PDA

View Full Version : LTR Problems

SethL
08-18-2007, 04:01 PM
Today riding at the track something bad went wrong with my LTR..The motor quit and didn't want to fire back up. Once it started back up it knocked really bad, but would still rev and idle. I also noticed that on the starter gear cover it looked like the gasket had popped out on the bottom and a few drops of oil came out. Can't get to Suzuki til Monday so does anybody have any ideas about what happened?

450Rchaser
08-25-2007, 05:23 PM
Sounds like oil pressure or could be the amount of oil in it. If you think you see a small leak.

SethL
08-26-2007, 09:48 PM
Well the dealership gave me a call yesterday. And this dealership is known to try and pull fast ones so I dunno what to think..They say a washer from the starter gear went into the motor and thats what is causing the knocking. I've talked to several local MX racers and people into the quad scene this past week while its been there and they all say the same things 1.) Theres no way a washer could get in there, and if it did why would it still start, idle and rev? 2.) Everyone says it is valves and a few have said timing chain. Unless someone thinks this could have seriously happened I'm going to load it up tomorrow and take it about an hour away to one of the nicest Suzuki dealerships I've been in.

dodgepower
08-27-2007, 05:40 AM
Pick it up and take it to another........................Sounds like horse poop to me...........

450Rchaser
08-27-2007, 06:16 AM
If there was a washer in there u would have more than a knock noise. You would have some pretty nice dmage to anything it touched. Take it somewhere else.

jherbie28
09-02-2007, 07:48 PM
let us know what happens with that, the ltrs have a 6 month warrenty right? unless otherwise stated? i was having some problems with mine today and im wondering how my dealership is going to react