PDA

View Full Version : New or Used? Need opinions please!

Robin Hood
08-17-2007, 02:35 PM
I've finally accumulated enough money (over 7g) to buy my next quad. Problem now is.. New or used?

I have my heart set on an 07 LTR and the dealer worked with me hardcore today to price it for 6800 OTD.

On the other hand I have a few LTR's around here that are slightly used and have some mods done to them for around 5500-6000.

I'm really torn apart between what I should do. I mean, I'm going to college in 2 weeks and this is a TON of money for an 18 year old to be handling.

I bought my raptor used and it wound up blowing 1st gear and always gave me issues at the worst times. I figure if I purchase a new quad I wont have to deal with these problems and if they do arise I will have a warranty to back it.

I could also finance the quad and build credit for the future. Idk. There's also real estate, stock market, or just bank it and wait.

I might be getting ahead of myself, but who knows... I would just like some honest opinions. I know some of you older guys have had plenty of experience at this so I'd really appreciate your input.

Oh btw, the college I'm going to is NJIT.. The lamest, most boring place on earth. I'm commuting so I'll always be home to ride/work on the ATV.

Thanks in advance fellas.

08-17-2007, 02:47 PM
Well I bought my 450R used and never had any problems with it except like a flat tire or something stupid. In my opinion buying new is a waste of money bc once you take the quad off the lot the value goes down a grand. 450's are great quality quads. I say save 3gz and get a used quad with some cool mods for less than brand new, which looses value right when you leave the dealership. And ur raptor broke bc they are ment to brake cant go wrong with a 450.

ATV Chic
08-17-2007, 02:51 PM
HOnestly,
I'd bank it in an apr yielding savings account and let it earn ya some loot ;) rates are good right now, and just got better today! JMO you're 18, u have plenty of time to get toys once you graduate college trust me :p

08-17-2007, 02:52 PM
I have an 05 450R for sale if u want used :D

blasterandy
08-17-2007, 03:02 PM
Go buy a used LS1 Camaro or F-bird. Lots of fun :D I got ta drive my uncles to school for a week while he was using my truck. That was tits man they haul ***. :D And like sexyatvchic said you have plenty of time to buy toys after college.

Robin Hood
08-17-2007, 03:06 PM
Well I'm getting rid of the Raptor once I get the tranny fixed. That should bring me 2g.

I already have 3-4g in the bank saved up. This was supposed to be my quad money but I hate to watch 7g go out the door and I know the second it's gone I wont ever make that much back selling it.

I think I'm going to keep patient and wait until a barely used LTR comes up for around 5-5500. That way I save 2-3 grand and once I sell my other quad I'll have enough for some rainy day left-over money.

blasterandy
08-17-2007, 06:35 PM
Thats smart.