PDA

View Full Version : oh ****! help please

00.400ex#55
08-15-2007, 06:37 PM
ok heres the story. i rebuilt my engine and started the break in proses, everything was running fine. after 2 hours i ended up rippin the left rear rim off the lugs so i bought new tires and went with 18" as appose to the previos 20".

so the first trip out on the new tires i noticed it was goin realy slow, alot slower then i was expecting. probly no more then 40mph and it was reving quit a bit so i had to shift way quiker then i would have thought. after about 5 minutes i noticed that it was starting to bog at wot. then a few min later at 3/4 throtle then 1/2 throtel and so on untill it died on me.

i pushed it home and now i dont know were to start to get it runnin right again. i can start it up but it just dosent sound right and has alot of black smoke ( lean??).

what should i check or do to fix this. also i lost my key a while so so i cut the ignition out and put a togle swith in but left the white and green wire hangin. would that cause anything?

please help im lost!!

MO-EX-RIDER
08-15-2007, 06:57 PM
was the choke on? air filter clean? gas tank cap tube clear? check your spark plug? sounds like its rich, maybe your main jet fell out. mine did and ran close to what yours is doing

00.400ex#55
08-15-2007, 07:28 PM
ahahahahahaahahaha

wow do i feel dum, i was all pissed off and thought i realy screwed somthin up but the choke was on man thats funny. i would have never even thought of that and torn it all apart tomorow. im happy now

Thanks alot man. :D

gcart2
08-15-2007, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by 00.400ex#55
ahahahahahaahahaha

wow do i feel dum, i was all pissed off and thought i realy screwed somthin up but the choke was on man thats funny. i would have never even thought of that and torn it all apart tomorow. im happy now

Thanks alot man. :D
lol i have never laughed so hard on exriders!
:blah: :p :rolleyes: :p :rolleyes: :confused: :p :rolleyes: :confused: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: \:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:\:rolleyes: :p :p :p :p :p \:blah:

00.400ex#55
08-15-2007, 08:14 PM
would be one of those time were i wish i just wouldnt have said anything at all:macho

realbeef
08-15-2007, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by 00.400ex#55
ok heres the story. i rebuilt my engine and started the break in proses, everything was running fine. after 2 hours i ended up rippin the left rear rim off the lugs so i bought new tires and went with 18" as appose to the previos 20".

so the first trip out on the new tires i noticed it was goin realy slow, alot slower then i was expecting. probly no more then 40mph and it was reving quit a bit so i had to shift way quiker then i would have thought. after about 5 minutes i noticed that it was starting to bog at wot. then a few min later at 3/4 throtle then 1/2 throtel and so on untill it died on me.

i pushed it home and now i dont know were to start to get it runnin right again. i can start it up but it just dosent sound right and has alot of black smoke ( lean??).

what should i check or do to fix this. also i lost my key a while so so i cut the ignition out and put a togle swith in but left the white and green wire hangin. would that cause anything?

please help im lost!!

so do the 18's really make you go that much slower? cuz if they do i might not wann get them mounted....

gcart2
08-16-2007, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by realbeef
so do the 18's really make you go that much slower? cuz if they do i might not wann get them mounted....

your an idiot :huh :rolleyes:

speedjunkie13
08-16-2007, 08:13 AM
LMAO.. well at least you learned something, and you probably won't be doing that again.

as for the green and white wire, it should be fine with it disconnected. it's just a ground wire that goes to the CDI so that the engine stops when you turn the key off. As long as your kill switch works that's not a big deal though.

i rode my quad for about a month by just twisting the power wires together, until i put in a toggle switch like you did. If you want you can get a "dual pole dual throw" toggle switch which will make it function the same as the stock ignition switch. thats what i used.