PDA

View Full Version : question about my AC's.....

trx400EXtreme
08-17-2007, 01:48 PM
is there a reason that the left heal guard is angled back more than the right one? are mine the only ones that do that? any feedback would be great.

Scro
08-17-2007, 02:12 PM
I've had a couple sets of AC propegs. None of them lined up exactly right(angled up, back...etc.). And after about a month of riding in the woods, they will both be angled back from trees.

I think I am going to try ProArmor next go around.

blasterandy
08-17-2007, 02:42 PM
i remember my ac's didn't line up on my blaster wen i had em i ended up getting a new pair of non-heal guarded for next to nothing. The old ones were pretty much shot but they worked fine... my 400's PA are perfect... they arn't the easiest to install but the do bolt right up to the frame. They are very sturdy i would recomend them next go around.

trx400EXtreme
08-17-2007, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Scro
I've had a couple sets of AC propegs. None of them lined up exactly right(angled up, back...etc.). And after about a month of riding in the woods, they will both be angled back from trees.

I think I am going to try ProArmor next go around.

yea IMO ac's look the best, but in all honesty, they're junk. pro armor is gonna be my next set too.

exrider49
08-18-2007, 11:39 PM
my ac's are crooked and bent deff. look good...there was sum1 on here posted a thread about how there pro armors broke at the heel guard..im gonna go with rath next there products are really nice and the foot pegs are bad***

JDRider
08-22-2007, 01:34 PM
I've had AC pro pegs on both a Honda 450r and now a KFX 400.

I found the fit to be fine, my only issue is the location of the heel guards where they mount to the nerf bar.

I find the heel of my boots are right against the guard. Hindering my freedom of movement.

Otherwise I like the look and the protection.

JDRider

kraemer
09-06-2007, 06:18 PM
I recently purchased a set of AC Racing Honda 400EX Black Line Pro Pegs (PART #05-5075) and upon mounting I learned they will not clear my tires. I am running 22" ITP Spidertrax on a 400ex w/ a stock swingarm length. I am going to purchase Maxxis Razr 2's in 22" height soon. I was wondering if you have tried to mount these on a bike with either tire configuration, as you know different manufacturers measure differently, some are mounted height some are un mounted height. I have no need to lengthen my swing arm as of now, and I can not run 20" tires with the technical terrain I primarily ride in. (the north east is pretty rocky)

Thank You, for any information you can provide me.

Chris Kraemer
Kraemer01@comcast.net