PDA

View Full Version : Gas Tank Colors

sonorarider
08-16-2007, 10:32 PM
Just wanted to hear people out in regards to gas tank colors, i've heard that white and natural colors fade quickly and also u tend to notice the scratches alot easier, my local mechanic here in sonora recommended i go with black, what do you all think... gracias...

mx1791
08-16-2007, 10:47 PM
well my gas tank is black and it shows scratches alot. i would thing like clear/whiteish wouldnt scratch

sonorarider
08-17-2007, 08:10 AM
thank u very much, ill look into it, i am also concerned with the fading color or the white and natural becoming yellowish...

svahle
08-17-2007, 03:00 PM
I recommend white. If you make any effort at all to keep it clean and avoid spilling gas on it, white stays nice for a long time and doesn't show scratches. Black both fades and shows every little scratch (just like a black car). Silver is also a good color that doesn't fade that bad and doesn't show scratches. Blues and Reds fade and show scratches. Yellow isn't too bad (if you like yellow). Clear I haven't had personal experience with but I suspect it would yellow over time.

Also, what quad is this for? Are you talking about the actual tank or the tank cover. I assume you meant the actual tank, but thought I would ask. If you are talking about a tank cover, you might consider carbon fiber.

sonorarider
08-17-2007, 04:19 PM
thank u very much for the examples, and its for a 89 banshee mostly ride desert trails and dunes out here in the sonoran desert...

TRX450RACER174
08-17-2007, 05:11 PM
We have a IMS natural tank on our YFZ and it has held up great, been on there for a year no discoloration at all.