PDA

View Full Version : Regular travel to long travel

JJs450r
08-17-2007, 08:54 PM
well my old a-arms were regular travel and the new ones are long, is there any thing i should know about how jumping and handling will be affected? thanks

08-17-2007, 11:33 PM
What is the difference between Standard and Long Travel Shocks? The only difference between these two are the lengths of bodies and number of springs used. There is NO travel gained with a long travel shock over a standard travel. If you measure a standard travel shocks shaft length with the same leverage ratio A-Arm as a Long Travel shock I bet they are the same! However, there are some slight advantages to a Long Travel shock. The shock manufacturer's are able to add more spring rates to the shock since it is longer which helps to give more of a progressive spring rate curve and tuneability is a little easier.

that should sum up everything

mx1791
08-17-2007, 11:42 PM
JJ you will deff. feel smoother over bumps/ruts, ive noticed this on almost all LT front ends over ST. thats the biggest difference ive seen, its just smoothness over everything. i feel like my front end handles landing jumps as good as LT though.