PDA

View Full Version : Vick

tgreenz400
08-17-2007, 07:28 PM
So do you guys really think that he should be put away for 5 years?:ermm: Or should he even be able to play again? I personally think that he should be able to play after a years long suspension from the NFL. Lets hear what you guys gotta say.

GPracer2500
08-17-2007, 07:35 PM
I have no tolerance for animal torture. I've got no problem with 5 years. I don't think he'll serve that much though--unless maybe he's stupid enough to take it to trial.

416exfreak
08-17-2007, 07:36 PM
I personally dont care about football, so i take no stand on that issue.

But as for his animal cruelty...he should be put in a cage with 6 rabid raccoons and left in there for 5 years....:mad:

Animal Cruelty=W R O N G!!!!!!!!:grr:

08-17-2007, 07:40 PM
damn jiggaboo should have to do MORE than 5. the torture of any animal for nothing but amusement is wrong.

tgreenz400
08-17-2007, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by tgreenz400
I personally think that he should be able to play after a years long suspension from the NFL. well nevermind..i think that he WILL play after a year long suspension...but some prison time is starting to sound better to me. After hearing it so much i was thinking that "oh well, its just dog fighting" but you guys are right, you gotta remember they died while being tortured. Most of his dogs were either hanged, drowned, beat to death, or electrocutid (sp) this is bad stuff:ermm:

killroy
08-17-2007, 07:54 PM
i think he's innocent. they are doing this to him cuz hes black

416exfreak
08-17-2007, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by killroy
i think he's innocent. they are doing this to him cuz hes black

youve got to be kiddin...right?

tgreenz400
08-17-2007, 08:07 PM
i think he's innocent. they are doing this to him cuz hes black dude...they found the dogs bodies at his HOUSE

csr250r
08-17-2007, 08:13 PM
You know when i first heard about vicks predicument i did alot of research on dog fighting, contruary to popular belief the dogs seldom die while fighting in the pit, most of the time the owners kill them because they dont have any more use. animal cruelty IS wrong but these dogs arnt your normal golden retriever or lab, they are pitbulls bread to fight and be mean, five years ago a little kid was riding his bike 2 miles from my house, he was attacked by 3 pitbulls and they ****ed him to death... these dogs will be vilolent if not to eachother maybe to your dog, or worse...

tgreenz400
08-17-2007, 08:17 PM
Pitbulls are illegal to own where i live

mephyst
08-17-2007, 08:21 PM
I think he's a complete idiot for this whole issue. I mean he's an amazing NFL player and gets caught up in something so stupid like dog fighting. Why? Because he's a moron. He had everything he wanted.

I don't really even care about the whole animal cruelty part... People train and fight animals everywhere else in the world but in American society its just completely wrong.

He's going to be doing more time because he was totally caught distributing pitbulls across state lines which is a HUGE part.

mx825
08-17-2007, 08:31 PM
Animal cruelty is wrong to the highest degree. Lock him up.

chris46250r
08-17-2007, 08:52 PM
I say put him and a pit bull in the pit and let the winner play football and shoot the loser. Isn't that kinda how they do it?

banshee84
08-17-2007, 08:56 PM
I think they shouldn't accept a plea deal from him. They should prosecute him to the fullest. People are already ratting him out so it should be an easy guilty verdict. He shouldn't be allowed to play football after he gets out of prison either. When he goes to prison he better not get any special treatment either. His football/endorcement contracts should be
voided out also. He should also have to make a huge donation to an animal charity/agency. I hope they make an example out of him. I would expect the NFL to do what is right whether he pleads guilty or is found guilty and they don't let him play anymore.

450raider
08-17-2007, 09:00 PM
well other than being a former vick fan and feeling totally betrayed, im totally against animal cruelty and if it was up to me hed spend 5-10yrs in the pin and be suspened from football afterwords for even longer so hed end up flippin burgers, but we all know that aint gonna happen for reasons im not gonna address, honestly youve got all these p****** running around abusing animals but they wont mess with people cause almost anyone could knock em out in a heartbeat, and if i ever get the chance i will spit in vick's ungreatful, backstabbing, no talent face, hell ill give him the first shot.

Ghost-Rider
08-17-2007, 10:38 PM
He should get lots of jail and not be allowed to play.

And to those who say pitbulls are bad thats not true.They may be a slight bit more aggressive than some other breeds but it all depends on how their raised.

mineralgrey01gt
08-17-2007, 10:51 PM
he deserves to be put away. Animal cruelty is a truely terrible thing and he DID IT. I used to like him but not anymore. Hes #1 on my s**t list right now

mx825
08-17-2007, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Ghost-Rider

And to those who say pitbulls are bad thats not true.They may be a slight bit more aggressive than some other breeds but it all depends on how their raised.

genetics also play a roll

Ghost-Rider
08-18-2007, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by mx825
genetics also play a roll

I did say they are more aggressive than some other breeds but there are plenty of safe pitbulls, if you baby and spoil the dog and give it attention it would probably be fine.My moms old friend had a few pits and rots, they were extremely mean, but they kind of did it to them.

Giz400ex
08-18-2007, 04:42 AM
From recent news from ESPN, he's pretty much on his own and if it goes to trial.....he'll lose. Basically Vick is screwed and doubt that he will be able to play in the NFL again, if he was to play I believe it would a difficult career to continue with the media ect... He is a marked man right now!

MOFO
08-18-2007, 08:06 AM
I hope he never plays in the NFL again and serves a nice long jail sentence.

Too bad though, this POS has it made as far as income and retirement. In addition to jail time, I think they should really hit him in the pocket book... JMO.

orca0294
08-18-2007, 11:22 AM
I'm not a football fan but the guy is redicilous. In one of the interview videos he basically said it was ok what he was doing and doesn't care because hes Mike Vick. I read somewhere that he'll get with some $250,000 fine but that doesn't really affect someone like him he can still live his life the way it is and won't change anything hes done. The dude is quite pathetic.

416exfreak
08-18-2007, 11:28 AM

Exactly. It all depend on how you raise the dog. We have 2 pits right now that wouldnt fight if you tried to get them too. They werent raised that way, and in fact...they both play with my moms jack russel...and he kcisk both thier arses:p

You can make anything mean,if you treat it the wrong way. Give the dog love, attention and care for it....it will never give you a moments trouble.:)

Rrider4life8
08-18-2007, 02:49 PM
people in the southern states have been fighting dogs and cocks for years. It will never stop.

hell get a years jail time and go play for another team.

csr250r
08-18-2007, 05:02 PM
Well should MMA be banned and outlawed? i mean we dont give a flying F*** if humans kill eachother but when a couple dogs start fighting its a humugous deal with ALL the media involved, pitbulls can be good dogs with attention and care but they are an agressive breed and that will never change, dogs fight in the wild its in their nature. Vick was my all time favorite QB because he brought flare to every game yes he should be punished but i will be sad if he never gets to play again, but whoever thinks that pits are a gentle breed should ask that little kids family that was riding his bike... its bs

banshee84
08-18-2007, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by csr250r
Well should MMA be banned and outlawed? i mean we dont give a flying F*** if humans kill eachother but when a couple dogs start fighting its a humugous deal with ALL the media involved, pitbulls can be good dogs with attention and care but they are an agressive breed and that will never change, dogs fight in the wild its in their nature. Vick was my all time favorite QB because he brought flare to every game yes he should be punished but i will be sad if he never gets to play again, but whoever thinks that pits are a gentle breed should ask that little kids family that was riding his bike... its bs

Those guys that fight in the mma have a mind of their own the dogs don't. Also the Refs are there to stop the fight if it goes too far. They don't torture the loser to death either, so let's not compare the 2 ok?

killroy
08-18-2007, 05:33 PM
dog fighting should be legal. leave this man alone. Pit bulls have it in their blood to be VERY AGRESSIVE, they all can snap any second no matter what you think. Iv'e seen it time and time again with a lot of pit bull owners who say their dogs are "gentle and docile". bring any dog around them and they almost always flip out. I hate pit bulls

450raider
08-18-2007, 05:40 PM
yeah where i live (southern region) folks abuse animals because 85% of the population (mostly trailer park) here are pu***** just like vick (like i stated earlier), too damn scared to pick on someone their size, id gladly knock any of them out if given the free chance.

csr250r
08-18-2007, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by banshee84
Those guys that fight in the mma have a mind of their own the dogs don't. Also the Refs are there to stop the fight if it goes too far. They don't torture the loser to death either, so let's not compare the 2 ok?

well if your dog was ever attacked by one of these pitbulls i think that u might have a slight different perspective, and when these dogs are passed there prime and battered they cant be given to your local family, so its not like they have a choice not to get rid of them its not alot different than putting your dog down after he cant get around and is in pain...

It really isnt alot different than a MMA fight... they have handlers that will stop the fight before their dog gets too injured to fight again, these dogs are trained just like an MMA fighter, u wouldnt be in the mma if u were a banker... u wouldnt be in a dogfight if you were a lab, like i said its mostly violent dogs that shouldnt be around anyway.

pro-rider46
08-18-2007, 10:13 PM
it makes me sad to see so many people abuse a animals, they need to be shot in the knee cap.

chris46250r
08-18-2007, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by chris46250r
I say put him and a pit bull in the pit and let the winner play football and shoot the loser. Isn't that kinda how they do it?

I still say this will get his attention better than anything else. That way he gets to see both sides of the argument.

<DRS>GPF
08-19-2007, 07:19 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/2007/08/18/2007-08-18_label_vick_a_dog_killer.html

like the filthy rats they are, leaving the sinking ship.. that pretty much sums up the friendships he developed surrounding all this..

as id said before.. he's just another pro sports criminal, thats probalby going to walk because of another sports commision's influence..

the guy needs horsewhipped and all of his assets taken and sold, then given to the ASPCA.. then they can throw him back to the trash he came from..

reptikes
08-19-2007, 08:30 AM
csr250r: (they are pitbulls bread to fight and be mean)

You need to do a better search on American Pit Bull Terriors or American Staffshire Terriors. They were not bred to fight or be mean. The PIT BULL was as the name states, were bred to grab a bull by the nose and pull him down to the ground ( it was a sport). They were not breed to be mean, they were breed to be fearless. Back when Pitbulls were first bred, if a pitbull would bite a human it was put down because biting a human was a sign of fear. A lot of Pitbulls now a days are cross breed for size (for fighting). There fore you are introducing genes of another dog breed that will show signs of fear and won't be as loyal to human beings. Pitbulls don't hurt people, its irresponsible people trianing Pitbulls that hurt people. And another myth is that Pitbulls make good guard dogs by instinct and nature alone. WRONG. Pitbulls are very trusting and loyal dogs to humans. Unless you show that dog otherwise that dog will assume you are of no threat.

I am the proud owner of a Blue American Pitbull Terrior. Blue nose, eyes, coat, lips, ect. Not just a Blue Nose Pitbull which people think is something special. Because its not.

reptikes
08-19-2007, 08:46 AM
Killroy,
Pittbulls are not mean and VERY AGGRESSIVE and don't just snap and go crazy. At the same time Male Pitbulls will try to kill another dog, cat, skunk, whatever, that comes around. Male are very territorial, alot more so than females. Its all on how you raise you dog.

AtvMxRider
08-19-2007, 09:08 AM
:ermm:

reptikes
08-19-2007, 09:25 AM
If no one gave a ***** then the thread wouldn't have been started.

440bigborekit
08-19-2007, 09:30 AM
me being a pit bull owner says he should be tied to a tree with a foot long leach that weights 40 lbs getting attacked its scumbags like him who give my dogs bad names i say kill the bastidd.........

440bigborekit
08-19-2007, 09:39 AM
you guys gotta learn a thing or two pit bulls are not bred to fight number one there just alot stronger then your average dog my dogs never bit anybody but try to do something to me or my family and im srry is called protection i will never leave the pit bull family the most loyal and best dog there is my lil sister and brother can play with them all day long i can trust them. **** all you people that dont like he dogs i love and hate to have a bad rep because of scumbags that dont treat them right

mx825
08-19-2007, 01:19 PM
I did say they are more aggressive than some other breeds but there are plenty of safe pitbulls, if you baby and spoil the dog and give it attention it would probably be fine.My moms old friend had a few pits and rots, they were extremely mean, but they kind of did it to them.

If past generations of a certain pitbull were raised to fight, they are more likely to be aggressive. If you baby and spoil that type of dog, there is not a 100% chance it won't attack you or another pitbull. And in no way did i say there isn't such a thing as a 'safe' pitbull; Many are very fun loving dogs. kind of a cool breed if you ask me:)

Honda400exrox
08-19-2007, 02:52 PM
dog fighting should be legal. leave this man alone. Pit bulls have it in their blood to be VERY AGRESSIVE, they all can snap any second no matter what you think. Iv'e seen it time and time again with a lot of pit bull owners who say their dogs are "gentle and docile". bring any dog around them and they almost always flip out. I hate pit bulls

were you born in the dark?:huh :confused:

quads14589
08-19-2007, 06:56 PM
i think he should be put in jail, fined, suspended and not allowed to be put back on the feild only good qb's in the game are white becuase they know how to think

criminalpoet
08-19-2007, 07:22 PM
Well, im sure i'll piss off a few people in this thread lol, but heres my opinion on this subject. First off I have owned game bred Pit Bulls for over 20 years. Since the age of 6 I have had a little game dog by my side. I have raised my 12 year old daughter around game bred Pit Bulls her entire life. I DO NOT THINK THAT DOG FIGHTING IS WRONG!
But, it has to be done right, according to the cajun rules set forth by dogmen of the late 18th and early 19th century. This is back in the day when dog fighting was known as "The Gentlemans Sport". What Vik did was wrong because of the lack of respect and manners in which he culled his dogs with. Vik acted in a most classless way and should definitely be punished for it.

I do not fight dogs as it has been a felony offense in this country since the animal welfare act of 1976. But I am definitely not against it if it is done right and with respect to the animal. We are talking about a breed of dog that has been fought since the days of the Romans. Did you guys know that the Pit Bull is the 5th oldest breed of dog in all of dogdom?

The first dog ever is known as "ancient hunting dog". From "ancient hunting dog" came "sight hounds", "scent hounds", and "killer hounds". From "killer hounds" directly came what we call today "Pit Bulls". And, contrary to belief, the game bred, or fighting dogs, are the most stable dogs in existence.

Because of their high tolerence to pain they are extremely stable to have around children because of the way kids torture animals lol. Most dogs bite either out of fear, or out of pain. When you have a dog like a game bred Pit, pain and fear just arent in thier vocabulary.

Hell, I can remember when my daughter was 4 years old, she was in the room with my dog Cougar and had a Barbie leg shoved half way up his *** while a friend of the familys 4 year old son was pulling on his ears lol. When I noticed this happening I went upstairs and the dog just layed there with a Barbie leg up his *** and another little kid pulling on his ears, and the dog just looked at me in a way kind of saying "chit man, is it your turn to babysit yet"? lol!

See the fighting dogs of old, and true fighting dogs of today, were very much animal aggressive. Buuut, they were bred to be very people friendly. Why? Because no one wants to be in the ring with a human aggressive dog, its just to much of a liability for the other handler. So, when a human aggressive dog popped up in a dogmans fighting stock it was culled immediately to eliminate that trait from the genepool.

Dogfighting rules known as the Cajun rules were set up so that a dog doesnt die in a match. They utilize a scratch & turn system. When a dog during combat turns, the other handler calls a turn. A turn is a sign of disinterest and at which point both dogs are separated and pulled back to their respective corners. The dog that turns has a 5 or 10 second count to scratch, or go back into the other dog willingly or he is counted out and looses the match.
If he is counted out its over, just like that, neither dog dies.

As someone mentioned earlier in this thread, its no different than MMA. Right and wrong is a matter of opinion, but unfortunitely opinion is rapidly becoming law. Fighting in one form or another has been the most profitable and most sought after form of entertainment for thousands of years. But nowadays, opinions make it illegal for some fight sports to be conducted on American soil. This is totally rediculous! Because this is America and it is supposed to be the land of the free.

Anymore this country is becoming so ***-backwards that sometimes I feel that it is nothing more than a sarcastic joke in comparison to what it used to be. From certain states not allowing people to own their choice of breeds, to making it illegal to feed homeless people in public parks. Little by little OUR government, the United States of America government is rapidly stripping its citizens of all of their everyday freedoms.

I only hope that this generation and the future generations to come start to grow some balls and fight back before its to late. Should Vik be punished? YES! Should he do prison time for animal cruelty? NO! Why, because call me old fashioned, but to me people come first! To take a man away from his family and away from his livelyhood because of something he did to some dogs is just pathetic.

Take away his right to own ANY animals, hit him with a 7 figure fine, and if he disobeys THEN throw his *** in prison. Only a true tree hugger would throw a man in PRISON for something like animal cruelty. I know that there are far worse types of criminals that OUR tax dollars can be used to punish in the form of prison.

People first people, get it straight! A guy I work with has two daughters, 1 is 3 and the other is 5. Hes divorced and his ex has residential custody. The ex had a boyfriend that sexually abused both of those little girls. Innocent children on a level that no other form of innocence can superceed. This ******* only received 6 months in jail and 6 years of probation. 6 months in jail and 6 years of probation for sexually molesting two innocent children. But we're going to sit here and say that Vik should get 5+ years in prison for abusing a few dogs?! Thats just stupid and thats a solid example of just how *** backwards this country is.

Their dogs people, dogs. I say we as a country should take all of that money that was raised to support animal rights and instead use it for far more important issues such as homelessness, aids, and child abuse. Kinda funny how they want to ban 2 strokes because of polution, but said politicians drive off in their Cadillac Escalades shortly afterwards lol. Kinda funny how they ban something like dogfighting but will sit there and entertain the thought and push the issue of legalizing gay marrage and giving gay couples the right to adopt children.

Little by little our government is coming closer and closer to making God illegal! From taking the statue of the 10 commandments off of capitol hill, to wanting to remove the phrase "In God We Trust" from our money. Our country is coming very close to just plain out spitting on God and spitting on what the Bible teaches. I think everybody needs to seriously re-think their prioritys because things are starting to get way out of hand.

LOL, in some parts of the world DOGS are on the menu!

Hammer trx450r
08-19-2007, 07:32 PM
Pit bulls are the sweetests dogs.

If you raised a human in those conditions he would become savage too.

tgreenz400
08-19-2007, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by criminalpoet
Well, im sure i'll piss off a few people in this thread lol didnt piss me off at all...you had some VERY good points in their. and btw that has to be the longest post ive ever read lol

criminalpoet
08-19-2007, 07:41 PM
BTW, for all of the anti-pit bull people, if you guys look at the dog bite statistics in the United States you will find that The American Pit Bull terrier is the 4th least likely dog to be bitten by. There are more Dalmation dog biting incidents in this country that Pit Bull biting incidents lol. More people get bitten by Labs than Pit Bulls. Look it up!

Also, genetics play the largest roll in how a Pit Bull behaves. The cur bred Pits are the ones that are the most human aggressive. Because their owners breed for no other reason than making more Pit Bulls and making money. The game bred Pit Bulls are the ones bred for a specific purpose and are the most stable dogs on the planet. Just not around other animals.

Heres my dog Cougar, the one that had the Barbie leg shoved up his ***.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid222/p20291e318ceec706435fc7beb57e92bb/eb30969a.jpg

criminalpoet
08-19-2007, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by tgreenz400
didnt piss me off at all...you had some VERY good points in their. and btw that has to be the longest post ive ever read lol

Sorry man, I type 135wpm and sometimes I just have a lot to say lol. Crazy part is, thats not anywhere near being the longest post ive ever written hehhehheh.

tgreenz400
08-19-2007, 07:53 PM
Sorry man, I type 135wpm and sometimes I just have a lot to say lol. Crazy part is, thats not anywhere near being the longest post ive ever written hehhehheh. no problem at all you had a lot of interesting things to say. and WOW...thats fast. im around 40 wpm haha

Kickstarts-suck
08-19-2007, 08:00 PM

i hate you go die

Ive owned 2 pits and they are the best dogs ive ever had.

csr250r
08-19-2007, 08:32 PM
^^ Y did i LMAO @ this??!!??

CP your dog looks badass, i got a purebread lab stud haha today i took him hunting and he jumped in the back of my truck over the side and didnt touch the edge:eek: u had alot of good points in ur small dictinary of a post, but like most rich & famous vick thought that he was above the law and the rules its a shame that he treated his pits the way he did.

Quad18star
08-19-2007, 09:51 PM
I hope they throw the book at this character. Throw him in jail for many years to come and take his money and donate it to the Humane Society.

The guy disgust me and anyone that says he's innocent disgusts me.

The man is a savage ... any dog that didn't win a match or didn't show enough fight , he'd help in killing them by shooting them , drowning , hanging or electrocuting. That's sickening.

" I didn't know it was going on" .... like hell he didn't know it was happening in his own house. Just another rich coward that couldn't find anything better to do with his time and money. :mad:

Quad18star
08-19-2007, 10:02 PM

I only hope that this generation and the future generations to come start to grow some balls and fight back before its to late. Should Vik be punished? YES! Should he do prison time for animal cruelty? NO! Why, because call me old fashioned, but to me people come first! To take a man away from his family and away from his livelyhood because of something he did to some dogs is just pathetic.

Take away his right to own ANY animals, hit him with a 7 figure fine, and if he disobeys THEN throw his *** in prison. Only a true tree hugger would throw a man in PRISON for something like animal cruelty. I know that there are far worse types of criminals that OUR tax dollars can be used to punish in the form of prison.

Well call me a tree hugger , call me pathetic , call me whatever you want , but guess what .... 99.9% of the population doesn't accept this to happen to animals....tell me this is OK.

http://www.usanimalprotection.org/gypsy100.jpg
http://www.stlawrencevalleyspca.org/assets/images/Victim1.jpg
http://www.workingpitbull.com/images/dogfightpicbad1.jpg
http://www.21stcenturycares.org/ADD%20TO%20SITE/fight.jpg

Ghost-Rider
08-19-2007, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Well call me a tree hugger , call me pathetic , call me whatever you want , but guess what .... 99.9% of the population doesn't accept this to happen to animals....tell me this is OK.

http://www.usanimalprotection.org/gypsy100.jpg
http://www.stlawrencevalleyspca.org/assets/images/Victim1.jpg
http://www.workingpitbull.com/images/dogfightpicbad1.jpg
http://www.21stcenturycares.org/ADD%20TO%20SITE/fight.jpg

Dogs in that bad of shape need to just be put down( a couple of the photos look like the dogs had surgery to fix the wounds)

banshee84
08-19-2007, 10:53 PM
I think some people need to understand that the dog fighting isn't the main issue here, it is the FACT that the dogs were tortured to death by HUMANS after the fight. That deserves prison time. Dog fighting is animal cruelty but what they did to the dogs after the fight was much more than animal cruelty. You might say that "The dogs needed to be put down after the fight because they were suffering". Yeah they were suffering because they were stuck in a "ring" with another dog to fight.

reptikes
08-20-2007, 01:51 AM
Saying that dog fights should be alout is one of the dumbest things ive heard. Coming from someone with children, it just doesn't make sense to me. That is directly were accidents happen. You take a dog that has been trained to fight and put him in a certian position and next thing you know some little kid is mulled to death. And fighters in the MMA chose their right to fight. We chose for dogs! NOT RIGHT!

GPracer2500
08-20-2007, 01:53 AM
criminalpoet:

I'm not buying the "Gentleman's Sport" diatribe. An established history of fighting dogs hardly rationalizes the activity. History is full of activities that were once considered legitimate parts of society. At best, that fact makes for a specious argument for their continuance.

I've never been to a dogfight--your romanticized "cajun rules" version or any other type--but there's no way around that it involves dogs fighting for entertainment. And while all loosing dogs may not die during the match are you claiming it doesn't happen? Or are you claiming that loosing dogs are not put to death for being "losers" or because of mortal injury? You don't have to answer--I'm asking rhetorically. I don't believe it's possible to "dress up" dog fighting enough to make it look like a worthwhile activity to a non-interested party.

I'm not going to get too far into America being "*** backwards" because I think that discussion is beyond the scope of this topic. But I will say that if you'd like to live in a part of the world were dogs are on the menu then be my guest. Get back to us with how that's working out for you. ;)

In our society dogs are revered as companions, assistants, and objects of benign show. The fringe part of our society that refuses to uphold that standard needs to adapt, regardless of traditions. Some traditions are worth fighting for. Fighting dogs for entertainment or profit lacks the substantial value of things that ARE worth taking a stand on.

criminalpoet
08-20-2007, 05:37 AM
Dogs in that bad of shape need to just be put down( a couple of the photos look like the dogs had surgery to fix the wounds)

I can pull up some pictures too! OF HUMANS that look just as bad from living on the streets because OUR government failed to take as good of care of them as they do all of these freakin animals. So I have to ask, Power to the people, or Power to the animals? In New Mexico a law was just passed last month that states it is now illegal for a person, church, or anyone to feed homeless people in a public park.

I can show you pics of people with aids, pics of children with cancer, that look worse than those pics you posted up of dogs from fighting. Their animals PERIOD! How do you think a gazel looks after its been destroyed by a lion? There animals! And the animal world is cruel. Should we be spending billions of dollars to fight animal cruelty? Or should it be spent on human cruelty?

Funny thing is, those dogs you posted up will look perfectly fine in a couple of weeks. I can show you pics of myself after a no holds barred fight from years ago where I look that bad. After the blood was cleaned off and the swelling went down I looked fine. A few scars here and there but those I am proud of lol. I loved every minute of what did at that point in my life. People first!

Hammer trx450r
08-20-2007, 07:29 AM
I can pull up some pictures too! OF HUMANS that look just as bad from living on the streets because OUR government failed to take as good of care of them as they do all of these freakin animals. So I have to ask, Power to the people, or Power to the animals? In New Mexico a law was just passed last month that states it is now illegal for a person, church, or anyone to feed homeless people in a public park.

I can show you pics of people with aids, pics of children with cancer, that look worse than those pics you posted up of dogs from fighting. Their animals PERIOD! How do you think a gazel looks after its been destroyed by a lion? There animals! And the animal world is cruel. Should we be spending billions of dollars to fight animal cruelty? Or should it be spent on human cruelty?

Funny thing is, those dogs you posted up will look perfectly fine in a couple of weeks. I can show you pics of myself after a no holds barred fight from years ago where I look that bad. After the blood was cleaned off and the swelling went down I looked fine. A few scars here and there but those I am proud of lol. I loved every minute of what did at that point in my life. People first!

Also at one point in time, afro americans were slaves and were treated in the same manner as dogs. And the slave owners had the same views as YOU. Thank god the majority of our population grew up and got educated.

criminalpoet
08-20-2007, 08:27 AM
There is no comparing dogs/animals to humans PERIOD! God gave dominion over the planet to people not animals. Maybe you should visit your local slaughter house before you try remarking on this subject. Or perhaps maybe you should try visiting an animal testing facility at your local military base and give me your opinion. Dog fighting doesnt hold a candle in compariso to either of the above mentioned situations. But I guess the fact that we eat cows and pigs makes it alright?!

Quad18star
08-20-2007, 08:47 AM
There is no comparing dogs/animals to humans PERIOD!

So then why are you bringing people with AIDS or Cancer into this?? We're not comparing animals to humans !!!!

In our society, dogs are recognized as pets , therefore society doesn't accept the fact that a professional sports athlete like Vick was part of a dog fighting group that was being held in his own home , which he said " I didn't know it was going on" , that he was betting on a dog's life and that he tortured and disposed of the animals in inhumane ways.

Step out of the 18th century and make the small leap into the 21st century.

MOFO
08-20-2007, 10:17 AM
I can pull up some pictures too! OF HUMANS that look just as bad from living on the streets because OUR government failed to take as good of care of them

I wonder who you are?? :rolleyes:

Yea, lets all rely on the gov't to take care of everyone. While your at it, why don't you move to a nice socialist country where the gov't tells you what you can do and when you can do it.

Who do you think should be able to take care of themselves (by themself) a domesticated dog or a human?

MOFO
08-20-2007, 10:19 AM

...and that was YOUR choice to fight. These dog's have NO say in what they do!!!

Let me guess - Uncle Sam should have stepped in for you and say "Dont do this - its bad..." :rolleyes:

jcv400ex
08-20-2007, 10:44 AM
Both sides have their arguements. CP has some very good points in all of this. People's 'vision' of an object has alot to do with our outlook on things. Like CP said, dogs are viewed as pets, so anything not pet related really sets people off.

If you had two people about to be sentenced for multiple murders. Say they walked into a pre-school and peppered the whole class. One was a 6'5" 300 pound guy with a shaved head, tatoos and multiple piercings while the other was a 90 lb lady in her late 60's, who would you really want to throw the book at and see burn in hell? Our perception of a killer like that would be the big guy with tatoos and piercings, not the little old lady.

Not condoning what Vick did, but I don't think he should get more than a year in Jail over this. It's not quite as bad as we're all making it out to be.

I'm still trying to see what half of his sentence will be. Can't go to an AA meeting or theraphy after killing a dog like that!

Hammer trx450r
08-20-2007, 11:23 AM
I don't care if it was Joe Montana i would still like to see his ars eaten out by one of the dogs

GPracer2500
08-20-2007, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by jcv400ex
...CP has some very good points in all of this....

CP = criminalpoet?

TANNER250r
08-20-2007, 11:40 AM
Its how there raised our golden retriever is more aggressive than
our pit bull.

chris46250r
08-20-2007, 11:47 AM

Yes, the animal world is very cruel. If two dogs get in a fight and one kills the other, its a bad deal but it happens in the "animal world". Now if we as humans build a pit, train our dogs to fight, alter thier temper by whatever means, stand on the side and bet on the "winner", step around back just to see what happens to the loser and then go home and sleep like everything is just fine, then we have stepped out of the animal world into the human world of animal cruelity. There is a difference in the two worlds.

Quad18star
08-20-2007, 12:26 PM
Yes, the animal world is very cruel. If two dogs get in a fight and one kills the other, its a bad deal but it happens in the "animal world". Now if we as humans build a pit, train our dogs to fight, alter thier temper by whatever means, stand on the side and bet on the "winner", step around back just to see what happens to the loser and then go home and sleep like everything is just fine, then we have stepped out of the animal world into the human world of animal cruelity. There is a difference in the two worlds.

Very well said .

Someone get this guy a beer !!!!

OutlawBill
08-20-2007, 12:28 PM
He has taken the plea deal guilty

GPracer2500
08-20-2007, 12:42 PM

Huh? So because there are laws that protect "these freakin' animals" from abuse somehow that means that government takes better care of animals then humans? How about the hundreds of laws that protect humans too? How about welfare, social security, Medicare, Medicaid, food stamps, etc, etc? How about the billions (?) of federal dollars that go into medical research to fight the health issues you've mentioned? When was the last time your local homeless shelter started putting down the homeless because they ran out of beds for the night?

You make it sound like if we just got rid of animal protection laws then all our social ills would disappear and we could live happily ever after in a socialist utopia. On one hand you complain about the government restricting our activities and on the other hand you complain they're failing to take care of us.

There are major failures in your logic and reasoning. If you want to support or condone dog fighting, that's your choice to make. But don't kid yourself and make it "ok" in your head by using easily dismantled arguments. Admit (if not to anyone else, at least to yourself) that you just don't care if dogs suffer at the hands of people and you have a restricted capacity for empathy. I could accept that. I can't accept all these other reasons for why dog fighting is acceptable--because they just don't hold up to examination.

Trying to prevent animal cruelty and fighting disease (or whatever other social/human problem you'd like to bring into it) are NOT MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE. There's no need to abandon dogs' place in society just because cancer has gone uncured.

Funny thing is...
Ha Ha Ha, your right! Those pictures are an absolute riot! :ermm:

...those dogs you posted up will look perfectly fine in a couple of weeks. I can show you pics of myself after a no holds barred fight from years ago where I look that bad. After the blood was cleaned off and the swelling went down I looked fine. A few scars here and there but those I am proud of lol. I loved every minute of what did at that point in my life. People first!

Oh, I see. As long as they look "perfectly fine" (yeah right) afterwards then no harm no foul. I guess it doesn't matter how much suffering or abuse an animal endures, as long as they look "perfectly fine" afterwards then who gives a damn. If you can't see the flaw in that reasoning it's because you don't want to.

BTW, I'm sure that dogs leg will grow back in no time and he'll look "perfectly fine".

http://www.pitbullrescuesandiego.com/assets/images/fighting_2.jpg

GPracer2500
08-20-2007, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Very well said .

Someone get this guy a beer !!!!

I agree. That was well said.

Hookrone
08-20-2007, 01:03 PM
Sad to hear as a dog owner. Hope he gets more than a slap on the wrist.

Originally posted by z400rider08
damn jiggaboo should have to do MORE than 5. the torture of any animal for nothing but amusement is wrong.

Nice...Arkansas right?

If he was white, what would you fill in the blank with?
damn _______ should have to do MORE than 5.

Quad18star
08-20-2007, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Hookrone

Scum , Coward , Idiot, Heartless SOB .... there's more.

Kickstarts-suck
08-20-2007, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by TANNER250r
Its how there raised our golden retriever is more aggressive than
our pit bull.

X2 my poodle tears up my pit and the pit just lays down.

300exOH
08-20-2007, 01:36 PM
I just don't get why wealthy football players are stupid enough to get themselves involved in crap like this. It's hard for me to say they should throw the book at him though when idiots like OJ Simpson still walk free...

Here's a funny pic I found...if only he was in the jersey...

mx825
08-20-2007, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by 300exOH

ha! that's awesome:)

Quad18star
08-20-2007, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by 300exOH
I just don't get why wealthy football players are stupid enough to get themselves involved in crap like this. It's hard for me to say they should throw the book at him though when idiots like OJ Simpson still walk free...

The only reason OJ Simpson walked free , was because the prosecution and the investigators screwed up so badly with the evidence in the case. Investigators tampered with evidence , ruined key pieces of evidence and there were cops/investigators that were racists.

It's hard to convict someone when the Judge is telling the jury that they can't take into account some of the evidence because the prosecution went about presenting it in the wrong fashion.

OJ is walking free , but the man doesn't have a cent to his name anymore. He owes the families and so many other people money , that he'll never recover from his debts.

BTW ... great picture !!!:)

OutlawBill
08-20-2007, 02:41 PM
OJ is doing fine he is getting $5000.00 a month for the rest of his life from a trust fund he has that can not be touched.

Quad18star
08-20-2007, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by OutlawBill
OJ is doing fine he is getting $5000.00 a month for the rest of his life from a trust fund he has that can not be touched.

It ain't no high life like he's accustomed to.

You can't go out every night for Lobster dinners , take vacations every second week ,drive around in 4 luxury cars and still be able to afford a million dollar mansion on 5 grand. It put a hurt on him.

reptikes
08-20-2007, 03:17 PM
GPracer2500, those two post were the most intelligent posts in this whole thread. And scuminalpoet you have to be the most (i wanna be heard, but i make NO sense) ignorant bit@h on the website. (im mad and i have problem and its everybody elses fault) That is what you and those homeless people sound like. You can do for yourself just like the majority of those homeless people, but instead you would like to blame everybody but yourself for the problems you and others have.

You are PATHETIC!!!!

PITMAN TIMMY
08-20-2007, 03:21 PM
vick is a dum a**

08-20-2007, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by reptikes
GPracer2500, those two post were the most intelligent posts in this whole thread. And scuminalpoet you have to be the most (i wanna be heard, but i make NO sense) ignorant bit@h on the website. (im mad and i have problem and its everybody elses fault) That is what you and those homeless people sound like. You can do for yourself just like the majority of those homeless people, but instead you would like to blame everybody but yourself for the problems you and others have.

You are PATHETIC!!!!

Let me ask a question because I want to see the answer.

How come we can let a dog stay outside over night, and think nothing of it. But whenever we're left outside all night..It's a bad thing?

Isn't that cruelty to the animal?

By the way...Put yourself in a pin, and let the dog stay inside and eat whatever it wants. Then I'm sure you'll understand who you think is more important.

Being done with that...Onto Vick.

Do I want to see all my parents hard earned money taxed to see this guy put in jail for 5+ years for animal cruelty? No.

Do I want to see this guy get a hefty fine that will ACTUALLY dent his salary and force a lesson into his thick head? Yes.

08-20-2007, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Hookrone
Sad to hear as a dog owner. Hope he gets more than a slap on the wrist.

Nice...Arkansas right?

What did arkansas have to do with anything?

Nice...New Jersey right?

Yankee.

I would have said what ever fit the situation, in this case the lifstyle vick leads he is nothing more than a "jiggaboo" in my mind. This wasnt even a racial thing it just so happened to be about a black person so automaticly it becomes a racial issue to most people. People like you are the reason black people are able to pull the race card as much as it is.

reptikes
08-20-2007, 05:19 PM
My dog does not sleep out side. He has not slept out side (over night) once in his life. If we are having a cook out and he's out side he might fall a sleep out side. Thats about it. I on the other hand HAVE HAD to sleep on peoples porches that i didn't know, slept in strangers cars, in laundry mats, anywhere i could in the middle of winter, because i had no where to lay my head.

You shouldn't assume anything, it could make you look like an *****.

tgreenz400
08-20-2007, 05:31 PM
check out huevos 9...they show high stakes cock fighting from puerto rico. its crazy how different the views are about animal fighting in different countries.

criminalpoet
08-20-2007, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by reptikes

You are PATHETIC!!!!

Over 50% of the homeless population in America suffer from severe mental illness. Another large portion of them suffer phisical handicaps such as missing limbs. And, are you ready for this, another large portion of our homeless population are mentally disturbed and phisically handicapped. Sad that we in the U.S take better care of our friggen dogs than we do our war verterans who faught for the very freedom that a ignorant little ingreat such as yourself is using in this here thread.

Only a small majority of the TRUELY homeless population is as capable as YOU are stating. BTW, blamming someone of something and simply handing them a shoe that fits are two different things, dont get it twisted. BTW, if im such a scumbag like you call me, then why is it you who FIRST resorted to childish namecalling lol.

reptikes
08-20-2007, 06:04 PM
I just call it like i see it!

Hammer trx450r
08-20-2007, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by z400rider08
What did arkansas have to do with anything?

Nice...New Jersey right?

Yankee.

I would have said what ever fit the situation, in this case the lifstyle vick leads he is nothing more than a "jiggaboo" in my mind. This wasnt even a racial thing it just so happened to be about a black person so automaticly it becomes a racial issue to most people. People like you are the reason black people are able to pull the race card as much as it is.

Then explain what the meaning of Jiggaboo is, and how it fits the situation other than the fact he is black

csr250r
08-20-2007, 07:11 PM
dont get off topic, this shouldnt turn into a racial thread.

Vick was dumb...not only that he got caught but the way he handled things, animals fight in the wild its in their nature to prove who is king !@#$ if these dogs thought that they had no chance they would prolly cower and the fight would be over, if you have more than one dog you can prolly determine the dominat one, bottom line, humans fight, chickens fight, lions fight, dogs fight, along with most of natures creatures they like being king of the hill these dogs are trained JUST like an MMA fighter to protect themselves and have a good chance to live to fight again even if they get wooped.... idk how anyone can say its not like and MMA fight, last i checked HUMANS were domestic....

this is ovbiously a sour topic because every has there own opinions and in this case they feel strongly about them

08-20-2007, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Hammer trx450r
Then explain what the meaning of Jiggaboo is, and how it fits the situation other than the fact he is black

Lifestyle. Theres a difference between the "n" word and a black person.

criminalpoet
08-20-2007, 07:51 PM

You obviously have ZERO education on game dogs. True game dogs, dogs coming from over 100+ years of being bred for bull baiting and fighting dogs have a genetic predisposition to fight. You cannot train a dog to fight lol. Nor can you make one fight. A game dog hits a certain age and just turns on.

How many game dogs have you owned? Ive owned 100s, and have spent the better part of 20 years of my life with these dogs (but I do not fight them) and I can sit here and tell you that this is the truth. You on the other hand cannot tell me anything because you are void of all real world experience with game dogs.

You cannot make them fight, the desire to do that is already in them. But, their aggression is only towards other animals. Anyways im done with this conversation! Obviously tempers are beginning to flare and the posts are getting more and more ignorant and uneducated lol. So you guys can have it without me. LOL, I told you guys that I was sure to piss off a few people! But the truth is, is that the truth isnt always the popular opinion. But at the end of the day 4+4 will still equal 8 reguardless of opinion.

A friend in the quads,
Jose from Albuquerque

chris46250r
08-20-2007, 08:06 PM
You obviously have ZERO education on game dogs. True game dogs, dogs coming from over 100+ years of being bred for bull baiting and fighting dogs have a genetic predisposition to fight. You cannot train a dog to fight lol. Nor can you make one fight. A game dog hits a certain age and just turns on.

How many game dogs have you owned? Ive owned 100s, and have spent the better part of 20 years of my life with these dogs (but I do not fight them) and I can sit here and tell you that this is the truth. You on the other hand cannot tell me anything because you are void of all real world experience with game dogs.

You cannot make them fight, the desire to do that is already in them. But, their aggression is only towards other animals. Anyways im done with this conversation! Obviously tempers are beginning to flare and the posts are getting more and more ignorant and uneducated lol. So you guys can have it without me. LOL, I told you guys that I was sure to piss off a few people! But the truth is, is that the truth isnt always the popular opinion. But at the end of the day 4+4 will still equal 8 reguardless of opinion.

A friend in the quads,
Jose from Albuquerque

If you have went through 100's of dogs in 20 years what are you doing to them? Not fighting them my @$$. I know alot about dumb@$$ people but I've never owned one of them either.

criminalpoet
08-20-2007, 08:19 PM
Ive owned 100s of them because I used to be a breeder. Now I only have two. Come to whatever conclusions youd like, it means nothing to me. The whole point to my posts is that there are far bigger fish to fry to the extent of prison than animal cruelty offenders. There are far bigger issues in this world than animal cruelty. Dogs are personal and private property, and its none of my business or anyone elses business what someone does with their own personal and private property, as long as its not litterally hurting other people.

You people (not all though) are too easy to take what I say out of context and bend it to suit and convenience you opinions. I am merely trying to get you guys to think outside the box, thats all.

chris46250r
08-20-2007, 08:34 PM
Personal and privite property. Never heard that one before. I tell you what do then, get on TV or infront of a crowd, dont really matter, and take a sledge hammer and knock the crap out of that 250r you got and then hit your dog over the head with it and PM me and tell me what they put you in jail for.

criminalpoet
08-20-2007, 08:38 PM
LOL! Okaaaaaayy!

GPracer2500
08-20-2007, 08:46 PM

A friend in the quads,
Jose from Albuquerque

Whether a dog (or any other animal) has a genetic disposition for fighting others of their kind is irrelevant. Just because such dogs exist (by virtue of human intervention BTW, as you're well aware) has nothing to do with whether promoting and participating in dog fighting is right, wrong, legal, or illegal. The animals still suffer from the activity--THAT is the central issue. THAT is why I have no tolerance for dog fighting.

There is a reason that dog racing is not a crime and most people don't have a problem with it. Greyhounds also have particular talents because of their genetics--just like pit bulls. The difference is that exploiting the talents of a greyhound for our pleasure and profit doesn't typically require that the animal suffers.

The issue of dog fighting is not about the existence of dog fighting history or the particular skill sets genetically endowed to certain dogs. It's about the suffering of dogs. If you said that you don't have any problem with putting animals into a position where they will suffer unnecessarily--I wouldn't have anything to comment on. I wouldn't identify with that sentiment and I would consider it indicative of a perverse lack of the values I DO identify with. But at least it's honest and doesn't attempt to hide one's ideals behind smokescreens of "gentleman's sport", historical justification, or that's what they're bred for so how can it be wrong.

criminalpoet
08-20-2007, 09:05 PM
LOL! You obviously know nothing about the high rollers involved in greyhound racing either lol. From the steroid over-usage to the way those phenominal athletes are just discarded like pieces of trash when their racing abilities are no longer there. Trust me, thats a whole nother can of worms that you do not want to open.

Again, your lack of real world knowledge in the examples that you bring to the table are showing. Which brings up another point. Why is it wrong for a Pit Bull guy to fight a dog in a Cajun Rule event, but its okay for those Grey Hound racers to inject their dogs full of steroids, sometimes causing their death, and then throw them away like pieces of trash when their all ran out and cant produce offspring because of the steroids deteriorating their sperm count.

Its nothing more than 1 type of SPORTSMAN nit-picking at another. Man just give it up, I can do this all day long because I have seen and done, and researched many things in my life, and I can assure you that I am very well equipped to debate whatever you want to bring up. To the point that this conversation is already nothing more than a bore to me lol.

Here is my advice to you, go out and live a little. Go out and actually learn about the things that you bring up, and when your done, come back and tell me what your opinion is. Because fact of the matter is, regurgitating what the media has spoon fed you in no way equips you to debate with someone like myself. Because everything I speak of ive actually seen, done, and experienced personally.

chris46250r
08-20-2007, 09:07 PM
Dang dude. You seem to know a little bit about everything and not much about anything.

criminalpoet
08-20-2007, 09:09 PM
Such as? Pleeeease, give me an example to support your point and I will gladly prove you wrong lol. Please!

chris46250r
08-20-2007, 09:11 PM
Tell me what you know about kissing my @$$ right in the grove then.

criminalpoet
08-20-2007, 09:13 PM
I can tell you that its only a figer tip of distance away from your vagina lol.

JOEX
08-20-2007, 09:16 PM
Tell me what you know about kissing my @$$ right in the grove then.

I can tell you that its only a figer tip of distance away from your vagina lol.
Garbage like this is what get's debating threads closed:ermm: