PDA

View Full Version : My DMC Alien just arrived! I need opinions.

Hondamaster5505
08-16-2007, 03:24 PM
It just came in the door. I dont have time to install it these next couple days, but i wanna know what people think about this pipe..
1. How loud is it?
2. What kinda power gains
3. Where does it make its power?
(low-mid/mid-top)

Any opinions i would love to hear, will also post another thread when i install it and dial it in with the jetting.

Hondamaster5505
08-16-2007, 04:38 PM
come on, no one knows anything about this pipe???

ride-to-live
08-16-2007, 05:01 PM
1. How loud is it? - mid range depending on your piston
2. What kinda power gains - depends
3. Where does it make its power? - where ever other pipes make there power... these questions are to hard to answer unless you have a stock 400ex and know the stock hp and then put the alien on and then you answer yourself ...

1.How loud was my quads pipe..
2.Man that power was.....
3.Wow i like how the quad gain power in ......

just stuff like that.. when you put it on and stuff with the pipe on you will know... but i really dont care for the pipes.

-Anyways best of luck to you...

Hondamaster5505
08-16-2007, 05:06 PM
yeah, well thats why i was kinda looking for someone that already has this setup. Like i know the stock hp is 28, stock db's are like 83-88, and its mainly low end power w/ stock pipe. Well, as soon as i get it on and dial it in, ill just tell everyone my personal opinion of it. everyone seems to know this stuff about the hmf and crap cuz DMC doesnt put themself out there.

Kaleigh
08-16-2007, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Hondamaster5505
yeah, well thats why i was kinda looking for someone that already has this setup. Like i know the stock hp is 28, stock db's are like 83-88, and its mainly low end power w/ stock pipe. Well, as soon as i get it on and dial it in, ill just tell everyone my personal opinion of it. everyone seems to know this stuff about the hmf and crap cuz DMC doesnt put themself out there.

this probably sounds rude.. so sorry in advance.. why dont you just it on and find out.. since you have already bought it and have it..

honestly I dont really see the point of asking if you already own it and are not looking for something else..

you're right about HMF.. its cause everyone and their cousin has one..

Hondamaster5505
08-16-2007, 05:56 PM
I understand.. but, the reason im asking people even though i allready have it, is because i dont have the time to do it and dial it in the next 2 weeks or so. Im asking cuz im dying to know what it can do, and i cant install it for a while...

Rip_Tear
08-16-2007, 06:04 PM
I don't have the pipe, but I know it will up your mid and mostly your top end. Reasonable power gains, nothing out of ordinary. Sounds pretty decent if I remember correctly.

Hondamaster5505
08-16-2007, 06:09 PM
Thats good, i wanted a top end pipe.

EX LONERIDER
08-16-2007, 08:27 PM
Thats good, i wanted a top end pipe.

this is just personal experience... but this is a top end pipe. with a bike that was mainly meant to be a low end grunt bike, i noticed the one i did an install on had a lag to the powerband. however, it did have a nice sound to it... distinct from the rest of the pipes ive heard on stock bikes. a bit loud for my taste.... i go on long rides and on the test ride it got old after 30 minutes... gave me a headache:( but, to each his own... you may love it!only you will know if you love it or not.... we cant tell you that.:D

Hondamaster5505
08-16-2007, 08:49 PM
what do you mean, "a lag to the powerband" Because since it is a low end grunt bike, it lagged top, which i do alot of hillclimbs, so i need top and mid. i figured it wouldnt loose that much bottom. But what do you mean "a lag to the powerband"

EX LONERIDER
08-16-2007, 09:54 PM
what do you mean, "a lag to the powerband" Because since it is a low end grunt bike, it lagged top, which i do alot of hillclimbs, so i need top and mid. i figured it wouldnt loose that much bottom. But what do you mean "a lag to the powerband"

when i did this one, it had a lag... in otherwords it didnt have the "snap" off the bottom that they have initially. these pipes have a really high flow so my guess was too little back pressure off bottom. keep in mind this bike i did was stock other then the pipe system and a K&N. im sure if you do a cam, sparks degree key along with your pipe and a good filter, you wont even notice, or for that matter have that "lag" this one had.

now, if i remember right, the DMC alien has individual pipes per exhaust port all the way back right? i currently have a Duncan racing Fat Boy 4 system on mine and it runs a similar header/exhaust system as the alien. mine however goes from 2 into 1 right before the muffler. the DMC runs em individually all the way out the back wich is where i guess the diffrence is at. mine has a wiseco 440 kit with a stage 2 hotcams in it, sparks key, porting, K&N and a few other goodies but it is a torque beast and real snappy! i cant imagine yours running too diffrently except for the added torque of the bigger bore.

if you want a second opinion on what you are doing... have a buddy ride it before you install the pipe. then you ride it. do the pipe, rejet and then do another ride test and see what you feel and compare it to what your buddy sais to get a gauge on what changed.

Hondamaster5505
08-17-2007, 09:21 AM
ok, thanks for the info. Actually, lol. since i was so impatient, I made it into a slip on for now. The bottom pipe on the sliencer slips into the stock pipe. I capped off the top tube. (the one not being used) and this thing sound sick! Im so used to the stock sewing machine noise. I only did this cuz its quicker, and i have less chace of it overheating until i rejet and add full system.

EX LONERIDER
08-17-2007, 09:00 PM
ok, thanks for the info. Actually, lol. since i was so impatient, I made it into a slip on for now. The bottom pipe on the sliencer slips into the stock pipe. I capped off the top tube. (the one not being used) and this thing sound sick! Im so used to the stock sewing machine noise. I only did this cuz its quicker, and i have less chace of it overheating until i rejet and add full system.

:ermm: ............... i hope you dont intend on riding it that way. just take the 15 minutes and put it all on the right way. it wont hurt your bike if you ride it once or twice without the jetting. just jet it as soon as you get the chance. do it right bud.

Hondamaster5505
08-18-2007, 12:01 PM
just installed full pipe last night since i got time to. just gonna adjust the clip till i have time to fully jet & dial it.

EX LONERIDER
08-18-2007, 01:58 PM
just installed full pipe last night since i got time to. just gonna adjust the clip till i have time to fully jet & dial it.

thats cool.. did it sound any better/diffrent??

Hondamaster5505
08-18-2007, 05:52 PM
yeah, it sounds sick, im allready pissing off my neighbors though..
lmao. I took her for a ride on my street today, and holy sheep s.h.i.t. It revs so much free'er and has much more of a top end pull. And i didnt even jet it yet. Im very happy with the outcome, and also, it didnt take away bottom at all. it just sorta raised top. Will it be even quicker once i jet it?