PDA

View Full Version : Youth ATVA Series Parents: Please Read

mxkids
08-17-2007, 08:35 AM
Is there anything that you would like to see added or changed in the youth atva series for 2008. Please let me know. You can give me a call or post here on the site. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Brandon Tittle
256-766-4789

dodgepower
08-17-2007, 10:28 AM
Brandon,

The only thing i would suggest is that if there is qualifiers even the ones that dont qualify get 1 point. Thats alot of money for people to go to one and if as you know anything can happen and you dont qualify should atleast get something for making the effort ya know.......just my 2 cents worth.....

mxkids
08-17-2007, 10:34 AM
Thanks Dodgepower.

Any and all suggestions would be great. Good, bad, or keep it the same in the class that you are running. Or if you have suggestions for a different class that you think would be good, let us know. This is for all youth riders.

We will keep notes on everyones input and present it to the ATVA.

Brandon and Sonia

mxslevnik69
08-17-2007, 11:50 AM
im a racer not a parent, but i think there should be a four stroke class for the 125s just like in wpsa.

hotquads1
08-17-2007, 12:10 PM
Hi Brandon and Sonia,
what do ya think about dropping the california national and add some thing like florida, I believe there would be much more attendance, not everyone can take a week off work and spend 2500 on gas to go to CA.(if the majority agrees , it may could be changed, right) another idea , if the atva can payout 100,000+ dollars purse out to the pros each year do you think they can scrape up maybe 1000$ scholarship for the youth national champions in each class. just a thought . OK guys the Tittles have given us a chance to voice our Ideas , lets do it now and not wait until the season starts and its too late make changes , thanks to the Tittles for representing the hardworking youth classes.
thanks ,
Marc

drr5
08-17-2007, 12:22 PM
i agree, florida would be a better venue.

hotquads1
08-17-2007, 01:15 PM
Florida? , SC ?, NC ?, Arkansaw ? , Miss ? anywhere but CA..
I dont have anything against CA but they have other series running on the west coast. as far as classes, I dont think we need to add any since we cant fill the gate yet, but the classes we have may could be adjusted and tweaked , I'm concerned for safety at times when I see a new driver age 8 racing with 15 year old skilled veterans, or 6 year olds racing with 11 year old rockets , sonetimes I think this could be endagering both drivers.
I just want all of our kids as safe as possible.
thanks,
Marc

Andyman17dad
08-17-2007, 02:25 PM
Any chance of getting Moto338 (Southwick) Mass. back??? And also still keep Unadilla???!!

kenjolly
08-17-2007, 02:58 PM
What about having different divisions to cut down on the long travel for those of us who live south or north. Maybe a South,Central and a north with a final in a different division each year.

just a thought. Ken Jolly

STOCKRACING917
08-17-2007, 05:16 PM
We agree, closer is better if we are gonna run the whole deal. It is expensive enough.I think closer would bring in more people to run if they know they aren't gonna have to go across the country. Good Idea hotquad.!!!

azextreme
08-17-2007, 05:27 PM
What is the chances of uping the 125cc limitation for the four stroke?? Vs. a 90cc 2stroke the 125 is still under powered. Hondas new dirt bike line for the 4 stroke is a 150r that is taking over for the CR85 it seems that they are gonna have to put the 150's in the same call as the 2stroke 85's!

mxdad423
08-17-2007, 07:50 PM
I like the idea of having a northern and southern division, I would really like to let my son run the Nationals but with my work schedule and the cost of gas these days long travels are just about impossible for us, but if we had a northern and southern series it would probably be possible, I really hope something like this could happen. Thanks for trying to make it better for each indivdual.........

mxdad423
08-17-2007, 07:53 PM
I'm not trying to start a war here but I think upping the four strokes would not be a good idea, I know you said you think your still a llittle underpowered but we have a couple of the Honda 125's that run in our district and the run just as well and sometimes a little better than our 2 stroker's, Thats just my onpinion not trying to make anybody upset...

Livin4Real
08-17-2007, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by azextreme
What is the chances of uping the 125cc limitation for the four stroke?? Vs. a 90cc 2stroke the 125 is still under powered. Hondas new dirt bike line for the 4 stroke is a 150r that is taking over for the CR85 it seems that they are gonna have to put the 150's in the same call as the 2stroke 85's!

You've got to be kidding right? The advancements made for the four-strokes have pushed the playing field towards the hondas now, if anything they need to give the two-strokes some cc's now.

Sorry, back to the topic. :)

mxkids
08-18-2007, 07:11 AM
All suggestions is wanted. Please keep in consideration that we want to help our YOUTH. There has been 212 view and only 13 responses. IF you do not speak up, how can you voice your opion.

We will be putting a letter togeather in about a week. So please keep the comments coming.

We want to help our youth sport grow. There have been some great ideas posted. Until we ask how do you know that you will not get something accomplished. It may not be this year, but it could be for the kids in the future.

Please do not turn this thread into an argument. Everyone has their opion as to what they would like to see changed. You may not agree with what someone would like to see happen, but remember they may not agree with you as well.

Sonia Tittle

ATKnewbie
08-18-2007, 08:30 AM
I really think that creating a North/South/East/West or something similar would really help bring more people out.
My son currently does not race because of the travel committment, there is no way I could get enough time off between this and all his other sports.

Maybe a mildly modded or stock class where the new younger kids could race the new older kids on slightly larger cc quads to compensate for the weight difference. I think this would really help when combined with the above to allow parents and their kids give it a shot without having to build a "race" bike right off. Make the sport more affordable.

STOCKRACING917
08-18-2007, 08:32 AM
Sonia,
Sent you a pm.

jetski_dawg
08-18-2007, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by ATKnewbie
I really think that creating a North/South/East/West or something similar would really help bring more people out.
My son currently does not race because of the travel committment, there is no way I could get enough time off between this and all his other sports.

Maybe a mildly modded or stock class where the new younger kids could race the new older kids on slightly larger cc quads to compensate for the weight difference. I think this would really help when combined with the above to allow parents and their kids give it a shot without having to build a "race" bike right off. Make the sport more affordable. i agree!! with both..keep it more local then have a championship at somewhere more central like loretta lynns...standardize the bikes more..no more cheater motors..same fuel..only safety equipment added.. top 3 or 5 finish automatic teardown.. make it more about the kids abilities instead of the parents wallet size.. i like the scholarship idea also

hotquads1
08-18-2007, 12:32 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ATKnewbie
[B]I really think that creating a North/South/East/West or something similar would really help bring more people out.

the ATVA is divided into regions allready, these hold regional championship series, I know some states such as Alabama are not in a region but most areas are covered by a ATVA region right ? So I am not sure I understand what your suggesting that would be different.
thanks,Marc

orange xtreme
08-18-2007, 01:46 PM
A random tear down or a mandatory tear down would be nice. Not that we think anyone is cheating but in our case it would squash any rumors that we are cheating. IT REALLY TAKES ITS TOLL ON EVERYONE INVOLVED. So we would not have a problem with this idea.

mxkids
08-18-2007, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by STOCKRACING917
Sonia,
Sent you a pm.

Sent you a PM back.

Sonia

STOCKRACING917
08-18-2007, 09:00 PM
Tear downs may or may not become an issue, but if this is put into effect, they need to have a qualified engine mechanic that knows what to look for other than just taking a measurement. Actually they need that now with the fees they charge for protests. If your gonna have to protest for that much money, I'd rather have someone to get the job done and do it right than try to argue me out of going thru with the protest. If your gonna have this rule back it up with knowledgeable personnel.
Just our 2cents.

orange xtreme
08-19-2007, 07:50 AM
We all spend enough money traveling to get back and forth.With a mandatory teardown it should not cost anyone but gaskets and time.
Well thats what i'm thinking cost should be put on them for wanting a standup event.

camsdad
08-19-2007, 09:23 AM
remember guys a tear down or protest isn't performed to prove a rider illegal..its done to prove a rider LEGAL....i agree atleast random teardowns would help with rumors....way too many parents use the term he/she is/must be cheating WAAAAYY TO LOOSELY....orange xtreme i have been in your shoes,just offer a voluntary teardown,that will shut them up...the way the rules are structured a simple measurement is all that is requirred,if the tech man probes deeper hes just trying to find out what you have for his own personal knowledge..

wrhracing
08-19-2007, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by camsdad
remember guys a tear down or protest isn't performed to prove a rider illegal..its done to prove a rider LEGAL....i agree atleast random teardowns would help with rumors....way too many parents use the term he/she is/must be cheating WAAAAYY TO LOOSELY....orange xtreme i have been in your shoes,just offer a voluntary teardown,that will shut them up...the way the rules are structured a simple measurement is all that is requirred,if the tech man probes deeper hes just trying to find out what you have for his own personal knowledge..

I agree with this 100%.
Disclose bore and stroke but don't be forced or tricked in to showing ports, engine cases, etc.
Even a head design will tell a story to the trained eye.

There are a few parents that do not know how to do a top end assembly. I guess they will need to start learning.

My only hope for the rules is that they do not eliminate the CVT Classes.

quadnana7
08-19-2007, 11:15 AM
We ran 11 out of 12 of the Nationals this year and we would like to see California, Texas and New York out of the series but I know that is wishful thinking to get rid of all of them but maybe 2 out of 3 would be good. With the price of fuel these days it is hard to get to the races and keep the bikes up to date and running I know some people have the misconception that we are mini quads and it doesn't cost as much for our bikes (ha Ha) those are the people who have never ran a mini Quad. Just ask anyone who runs a youth class. Right Brandon and Sonia.
You have asked if anyone has any ideas well there was something that came up a lot this year that made me so angry and that was if you are in the winning circle then you are illegal well I have always said if you think they are illegal put your money where your mouth is or shut-up. My suggestion is and I know a lot of people are not going to agree with me on this one is have a random check , a computer pick or draw a name out of the hat whatever that way you never know if you are going to be broke down and it will keep those that are running illegal honest and if you are already legal you never have anything to worry about. Hopefully something like that could keep everyone honest and let the kids all be on the same playing field with the better of the rider winning or luckiest rider (thats the one that don't break more moto's than they finish) These are our youth out there and we as parents or grandparents need to set good examples for them. They are our future Pros and if we don't set good examples in the early years then what can we expect them to do as adults. Well I have said my piece and I hope yall don't get mad at me but this is what this forum is about voicing your ideas.
On another more happy note did everyone see the press release on ATV motocross if not we are happy to announce that we gave away over $40,000 in prizes at the Youth Quad Program at Loretta's we are already working on next year and if any company would like to commit please contact me or the McConnell's and parents we also will need help our goal is to triple it next year bigger and better gift bags for everyone and bigger and more prizes to be drawn. I would like to thank everyone who stepped up and helped this year we couldn't have done it without everyones help. THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU:D

quadnana7
08-19-2007, 11:23 AM
We ran 11 out of 12 of the Nationals this year and we would like to see California, Texas and New York out of the series but I know that is wishful thinking to get rid of all of them but maybe 2 out of 3 would be good. With the price of fuel these days it is hard to get to the races and keep the bikes up to date and running I know some people have the misconception that we are mini quads and it doesn't cost as much for our bikes (ha Ha) those are the people who have never ran a mini Quad. Just ask anyone who runs a youth class. Right Brandon and Sonia.
You have asked if anyone has any ideas well there was something that came up a lot this year that made me so angry and that was if you are in the winning circle then you are illegal well I have always said if you think they are illegal put your money where your mouth is or shut-up. My suggestion is and I know a lot of people are not going to agree with me on this one is have a random check , a computer pick or draw a name out of the hat whatever that way you never know if you are going to be broke down and it will keep those that are running illegal honest and if you are already legal you never have anything to worry about. Hopefully something like that could keep everyone honest and let the kids all be on the same playing field with the better of the rider winning or luckiest rider (thats the one that don't break more moto's than they finish) These are our youth out there and we as parents or grandparents need to set good examples for them. They are our future Pros and if we don't set good examples in the early years then what can we expect them to do as adults. Well I have said my piece and I hope yall don't get mad at me but this is what this forum is about voicing your ideas.
On another more happy note did everyone see the press release on ATV motocross if not we are happy to announce that we gave away over $40,000 in prizes at the Youth Quad Program at Loretta's we are already working on next year and if any company would like to commit please contact me and parents we also will need help our goal is to triple it next year bigger and better gift bags for everyone and bigger and more prizes to be drawn. I would like to thank everyone who stepped up and helped this year we couldn't have done it without everyones help. THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU:D

Bayman111
08-19-2007, 12:13 PM
My suggestions as a rider would be Cut out Glen Helen, Unadilla, and Oak Hill, just too expensive to get there for my family and other family's alike. My last suggestion would be add some youth classes to the TV series. That would make any youth rider's day to see him/herself on TV. Make the TV showes longer and better quality, like WPSA.

My 2 cents, Bailey Howard

i-zapp
08-19-2007, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Bayman111
My suggestions as a rider would be Cut out Glen Helen, Unadilla, and Oak Hill, just too expensive to get there for my family and other family's alike.

..,. or just cut down the number of required races to, say, best 6 or 7 races of 12, for youth classes. that way you can skip the tx and ca races and still have a few throwaways due to the kids' many schedule conflicts (like school!).

kenjolly
08-19-2007, 05:50 PM
If you had a north and south div of atva and ran a 8 race schedule you would end up with 16 total races. you would also be able to use more tracks in your Division thus helping out more tracks owners and cut down on the length of traval ,which seems to be the biggest concern. we plan to run SOME of the schedule next yyear but cant make all of them do to time,money,school and some kind of life other than racing. my wife made me put the last one in.

cant wait to meet some of you next year.

thanks Ken Jolly

dion
08-19-2007, 08:03 PM
the mandatory tear down imho is silly i dont do my engine
work which means i would have to send it to my builder
pay for the parts plus shipping back i dont think tear down
fees will cover that plus thats alot to do with such a short time between race weekends and you can put your sons and or
daughters on the best equipment money can buy but you cant buy ridding skills some kids are better than others no matter what they ride thats just life i would like to see a four stroke only class also

bulldogfallon
08-19-2007, 10:37 PM
Regionally based events would most likely increase participation quite a bit and potentially allow more tracks to get involved on a national level instead of competing against them.

Today's economy makes it hard to even compete on a local level for a lot parents.

How about having some training at the local events? I see many local racers that get their quads pushed beyond their limits, but not a lot of focus on actually riding technique.

An MX school at national events could attract more newcomers to the sport and also help increase the safety level of the attending riders....

I am sure they feel the pressure to win by their parents..

Education and increased safety seems like good ways to promote the sport and the series.

WOLFPACK
08-20-2007, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by bulldogfallon
Regionally based events would most likely increase participation quite a bit and potentially allow more tracks to get involved on a national level instead of competing against them.

Today's economy makes it hard to even compete on a local level for a lot parents.

How about having some training at the local events? I see many local racers that get their quads pushed beyond their limits, but not a lot of focus on actually riding technique.

An MX school at national events could attract more newcomers to the sport and also help increase the safety level of the attending riders....

I am sure they feel the pressure to win by their parents..

Education and increased safety seems like good ways to promote the sport and the series. Gary, We have instructors that we have sent to other areas to hold riding/racing schools. We'd support your idea in any way we can. It is such a tight schedule at the nationals that i'm not sure how they'd fit it in. We've tried to fit a school in at local track on race weekends and it just didn't work out. But, if there is a way we'd be willing!

Maybe we could come to Florida and hold a class in your area?

Shane

bulldogfallon
08-20-2007, 04:19 AM
Please come to FL....

This topic was actually discussed yesterday at the track..

I think it would be great....

Thank you

kenjolly
08-20-2007, 07:03 AM
WOLFPACK,When it gets to cold up north pack up your quads and come down here and lets put together a weekend school. we have Bike schools but nobody wants to jump on the quads and do it. I will help in any way and time to help our kids ride safer and faster,

drr5
08-20-2007, 07:46 AM
the off seaon right after christmas would be ideal, a decent number of pros are here training , maybe someone could get a few of them to share the experiance and knowledge, i know the kids would love it and we as parents would certianly participate,we have met a few pros down here and they have all been great, my oldest even shared skittles with john natalie he thought that was cool.

mxmike17
08-20-2007, 09:38 AM
Texas is an awsome track! Keep it!

I agree on the age group. 6 to 12 is quite a gap.

I would like to see that split.

Andyman17dad
08-20-2007, 10:00 AM
I would suggest that the 2 50 classes be a A/B instead of by age. There are alot of 6-8 yr olds out there with DRX 50's that just don't stand a chance against the Cobras.

dodgepower
08-20-2007, 10:47 AM
Im with mxmike..........Keep texas.......its one of the closer ones believe it or not for us. Bring one to MS or LA and now we are talking:))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

kenjolly
08-20-2007, 02:01 PM
I think someone touched on it earlier about the 50cc A and B class. This would be nice to see in the 70cc production class as well do to the 7-11yr old's thats a big age difference. the younger kids will not have much of a chance of doing well for sometime.

hotquads1
08-20-2007, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by kenjolly
I think someone touched on it earlier about the 50cc A and B class. This would be nice to see in the 70cc production class as well do to the 7-11yr old's thats a big age difference. the younger kids will not have much of a chance of doing well for sometime.

that class is actually 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11years old and some of those will be 12 years old by the time the season starts , so it is quiet a range on the track at 1 time. doesn't seem like a fair match-up does it.

jetski_dawg
08-20-2007, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by dion
the mandatory tear down imho is silly i dont do my engine
work which means i would have to send it to my builder
pay for the parts plus shipping back i dont think tear down
fees will cover that plus thats alot to do with such a short time between race weekends and you can put your sons and or
daughters on the best equipment money can buy but you cant buy ridding skills some kids are better than others no matter what they ride thats just life i would like to see a four stroke only class also why would that be silly??every other motorsport has manditory tear downs from go-carts to nascar..and your right ,you cant buy a kids ability, but thats what it should be about.. a CVT cant compete against a cobra..its like a hyundai against a ferarri.. dont get me wrong i would love to give my kids cobras to ride but my family would be better served if i spent $8000 plus on a good used car to get me back and forth to work

77racerdad
08-20-2007, 03:55 PM
I would like to see the 90 cvt class cut to 8 to 11 12 to 15. or some type of a,b,c, class. well i don't if would work some one might not know what class to put them in. I know at L,L IT WAS THE 1ST BIG RACE . I PUT TREVOR IN 90CC 8-11 CLASS HE IS 9 . I THOUGHT 8 TO 11 HE MIGHT BE OK OTHER THEN 8 TO 15. BOY""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" WAS I WAY OFF. THE COBRAS AND THE 125 TORE HIM UP. AND LIKE ALL OTHERS MAYBE PUT IN SOME TYPE OF DIVISONS. WE LIVE IN WESTERN KY AND HAVE NO TIME OR MONEY TO RUN TO TX , NY, CA. WE HAD GREAT TIME AT LL AND THANK YOU ALL THAT PUT IT ON FOR THE KIDS. WE DID NOT GET TO MEET ALOT YOU THAT RUN ALL OF THEM BUT WE DID HAVE GOOD TIME. WOULD BE COOL IF THEY PARK ALL KIDS IN THE SAME SPOT

mxkids
08-20-2007, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by jetski_dawg
why would that be silly??every other motorsport has manditory tear downs from go-carts to nascar..and your right ,you cant buy a kids ability, but thats what it should be about.. a CVT cant compete against a cobra..its like a hyundai against a ferarri.. dont get me wrong i would love to give my kids cobras to ride but my family would be better served if i spent $8000 plus on a good used car to get me back and forth to work

OK, I am totaly lost on this one. They already have a 70 CVT 90 CVT and a 50 stock limited.

Not everyone can aford to have their motors tore apart. Track personel is prob. not going to have the staff to do this. But we will make all suggestions that come in.

Sonia

Dirtblast
08-20-2007, 09:59 PM
I like the idea of a tear down for the winner. If some think the cost of a tear down is costly, then hold the winner at tech(w/out going to the pits) until enough parents,riders,owners,etc. pay the predetermined cost. The cost shouldn't be much either, just enough for a gasket kit and some for the tech person. If not enough money is payed in the alotted time( say 10 min. after the race) then the rider doesn't have to tear down. If checked and found legal then the money is split(as predetermined with rider and tech official). If found illegal then the rider gets no money and the tech official gets predetermined amount and the rest can go into a contingency fund for that class. This should deter illegal motors. Also if rider is found illegal then refer to the rule book. The cost should be different for the youth and adult classes. I really don't understand why any class that gets paid doesn't have a mandatory tear down of the top three.These aren't local races they are the Nationals!! So if you come to race The Nationls you better be legal if you win. just my .02

Livin4Real
08-20-2007, 10:47 PM
Tear downs now run around $200 I believe for both atva and wpsa. This is enough to cover the tech and gaskets/time for the racer. If it was cheaper then you'd just have grudge teardowns for no real reason. If someone REALLY believes someone is illegal then they should have no problem paying the teardown fee but alot of folks just like to complain and not give the riders any credit at all. The frontrunners at nats are fast..period whether they're on a cobra or a worn out p.o.s. they can ride the wheels off anything. Give the kids some credit when they win.

DoubleDad
08-21-2007, 03:24 PM
why would that be silly??every other motorsport has manditory tear downs from go-carts to nascar..and your right ,you cant buy a kids ability, but thats what it should be about.. a CVT cant compete against a cobra..its like a hyundai against a ferarri.. dont get me wrong i would love to give my kids cobras to ride but my family would be better served if i spent $8000 plus on a good used car to get me back and forth to work

A good 90 cvt costs at least $8000.00. I know, I've got three of them..................... wanna buy one?

racedad26
08-21-2007, 06:48 PM
Do something about the cost period. Gas is crazy and parts are nuts. They cant control gas, parts,or drive time off work but they control gate fees at these events. Maybe it would be easier to hit a few more events if it did not cost so much to attend. Other than that split 90 cvt in 2, keep 70 shifters(or mods) legal. Tanks Sonja for your guys help... Peace

jetski_dawg
08-21-2007, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by DoubleDad
A good 90 cvt costs at least $8000.00. I know, I've got three of them..................... wanna buy one? lol...no thanks..ive got three money pits of my own..a polaris,an Adly, and a DRR.. the DRR has been the best from a starting point and at $2300, its alot better than starting at $8000...

jetski_dawg
08-21-2007, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by mxkids
OK, I am totaly lost on this one. They already have a 70 CVT 90 CVT and a 50 stock limited.

Not everyone can aford to have their motors tore apart. Track personel is prob. not going to have the staff to do this. But we will make all suggestions that come in.

Sonia i was responding to an earlier port about having the best equipment.. didnt mean to lose ya or be off topic.... but as a kid i raced go-carts and the first three had the top end measured at the end of the race.....not everyone can afford to drive to CA either.. but if they do, there should be no doubt that they are going up against other true 90cc engines instead of 110cc cheater motors... thanks for listening to my suggestions

mxkids
08-21-2007, 09:12 PM
i was responding to an earlier port about having the best equipment.. didnt mean to lose ya or be off topic.... but as a kid i raced go-carts and the first three had the top end measured at the end of the race.....not everyone can afford to drive to CA either.. but if they do, there should be no doubt that they are going up against other true 90cc engines instead of 110cc cheater motors... thanks for listening to my suggestions

Got ya, I just wanted to make sure I was not missing something.

Sonia

mxkids
08-22-2007, 10:27 AM
Guy,

I got your message.

Hope to see you this fall.

Sonia

mxkids
08-25-2007, 09:27 AM
Than you for all the comments that come in. We will put present all the informatin that we recieved to the ATVA next week. I am not sure when we will know if and what will change. I will keep you posted as we know more.

Brandon and Sonia

guy310
08-31-2007, 07:39 AM
I wanted to comment on the 4-stroke vs. two stroke thing. I think the first poster was talking about the 90 mod class where a currently available legal 4 stroke could not compete. In the other 90 classes where you have DRR's and the like competing against the Honda or Xtreme 125's, I think these are pretty even. We have an Xtreme 125 and have never felt underpowered. I have also seen some very fast Honda 125's. They each have their advantages and disadvantages but I think they are fairly matched.

dirttrack86
08-31-2007, 06:15 PM
I can only speak for the 50 class, that's the only one I know anything about. I like the idea of a 6-8 prod. cvt. They have it in the TT racing, and it has really helped my rider get used to the speed and power of the cobra and get used to going faster in general. And, although we started early, I would be willing to say that 60-75 % of parents don't get their kids quads untill 6 or 8 years old. This class gives them a chance to try racing without buying and putting a beginner rider on a cobra or eqivilent.
As far as teardowns, some say yay, some say nay. I say a compromise. After a third win in a class, the head is removed to check cc's. This takes less than five minutes and less than five bucks to do on a DRX or a Cobra. That way all rumors are killed, everyone gets along better and everyone can work on making faster quads instead of faster rumurs. LOL.
I think all tracks should stay, I can't make it to all of them, but this is Nationals after all. Not localls, not regionals, not ARCA, Busch, All-Pro, or Craftsman Truck series. This is Winston-Cup. The best of the best, cream of the crop. Sacrifices have to be and should be made. It teaches that it takes dedication and hard work to be the best, not handed to us like welfare moochers or border jumpers. I run on less money than anyone at a national, yet we manage to make it somehow, so it's not undoable. however, I do agree that more drops should be added for youth classes. Not because of travel, but because of school. Education and morals are much more important than racing. After all, we don't want to end up with brains like Mike Gleason or Brandon Tittle. LOL. ROFLMAO. :D :D :D :p :p :p JUST KIDDING !!!!
Just some of my thoughts, so you need to do the opposite of everything I said because I always do everything wrong. lol.

PS Water balloon fights should be added to all Nationals. :blah:

gmland
09-04-2007, 01:03 PM
Thanks Sonia - we look forward to seeing ya'll as well!

My suggestion was to add the Supermini class that the WPSA now offers - 105cc 2- stroke to 150cc 4-stroke and keep the ages between 12-15 years old.

mxmike17
09-05-2007, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by dirttrack86
After all, we don't want to end up with brains like Mike Gleason or Brandon Tittle. LOL. ROFLMAO. :D :D :D :p :p :p JUST KIDDING !!!!

Eye dident due badd n skool. Eye a veryy edjuamacated inavidual.
:D

LT80
09-07-2007, 07:56 AM
All I can say is good luck.
I'll play the devils advocate on this so you can be prepared. ( be prepared with answers to their replys).
First off, remember that we are on mini quads and we are at the bottom of the totem pole. We deserve no respect.
Eliminate races: 1) I and all others (well us easties anyways) do not want Cali. The big quad ppl couldn't get it out. We're stuck there now.
2)why eliminate? They (atvpg) has alrteady given you 4 throw outs compared to 3 for others.

Classes: they did listen AND added a CVT class. This may be enough to them.

150cc supermini's: this consept was from 1 motor builder. The same builder was the one behind the 125cc honda's. An admitted mistake. When do we as parents say enough is enough as far as putting your child on a rocket ship. AND wasn't the previous rockets fast enough?

No money: too much money:not fair: waaaaaa...This is what local races are for. The problem may arrise if your AMA district don't run quads (like district 5). THAT SUCKS!
When your child wins locally, indeed step up to the nationals.

Teardowns:: "oh boy"LOL The current system would work well if the ref would go by the rules to the letter. Yes this means an imediate impounding of the quad. The quad is to be in a private area that can be seen by all but not touched.
I indeed think they got expierienced ppl to do any teardown that I've heard of.
It really is as simple as "put up or shut up".

SO, who are you going to with these recomendations?
ATVA? ATVPG?
ATVA will say they are a santioning body and all rules are decided by AMA congress. ATVPG looks at what the AMA congress votes on and adds/deletes rules as they see fit.

These are some of the reply's you may get.
Again, I wish you luck. :)

bracey
09-07-2007, 04:17 PM
would love to see a class for the 150 quad