PDA

View Full Version : AMA Pro Invite

Fred55
08-15-2007, 08:43 PM
The list of riders looks good, BUT I noticed no John Natalie! Anybody know why he wasnt listed?

OutlawBill
08-15-2007, 08:57 PM
Byrd in not there all so, It should be the top18 :confused: John has a race in France

08-15-2007, 11:57 PM
Weird no Nataile. But good for Mike Brown. He's a local around where I race.

Ralph
08-16-2007, 12:11 AM
Im sure natalie and byrd arent running it because they dont want to risk getting injured in another meaningless race when they have the WPSA/ATVA MX championship on the line.

Ralph
08-16-2007, 12:12 AM
For the people to lazy to check the homepage (shame on you) here is the list of riders.

Kawasaki :
Josh Creamer
Josh Upperman
Jason Luburgh

Yamaha:
Pat Brown
Travis Spader
Richard Pelchat
Cody Miller
Hunter Miller

Honda:
Jeremy Lawson
Keith Little
Mike Brown
Justin Bres
Rocco Arno

Suzuki:
Doug Gust
Chad Wienen
Dustin Wimmer
Kory Ellis
Russell Shumaker

Lost Creek Cycle:
Joe Haavisto
Jason Dunkelberger

Alternates:
Cale Downen
Sage Baker

smr
08-16-2007, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Ralph
Im sure natalie and byrd arent running it because they dont want to risk getting injured in another meaningless race when they have the WPSA/ATVA MX championship on the line.

Meaningless.....:confused: Dude this one race pays as much to win as the atva championship does. I would hardly call it meaningless.

and besides...Byrd is not running WPSA and the ATVA GNC is over.

I think nobody invited Byrd.

Ralph
08-16-2007, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by smr
Meaningless.....:confused: Dude this one race pays as much to win as the atva championship does. I would hardly call it meaningless.

and besides...Byrd is not running WPSA and the ATVA GNC is over.

I think nobody invited Byrd.

Yeah, i wasnt thinking about the atva mx being over but i will bet that natalie isnt running it because the title will be worth more than the money he wins from the one race. Its not worth it to risk injury. Its not ALL about the money.

treake
08-16-2007, 01:27 PM
Byrd had already scheduled a riding school well in advance before this was announced.

Natalie has a race in Europe

Just in case Goodman came up, he apparently has a TT race that weekend.

Ralph
08-16-2007, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by treake
Byrd had already scheduled a riding school well in advance before this was announced.

Natalie has a race in Europe

Just in case Goodman came up, he apparently has a TT race that weekend.

there we go. I guess i lost a bet! thanks for clearing it up. Either way it should still be an exciting event! Im gonna do my best to go.

DEAL
08-16-2007, 05:31 PM
go Pelchat!

NTPRacing#19
08-16-2007, 06:23 PM
i wouldnt invite byrd either hes an absolute dick

smr
08-16-2007, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by NTPRacing#19
i wouldnt invite byrd either hes an absolute dick

:D ...I must agree. He can say that he had a class schedule for that weekend but I really don't think he was invited. Remember a few years ago when they ran the race in Florida during the Great outdoors games? It was invitation only and I don't think he got invited.

Joe Byrd may be the ATVA two time champion but that but he still hasn't earned the respect of his fellow racers.

I wish Natalie was gonna be there but you are correct, he is racing in Europe.

Ralph
08-16-2007, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by smr
:D ...I must agree. He can say that he had a class schedule for that weekend but I really don't think he was invited. Remember a few years ago when they ran the race in Florida during the Great outdoors games? It was invitation only and I don't think he got invited.

Joe Byrd may be the ATVA two time champion but that but he still hasn't earned the respect of his fellow racers.

I wish Natalie was gonna be there but you are correct, he is racing in Europe.

The invitations are given to the OEM's so they can pick who they want to send. I think honda would send one of their top riders if they could. Stop acting silly.

smr
08-17-2007, 08:34 AM
acting silly....:cool: ....how well do you know Byrd? I meet him for the first time at a track called Chanlers Chappel about 12 years ago and I still don't have much respect for him.

Ralph
08-17-2007, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by smr
acting silly....:cool: ....how well do you know Byrd? I meet him for the first time at a track called Chanlers Chappel about 12 years ago and I still don't have much respect for him.

Could you please understand that it doesnt have much to do with the likability of the rider that gets him to the gate?

AMA Pro ATV hands out 4-5 invitations to each OEM (Ie. Honda). Honda then chooses the riders they wish to send.

You really dont think Honda wants one of their best riders there, "because hes mean!"? Factory racing is about winning races on sunday and selling bikes on monday.

just look at his riding school page itself. "August 25th-26th Group Lesson. "

Just in case you think he may of put that in there last minute as an excuse, through the power of google, joe byrds riding school website on july 31st: http://72.14.205.104/search?q=cache:XUvI1Fp9cF4J:joebyrd.com/school.html+Joe+Byrd+Riding+School&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=2&gl=us

FUELATV
08-17-2007, 11:09 AM
Dick or not ...... he is one of the fasted riders right now. Its to bad him and natalie wont be there.

Ralph
08-17-2007, 11:57 AM
The newly crowned 2007 AMA Pro Racing ATV Motocross Champion Joe Byrd was also invited to attend. Unfortunately, due to scheduling conflicts, Joe will not be able to attend. "The main reason [I won't be there] is I have a school scheduled for that weekend, and I didn’t have enough time to reschedule it," Byrd said. "I played with the idea of trying to change the school, and I made some phone calls because I got a lot of people showing up for that thing; a lot of people already had vacation time set. I even had one guy say, 'I already bought a bike for that school.' So I’d feel really bad canceling that school. It may hurt me in the future, but I'm all for it. I wish I could be there. I’m 100% behind it. I think a lot of top Pros will show up for that event, so I really hope it goes over well."

trick450r
08-17-2007, 03:55 PM
um i have met byrd a ton of times and hes been awsome to me. i dont know whats up with you guys but he was totally cool towards me

quad2xtreme
08-17-2007, 04:29 PM
I've been thinking about going to Joe's school so I can learn how to block Dan Harris from getting around me. Damn it...he always takes the inside line on me...even if he has to go off the track. :eek2: ;)Joe is the master of technique. He uses that engine to get the holeshot and then just keeps everyone from passing most of the time.

I definitely think Honda would want him representing if he could make it. Nothing against all the riders but it looks like Suzuki has a stacked deck...even Dunk is riding a Suzuki so that is like having at least 6. I keep waiting by the phone for Kawasaki to call. :D

Ralph
08-17-2007, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
I've been thinking about going to Joe's school so I can learn how to block Dan Harris from getting around me. Damn it...he always takes the inside line on me...even if he has to go off the track. :eek2: ;)Joe is the master of technique. He uses that engine to get the holeshot and then just keeps everyone from passing most of the time.

I definitely think Honda would want him representing if he could make it. Nothing against all the riders but it looks like Suzuki has a stacked deck...even Dunk is riding a Suzuki so that is like having at least 6. I keep waiting by the phone for Kawasaki to call. :D

Yeah, suzuki is stacked. Id like to see someone like rocco arno jr making it into the front. Also wouldnt mind brown getting a big win here.

What is really exciting is the WPSA on sunday. Natalie is only 2 points ahead so its going to be a very exciting round.