PDA

View Full Version : DS450 Win frist Pro race

OutlawBill
08-19-2007, 05:29 AM
The the DS450 is in it first race this weekend in WORCS and Josh Frederick won the the Open Pro Sat race

twisted threads
08-19-2007, 06:34 PM
Josh Frederick won today in the Pro Main.

CannondaleRider
08-19-2007, 07:59 PM
Yep......Josh took the first place spot and Jeremy took third...with Doug in between them in second.

My teammate Tim Shelman got the holeshot, and lead Josh and Jeremy for almost two laps, Timmy had a few issues and lost some positions. Doug led for quite a few laps, before getting hung up on the logs(from what I've heard) which allowed Josh to get by. Tina(Quadjunkies) will be doing all the coverage, so you can get the whole scoop there....I'm far to tired to go into much more detail.

The Can-Ams ran well, not quite as well as I expected, but I was fairly impressed. The one thing that I was a bit worried about, was after the main, Josh's bike appeared to be toast. It was running, but smoking extremely bad. I would like to think that it was just do to a packed radiator(It was a ****hole track), but I guess we'll never know.

twisted threads
08-19-2007, 10:26 PM
CannondaleRider I also noticed that Josh's bike was blowing some smoke on the last lap. Man I think I seen you there....well there were only a few Cannondales there so im sure I did... :)

Punk'd
08-19-2007, 11:19 PM
I wonder what the smoke issue was all about:confused:

OutlawBill
08-20-2007, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by Punk'd
I wonder what the smoke issue was all about:confused:

It might have been mud in the radiator causing it too over heat

Punk'd
08-20-2007, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by OutlawBill
It might have been mud in the radiator causing it too over heat I hope that's all it is. Hopefully can-am re-designs that guard.

quadjeff
08-20-2007, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Punk'd
I hope that's all it is. Hopefully can-am re-designs that guard.

The bikes worked great.. Problem is 2 inches of rain, 3 foot puddles and a 1 1/2 hours of Josh and Jermey riding the bikes. For any day rider or part time racer the quad is going to be bad ***.. I am a honda guy and friends with the two guys and they really had there doubts at first but are converts now. The conditions were well past any normal treatment. I think anyone that was there was really impressed.

ThePhantomRider
08-20-2007, 10:22 AM
What he said...^^^^^^ I hear that Josh had the hammer down the whole time and it def takes one heck of a rider and a great bike to get a bad start and reel in Eichner on his 525 Outlaw, the fact that the conditions were that bad and he could overcome conditions that should actually favor the 525 with a great rider on board is awesome.

TPR

OutlawBill
08-20-2007, 12:03 PM
It was a great race but I read the lap traffic help. On the last lap when Doug went around a traffic jam and got stuck on a log and Josh pass him but that is racing and congratulations to Josh and Can-Am. I am looking forward to the next ITP Cross race.

twisted threads
08-20-2007, 08:29 PM
Lap traffic did hold up Doug but NO one was going to stop Josh from winning. He was FLYING!!! That Can-Am ran awesome!!

d kelley
08-21-2007, 10:20 AM
I talked to Josh before he left for France and he said he was racing hard but he wasnt really pushing the bike as hard that he could have.

ThePhantomRider
08-21-2007, 10:57 AM
Here's the picture QuadJunkies posted elsewhere....
http://img2.putfile.com/thumb/8/23212581410.jpg

TPR

ThePhantomRider
08-21-2007, 11:03 AM
Think mud may have been an issue???

ThePhantomRider
08-21-2007, 11:04 AM
To back up this statement, aside from pipe, filter and programming, these motors had no internal changes, they wanted to see how competative the stock motor was compared to the modded Outlaw 525 and the other 450's....

LTR450_#67
08-21-2007, 11:48 AM
It's about time we see these in action......Ellis won 3 of 4 motos at Rd. 7 of the Quadcross series on a stock LTR with a pipe.....Can't wait to see how Ellis and Schell duke it out at the next round!

QuadJunkies
08-25-2007, 02:07 AM
Frederick and Schell looked awesome out there!
On the Pro practice, I loved watching Jeremy ride ! He had a great finese with it out there .
They are both DEF. off to a great start .
As for the mud and any overheating that may have like already mentioned..... I think just about EVERYONE had an issue with that at some point lol. It was pretty nasty at times out there and the Sunday racing was the worst of it.
Lets hope Monticello this year isnt alot of the same .
http://www.pbase.com/image/84224967/original.jpg