PDA

View Full Version : ordering stuff over internet: HELP

gcart2
08-15-2007, 05:40 PM
how do u make sure u dont get scammed? i am buyin gshocks and he said he wants a post office money order. how am i sure he will send the shocks?

pdxbigfoot
08-15-2007, 06:36 PM
A chance you take.I deal with alot of ppl on this fourm and even more on ebay.On ebay they have something to lose(there over all reputation.) I've only been riped off on b-bay once and that was by a power seller that either died, decided to throw his reputation out the window, sold parts off a bike he didn't have or decided to take the money and run all off one trx part out. As far as this forum i'm fairly new to it so as a general rule i will only deal with people that are senior members or well known. So far the scaryiest thing I have done is buy a set of 450r front shocks off a person on craigslist sight unseen which showed up right on schedule. I truely believe that most people that are into this sport are kind people and have a true love for the sport. Also it's a good idea to talk to the person as much as possible via e-mail or the good old fashion phone. And if all else fails you have their phone number which you can call at all hours of the night and make there life a non-sleeping hell. ha ha! good luck and have faith in the great sport that we all love

mineralgrey01gt
08-15-2007, 07:06 PM
ask for their phone number and physical address. I havent been ripped off yet (knocking on wood). If on ebay, I personally try to only deal with people with a rating above 25 and 99%-100%

REPOMAN
08-15-2007, 07:07 PM
i will never send any money unless its with paypal. with money orders there is nothing you can do aside from tracking the person down and beating the piss out of him or her. for every one person who wants a money order there are 20 who will take paypal with the same item.

gcart2
08-15-2007, 07:26 PM
ty for the advice. i was thinking about cod(cash on delivery). i am ordering front shocks an wouldnt this keep us both from having a chance to get screwed?

cdrookie
08-15-2007, 07:29 PM
a USPS M/O is fine to send. get delivery confirmation and/or a sig for proof it was delivered. you can check if they cashed it, and if they don't send the product you can file a mail fraud claim. mail fraud is serious! if a seller only wants a usps m/o it's a good sign they're legit. they're hard to counterfiet, unlike some other m/o's, so the seller is making sure he's not getting scammed either.

Crazy lil punk
08-15-2007, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by cdrookie
a USPS M/O is fine to send. get delivery confirmation and/or a sig for proof it was delivered. you can check if they cashed it, and if they don't send the product you can file a mail fraud claim. mail fraud is serious! if a seller only wants a usps m/o it's a good sign they're legit. they're hard to counterfiet, unlike some other m/o's, so the seller is making sure he's not getting scammed either.

x2, well said

tw62t
08-15-2007, 08:01 PM
Search through the feedback forum also. Granted some people might decide to start being crooks, but if they have good feeback youre probably ok.

Good luck and DONT DEAL WITH tyayo420 at all!!!!!!!!!

gcart2
08-16-2007, 08:41 AM
why dont ppl use cod is what im tryin gto get to. it seems as thought its the best. way?

tw62t
08-16-2007, 04:24 PM
Probably because people dont want to ship the parts before they get the money.

DONT DEAL WITH tyayo420 at all!!!!!!!!!