PDA

View Full Version : first crash

Sparky_20
08-15-2007, 08:10 PM
well i avoided nailing my friend in the side today by turning too sharp, too fast. It threw me off and bent the steering stem and the handlebars. I still had to ride 13 miles out, that sucked. I also noticed that the right front tire has a lot of camber compared to the left front. As in the top of the tire is tilted in. I know there is a plethor of things that could be bent. Both A-arms and ball joints look ok. The spindle isnt wobbling so im assuming its not bent. What else could it be? The rim also doesnt wobble

400exwheelieboy
08-15-2007, 08:16 PM
check out the tie rods that happened to me

Sparky_20
08-15-2007, 08:32 PM
thanks for the reply. Tie rods wont affect camber, they affect toe....

400exstud
08-15-2007, 09:29 PM
Nope. Some how the spindle has to be bent upwards. Perhaps the arms bent when they connect with the spindle?

Sparky_20
08-15-2007, 09:42 PM
I will take the tire off tomarrow and give it a closer inspection, that is a definate possibility. I just put in an order to servicehonda for the steering stem and handlebars so hopefully they should be arriving next week so I can at least get the steering straight

gcart2
08-16-2007, 05:28 AM
switch your front tires around and then yoiu can tell if its your wheel bent because it will do thesame one the oter side.

TRFOXX
08-16-2007, 07:53 AM
I have the same problem with one wheel tilting in. Its not the wheels either. I cant really tell what the problem is? I would guess that its a bent spindle. My son flipped it over on that same side in a ditch a while back and has been like that ever since. It still rides fine just one side tilts in a little. Only bad thing that i can see it doing is wearing out the tire more on the inside.