
Put together your schedule for the upcoming year. List the different series you plan on racing. Even if it's only local events. "Very Important."

Existing Sponsors
This is also very important. Keep in mind most reps. and team managers from all the various companies you so eagerly want to back you, talk to each other all the time. We see each other at the numerous events that we frequent, everything from the Annual Dealer Show in Indy, all the way to just working the local races. We talk to each other about our biggest and best names (of course), but we also discuss the one to watch out for. (Remember the Bradshaw era). Simply put, "don't burn down any bridges." Even if you and a sponsor need to part ways do it tactfully. You may need that sponsor again some day down the road.

Photos
This is the fun part for reps. A couple of shots is all that's necessary, but make sure to include an action photo or two. A shot of you're trailer or box van. (Do I see IMS anywhere?) and finally a head shot of yourself no helmet. Keep in mind we sponsored over 2,000 riders in 2000. This helps me to remember you and put a face to your name.

The Hook
This is probably the most difficult part of Resume Writing 101. Give me a paragraph or two on what you can do for IMS. We already know what we can do for you. What singles you out from the other applicants? Sell yourself to me. Cover things like you're attitude, professionalism, commitment and sportsmanship. You get the idea. Sell yourself to me.

2001 is just around the corner. Most companies start accepting resumes between September and close February or March. So whether you choose to write it yourself, pay somebody to write it for you or hire a complete Hollywood film crew, just remember "keep it brief" and have fun with it. Remember its only racing and as long as your having fun you've already won.
Good luck in 2001,
see you at the races.

Jason Smigel

YLW400
10-28-2002, 06:12 AM
So I would assume that its virtually impossible to get a sponsor for a first season of racing???

chavez
10-28-2002, 06:23 AM
as a first year racer i had 15 sponsors well rider support there is a diffence sponsors pay $ and support gives you % help first year you can get from 10% off product to 40% sometimes even more but now its the time to do it because the windows of oppritunity will be closing here in the next week or so

mxracer89
10-28-2002, 06:46 AM
y is that the windows of opertunity closeing

chavez
10-28-2002, 06:51 AM
because most companys only accept resumes for a month or two sept-nov its first come first serve im looking at my klotz sponsorship right now and nov 1 is the last daY they accept

ChadEXer
10-28-2002, 08:36 AM
Companies will also focus on your "plans" for racing. Give them a good idea of what you plan to race in the future and they will consider you! I have heard from 3 of the companies that Ive sent my resume to that they really like my resume!!! As you can see I have a few sponsors and I am just a "drag racer" but i do occasionally race TT and plan to race the TX MX events next year!! Makeing an awesome resume is whats helped me most! It has everything in it that a company wants to hear(no lies!!) and its not too long!!

QuadTrix6
10-28-2002, 11:59 AM
thanks for the info chavez

mxracer89
10-28-2002, 06:34 PM
i have started on my resumne how does it look. i dont have the pics or my race schedule yet so dont count that agints me and i dont have my name and address on her

My name is and my age is . I have already raced MX this season and I am going to racing more next season . I have a Honda 440ex (shown in the pictures I have gave you) and race in the quad B class at my local track called, Lincoln Trail Motosports at Casey, IL. My only sponsors right now are my mom and dad who help me out at the track and support me with products that I need. They also cheer me on when I am racing. Hopefully I can add you as my sponsor to .
Here is the my race schedule that I will be following for 2003, and if you supply me with money I will go to other ATV nationals also.

I have put in this letter a couple pictures of me, my quad and couple shots of me racing. So you can get a idea of what I look like and what all I have on my quad. Hope you like it.
I am willing to do anything for you so that you will sponsor me. I will put your name on the left and right side of gas tank, and any other part of the quad you would like me to put your name on. I will put up banners, hand out a card with your name, number, website, address to people and tell them that you are a good person to deal with (witch you are) and that you can’t go wrong with you and your products.
So if you will give me a shot, so that I can prove to you that I am a good person to work with and show you that I can promote you as much as I can that you will be glad you joined BAM racing Thanks for taking your time in reading my letter and looking at what I have to offer you. Here is how you an contact me. phone

here are some pics of my quad

mxracer89
10-28-2002, 06:35 PM
another

mxracer89
10-28-2002, 06:37 PM
so what do you guys think. do i need to add enny thing to it and yes i will get thoes grammer errers fixed so dont worry about those

Sparks425Ex
10-28-2002, 07:02 PM
Take out the hole pish posh stuff about how you will do anything for them to sponser you and putting stickers here and there. They now that if they give you stickers you will put them on. JMO

Mity Mo
10-28-2002, 07:20 PM
Where are u from in IL? Just wondering if u ever raced anywhere else? And are you staying in B or moving to the A class? Mo:confused:

10-28-2002, 07:40 PM
You guys arent the only ones trying to get a lil spocership, im trying to get Skat-Trak into my project shee, i need some 25" 12-paddles hualers

mxracer89
10-28-2002, 07:49 PM
yes i am planning on moving up and yes i live in IL

Crypted1
10-28-2002, 08:15 PM
I am currently accepting resumes for sponsorships. Go here Full Throttle MX (http://www.fullthrottlemx.com)

warrior86
10-28-2002, 08:27 PM
crypted1, what do you offer in terms of "sponsership?"

chavez
10-28-2002, 08:33 PM
if you guys would like a resume form pm me with you email address and i will send you one

Crypted1
10-28-2002, 09:49 PM
I offer diferent types of sponsorships, depending on what the rider needs. email me your resume and a little summary of what you are currently looking for, and I'll help you out best I can.

ChadEXer
10-29-2002, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by EXracer8601
You guys arent the only ones trying to get a lil spocership, im trying to get Skat-Trak into my project shee, i need some 25" 12-paddles hualers Good luck with that!!! They are kinda tight!!!

ChadEXer
10-29-2002, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by mxracer89
so what do you guys think. do i need to add enny thing to it and yes i will get thoes grammer errers fixed so dont worry about those
Man im here to try to help you so dont take anything personal!! You need a lot of improvement on that!!! Its way to long, you left out all the important info and didnt inculde anything a company wants to hear!! If you send me a PM I will send you a copy of my resume so you can see it! Just remember, do not try to copy anything in it, or just change a few words,,,it is sponsor season right now and my resume is being sent to just about every ATV company out there,,,it would look funny with 2 guys having the same resume just worded a tad bit different!!

mxracer89
10-29-2002, 06:17 PM
ok thanks for telling me what you thought i am glad you told me the truth and i pm you for what you rote thanks agin on helping me

chavez
10-29-2002, 06:39 PM
ok here is a form that you can base your resume on this came from a company that is tied with 100 diffrent companies for support
1)rider name
2)rider address
3)parents name (if under 18)
4)riders date of birth
5)year and make of bike or bikes you plan to ride for the 03 season
6)what classes do you race
7)HOW many times a month do you race?
8)what major race series do you plan to attend in 03 season
9)list sponsors you had in 02
10)your overall race results for 02
11)if chosen by a company for 03 how will you represent the company and promote the product
12)pic of bike/racing/trailor/ but not to many
sorry i couldnt email the form to you my scanner broke hope this helps

mxracer89
10-30-2002, 08:54 PM
so what are most of you guys getting out of your sponcership. whos got the best deal

chavez
10-31-2002, 06:17 AM
TOP SECRET STUFF WHEN YOU DO SIGN A CONTRACT YOU ARE NOT TO REVEAL WHAT YOU GET OR YOU COULD LOSE YOUR SUPPORT!

chavez
10-31-2002, 06:22 AM
OH WHEN YOU ARE APPLING THINK OF WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO USE THE REASON BEING IF YOU GET SOMETHING AND ARE NOT GOING TO USE IT YOU TAKE THE SUPPORT FROM SOMEONE THAT COULD IF YOU WANT STICKERS CALL AND GET STICKERS THEY'LL GIVE THEM TO YOU. THE REASON I SAY THIS IS BECAUSE I HAD APLLIED FOR A CLEANING PRODUCT FROM A COMPANY AND GOT DENIED BECAUSE THERE WAS ALREADY SOMEONE IN MY AREA (ZIP) THAT HAD THE SUPPORT IT HAPPENED TO BE A BUDDY THAT DOESNT RACE ANYMORE

10-31-2002, 06:28 AM
Chavez what are the requirements needed to be part of the Latino race team....I think the name Rico fits right in..:devil

Clay
10-31-2002, 09:56 AM
This has helped me greatly in writing my resume. Thanks alot guys.

chavez
11-01-2002, 04:33 AM
RICO RICO RICO The latino racing team (Latino Heat) only requres you to be happy and drink lotsa cevasa do you think you fit this most respectable requirement for the latino race team

AtvMxRider
11-01-2002, 08:52 AM
chavez I pm'd you.

400exBro
12-23-2002, 11:32 AM
if it is your first season what do you put under pervois results???(placed in pervous races?)

this is my first year and didn't have any sponsers last year so do i put none under that category?? what about pervos races etc...???

thanks

Bro

Davids440ex
12-23-2002, 01:28 PM
go to my web site you can see how i got my resume set up http://www.440ex.cjb.net

400exBro
12-23-2002, 01:48 PM
David- see under were you have raced the pervous year and you put your results... I have not raced yet (except for practice ones at our local poker run were we are able to race against people in the pro class) so what should i put under that category.,,..,,. NONE,,,....,,..,.,.,.,,,.

thanks

Bro

Davids440ex
12-23-2002, 01:56 PM
umm. put some thing like first year racing are something. what i did with my resume was did a couple of races first then put some results down there. and i kept ading as i went a long.

Davids440ex
12-24-2002, 01:57 PM
400exbro don't leave last year sponsors blank put mom and dad

400exBro
12-26-2002, 07:06 AM
ya i did that
thanks for the help

Bro