PDA

View Full Version : 250r bearing carrier sleeve/collar thing

SET THE STAGE
08-15-2007, 01:06 PM
i need that inner sleeve piece for a 250r bearing carrier

let me know what ya got

cdrookie
08-15-2007, 07:24 PM
the piece that goes between the bearings?

if so you can run without it. it's purpose is to provide support for the inner bearing races, and you're not suppose to reuse them anyways cause they "crush". they come in rebuild kits, not sure if you can buy them seperately. i use to discard them whenever i changed bearings, they were heavy dead weight. if you have an anti-fad locnut i wouldn't worry about one. if you have to tighten the snot out of a factory unit to keep it tight it's probably a good idea to get one.

SET THE STAGE
08-15-2007, 10:44 PM
ic. i'm not personally needing this, it's for my bro. he's pretty much building his R from scratch and just wanting to be on the safe side

so it'd be okay to run it without it? just monitor it closely when tightening it?

cdrookie
08-16-2007, 04:26 AM
ya it's ok. if you tighten the locnut too much it'll place a good deal of side load on the bearings inner race, so tell him to be careful when doing that.

fireburns99
08-16-2007, 11:16 AM
I've got a stock bearing carrier complete. You could piece use it for parts or whatever. it was fine when i pulled it out. I also have a LOT of orings needed for the bearing carrier.