PDA

View Full Version : Best all around tires

yamadog
08-17-2007, 02:22 PM
my tires and rims are pretty shot on my 450 and i was told earlier that itp's c-series were great rims, and i just need tires to match them, i was also told about the itp xcrs but i have only found them for a good price on ebay where the rear tires were 20x11x10, i know that thats a bigger rim and wider tire then stock and i want to keep my tires at least under 20x11x9. i also have my eye on kendas tires, for i want tough 6ply tires like the kendas or xcrs, but i havent been able to choose between the kenda knarlys or klaw xcs. Like i said in my previous thread, i do alot trail riding with some tracks on occasion here and there and wanted to know wat tire is great for traction and strength, and the kendas are a little bit more in my price range...thanks:confused:

ATV Chic
08-17-2007, 02:33 PM
try ITP HOle shot Hd's and look on rockymountainatv.com :) best and cheapest deals, plus free shipping :macho

Colby@C&DRacing
08-17-2007, 02:37 PM
For the money the kenda tires work well they are 6 ply and still have good traction and will last longer than other tires on the market. As for the C series rims when they first came out we asked ITP and they did not recommend them for Jumping as they could break because they are a cast wheel and that doesn't bend it breaks.

08-17-2007, 02:37 PM
C series rims are cast aluminum not spun. They will crack not bend. They are a bad choice unless you are just sand duning or mild trail riding. If you ride hard and tear up rims i would stay away from cast wheels.

I like Razr2 tires the best.

08-17-2007, 02:46 PM
Razrs will outperform any Holeshots. Kenda are supposed to be ood all around too but I would stick with razrs.

yamadog
08-17-2007, 03:04 PM
i had razrs on my 400 and they seemed to not make good hook up, wat rims in a good price range would u consider

yamadog
08-17-2007, 03:08 PM
in my last thread a few people recomended the c series, ive had the douglas red label .190 but the lip on those rims always seem to give in

kawabunga
08-17-2007, 03:24 PM
i ran c-series for a while on my last wheeler, didn't have any major problems. i went to mx tracks, hit all the jumps and never broke one. i bent two separate ones on different occasions so they do bend. they're deffinetly not an mx rims, more for show, but they do hold up to some abuse.

mrhyde
08-17-2007, 03:44 PM
Had a set of 4 itp .190's with razers on my 250r I bought from Rockymountainatv. I paid $350 and loved them. They can be bent, but it isn't easy. When I purchase again, I will buy them again.

yamadog
08-17-2007, 04:58 PM
wat about the kenda knarly or klaw xc

yamadog
08-17-2007, 05:02 PM
which .190s r stronger, douglas's or itps

08-17-2007, 06:11 PM
If you do get aftermarket rims get a rolled edge.

I would buy some take off stock rims on ebay.

yamadog
08-17-2007, 06:34 PM
how about the douglas quad rock rims

oldracer
08-17-2007, 09:08 PM
use your factory honda wheels.
they are much better than a red or black lable.
for tires Razr's are awsome. Hd's are to heavy
and kendas are priced right. and I haven't heard anything bad about them.

flowmasterz
08-19-2007, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by oldracer
use your factory honda wheels.
they are much better than a red or black lable.
for tires Razr's are awsome. Hd's are to heavy
and kendas are priced right. and I haven't heard anything bad about them.

I always liked the razrs until one of my buddies got them and we went riding in southern ohio where the mud is pretty sticky and the razrs seemed like they loaded up with mud and turned into like a drag slick that i would run on my camaro. Thats the only reason i didnt get them and i ended up with holeshots. I have never had a problem with holeshots loading up and they have takin me up any hill ive pointed them at with not a whole lot of slippage. As for the kendas never used them but ive never heard anything bad about them either.

killroy
08-19-2007, 02:54 PM
i run kenda klaws 20" on stock rims and they have lasted longer then any other tire ove ever owned and done anything ive ever needed them to do. great tires

yamadog
08-20-2007, 12:16 PM
are stock rims stronger then the douglas quad rocks

flowmasterz
08-20-2007, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by yamadog
are stock rims stronger then the douglas quad rocks

Not sure if there stronger never had the quadrocks. But stockers are pretty much one of the strongest rims you can have. For some reason the aftermarket just dont make them like they do the stockers.

speedracer450r
08-24-2007, 09:51 PM
stock wheels and kenda klaw xc race with them and there great try not to run them on itp wheels they don't have flat profile. so they are very slide predictable. grip is great had HD's and i love them also but in a different respect they both work great. plus with xc's you get just a bit ground clearance. 2 kendas to 1 hd $

WILSONatv
08-25-2007, 06:52 AM
what about getting the I-razr. they have good hook up and they look great but im not sure about the price seems like alot.

ltothaj1
08-26-2007, 12:11 PM
I have Holeshot HD rears and original RazR fronts on ITP T9 Baja wheels...this is the best combo for me...i have had the Kenda Claw's and they wear really good, last much longer than anything else ive had, but dont have the hook up the HD's do...dont really like any of the RazR rears, originals or the 2's..if u like the factory radials i would try iRazR's they are like a radial but u can get them in 6 ply...u cant beat any of the RazR fronts IMO...the baja wheels are the best bang for the buck..u can get a set of 4 for about 350 on ebay...

86250rrider
03-15-2008, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by ltothaj1
I have Holeshot HD rears and original RazR fronts on ITP T9 Baja wheels...this is the best combo for me...i have had the Kenda Claw's and they wear really good, last much longer than anything else ive had, but dont have the hook up the HD's do...dont really like any of the RazR rears, originals or the 2's..if u like the factory radials i would try iRazR's they are like a radial but u can get them in 6 ply...u cant beat any of the RazR fronts IMO...the baja wheels are the best bang for the buck..u can get a set of 4 for about 350 on ebay...

razr2's for the front cant be beat. i-razr's arent like a radial...they are a radial! haha i run razr2,i-razr,razr all on the rear,but not at the same time!:D

MX MaNiAc 06
03-16-2008, 05:42 PM
I have ran holeshots, razrs and kendas. Holeshots wear way too fast. They dont slide very well either. Razr front tires are my favorite. Rear are decent too. I love kendas. I have ran two sets of rear klaws n plan to buy them again.

reptikes
03-17-2008, 07:19 AM
So far i like RAZR II's the best for all around riding. I might try Kendas next to see how they stack up. And thats out of ITP, Innova, and the cheesy Dunlops.

roundsy
03-17-2008, 09:47 AM
i have kenda knarly 20x11x9 on douglas quadroks and used them all last season for trails/mud, couldnt be happier...upfront i still haven't decided what I will get but it will most likely be razr2 on quadroks