PDA

View Full Version : Bore kit or?? please read..

yellow400ex05
08-15-2007, 11:22 PM
I'm debating on wether I should do my rebuild all at once or get a bore kit or high compression piston.

Should i get the high compression piston first or the 416 kit? Which one would require the HD head studs to ensure reliability? I want the one that will give me hard hitting power that will keep pulling till the redline, Would a high comp do best first with the mods in my sig or would the 416 kit be better. I want to save the one that will cost more to put in to save the reliability..

or should i wait and do it all at once?

Colby@C&DRacing
08-16-2007, 09:16 AM
you already have a cam filter and exhaust I would add a 416 10.8:1 compression you don't need the head studs just make sure you torque the head 4-5 more ft lbs than stock specification.

cbrooks118
08-17-2007, 12:26 PM
I agree, but while you have it tore down, you should also get some mild porting/polish done. Big bores are nice, but without head work you arent going to get the full potential.

To give you an example my good friend has the 440kit on his and his brother has the 416 w head work, and the 416 smokes him all day. They both also have full exhaust

honda300EXtreme
08-17-2007, 12:34 PM
yea, you might as well do the 416 kit now... it will work out good because you will have good power, and it will still be reliable,

and as colby said you dont need hd studs with the 416...

and yes, if budget allows i would look into some port and flow work..

also i would throw in a hd cam chain for added insurance