PDA

View Full Version : Chinese import recalls...

<DRS>GPF
08-15-2007, 11:44 AM
im sure everyone has heard of the massive recalls for various Chinese imported products..

IMO, it serves the companies that "off-shored" right.. i hope they go broke with the lawsuits..

its what they get for vying for the almighty dollar, at a cost of quality regulation..

there's absolutely no "american pride" left in these alleged american companies.. they'd sell their children to please the shareholders..

virtually all major mfr's have "jumped the fence" to cut costs and increase margins, knowing that a vast portion of their products are immediately getting "knocked-off", in many cases from the same company theyve hired to produce their products..

yet they still stay..

again, serves them right, i hope fortunes are taken..

anyone else want to vent about this?

honda350r
08-15-2007, 12:53 PM
You can blame Greed on the corperate America! I hope they fall hard!!!

Quad18star
08-15-2007, 04:33 PM
Almost 20 million kids toys from Mattel have made the list so far ... and it's not stopped yet .

Heard the owner of the Chinese company that was producing these toys committed suicide. :ermm:

ZeroLogic
08-15-2007, 04:54 PM
He did commit suicide.

Our country is completely ***-backwards.

We sell our supplies; IE steel aluminum to foreign countries. They make goods with it and sell it right back to us.

:ermm:

JOEX
08-15-2007, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by honda350r
You can blame Greed on the corperate America! I hope they fall hard!!!
You can blame the American public too since it seems we always want to find the least expensive product:ermm:

Quad18star
08-15-2007, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic

We sell our supplies; IE steel aluminum to foreign countries. They make goods with it and sell it right back to us.

China is buying up metals like crazy. That's why the prices are so high .

Nickel alone was up to $26US per pound a little over a month ago. Our mines ( some of the largest and most producing nickel mines in the world) can't supply enough. The mines had a 2 week scheduled maintenance shut down which ended last week and the company lost multi- millions of dollars. The company hired double the crew and most of the guys were working double shifts in order to get the mines up and running as fast as possible.

honda350r
08-15-2007, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
He did commit suicide.

Our country is completely ***-backwards.

:ermm:

And the reason why they refine our raw materials is because they have no EPA to protect the envroment! China is a toxic dump with cheap labor

Outlaw 50
08-16-2007, 05:03 AM
Originally posted by honda350r
And the reason why they refine our raw materials is because they have no EPA to protect the envroment! China is a toxic dump with cheap labor

They don't have an EPA to interfere with their ability to run their business....

Thats why we have American companies moving out of our country, too much interference.

Between the federal government hiring regs, EPA regs, Taxes, State and Local regs and taxes it seems that running a business is more about compliance than about making products at a competitive price.

Add to that the Union labor crap that goes on in some of the larger companies and we start to get a picture of why these jobs are leaving this country!

Any time you have someone negotiating your wages based on the group as a whole instead of based on your performance you will have a problem.

Quad18star
08-16-2007, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by Outlaw 50

Add to that the Union labor crap that goes on in some of the larger companies and we start to get a picture of why these jobs are leaving this country!

Any time you have someone negotiating your wages based on the group as a whole instead of based on your performance you will have a problem.

But the Union sure is nice in the case of an accidental screw up on your part or if the company wants to axe your job... atleast you have the Union to stand up for you.

I don't mind the Union unlike many others . Atleast with the Union bargaining committee , they listen to the whole group on different issues ( wages, benefits, holidays) and the workers get to vote on it . If the majority of the workers don't like the proposal or offer from the company , then it get's shot down. If a strike occurs , atleast you're on the picket line with your "brothers" and still get a Union wage.

<DRS>GPF
08-16-2007, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by Quad18star
But the Union sure is nice in the case of an accidental screw up on your part or if the company wants to axe your job... atleast you have the Union to stand up for you.

I don't mind the Union unlike many others . Atleast with the Union bargaining committee , they listen to the whole group on different issues ( wages, benefits, holidays) and the workers get to vote on it . If the majority of the workers don't like the proposal or offer from the company , then it get's shot down. If a strike occurs , atleast you're on the picket line with your "brothers" and still get a Union wage.

but when unions are getting people paid $20+ per hour to turn a screw.. or force management to pay a person a full day because someone else stepped in to change a light bulb..
or better yet, force a company to keep a worthless employee..

unions had their time, now theyre a detriment to the US economy..

Rrider4life8
08-16-2007, 04:29 PM
All im saying is you can have your Union. Im all for small businesses. I was up in Ney Jersey for a shut down at logan steam station and the Union called OSHA on a crane man who was working on the site and did not have strings between extension legs. They were working on the opposite side of the plant and the crane man was fined 30 thousand dollars and could not touch it for a week. Shows you how lousy the union is. nuff said

Kaleigh
08-16-2007, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Rrider4life8
All im saying is you can have your Union. Im all for small businesses. I was up in Ney Jersey for a shut down at logan steam station and the Union called OSHA on a crane man who was working on the site and did not have strings between extension legs. They were working on the opposite side of the plant and the crane man was fined 30 thousand dollars and could not touch it for a week. Shows you how lousy the union is. nuff said

how's that lousy.. cause they pointed out something someone did wrong.. the union is suppose to be there to help you.. they are not there to cover your tracks..

i know nothing about how dangerous not having lines between extension legs could be, but to be fined 30g's.. im sure it must have been pretty dangerous and the person running the crane should have known..

so who called it in.. union chair/rep or just a worker?

Kaleigh
08-16-2007, 04:47 PM

I agree.. it works both ways.. the union can be a good thing and it could be a bad thing.. i have seen lots of people get there jobs back that should not have.. lots of people lose their jobs and should not have.. most the times.. unions help lazy people that dont want to do anything.. but that is not always the case..

I have noticed most companies go downhill after a union.. unless you're one of the BIG 3.. Cause then people can get lazy and not do their job to the fullest.. you lose your job cause you got into a fight.. all you have to say is that you have a drinking problem.. go to rehab, then you're back in..

Just about every place around here that gets a union goes downhill.. losing jobs.. closing up shop..

Im on the line when it comes to the union..

Mxjunkie
08-16-2007, 04:50 PM
Our country is just in a spiral right now, It's disgusting when top new's is about big brother stars or Paris Hilton.. How many people actually mow their own lawns, wash their own cars, actually COOK a meal not microwave something, grow your own veggies.. We need to start using from our own resoruces instead of using others, my area use to be all farm lands and farmers could make a living selling crops, now they'd rather sell for a couple mill and a couple hundred houses go up, there goes a resource for food.. Till everything changes I dont belive we will ever not have these problems.. Why does stuff like the toys have to be made over seas, is it so hard for American's to work for 10 dollars an hour?

OutlawBill
08-16-2007, 04:52 PM
The Unions are killing the big 3 nothing like paying full wages and benefits to 10,000 works to sit at home all year.

Kaleigh
08-16-2007, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by OutlawBill
The Unions are killing the big 3 nothing like paying full wages and benefits to 10,000 works to sit at home all year.

actually.. you have a good point..

jcv400ex
08-16-2007, 05:10 PM

Unions and striking is at the top of the reasons for moving a business to CHina.

If I could pay managers $50 a month and the common worker $30-40 a month and that's for a 6 day week, heck ya I'm going to open up a plant in CHina.

As much as I hate to type this, it's true. Our company opened a plant in CHina and it'll be operational in September. 90% of the parts they're going to produce will stay in China and go to companies that we sell to in the US that now have a plant there. and that was business that we lost due to price. 8 million dollars worth....that is one hell of a hit. But why let someone else make that money? So we built a plant there.

The polution is something that no one can imagine. I thought I had an idea of it, but you don't. Your eyes burn just walking out of the hotel in the morning....your throat tightens up...it's un believable what they do over there. And the communist government doesn't care, they're putting money in their pockets....it's a mess.

jcv400ex
08-16-2007, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
Why does stuff like the toys have to be made over seas, is it so hard for American's to work for 10 dollars an hour?

$10 bucks and hour?? Think you can live off of that Tommy? You'd gross around $610 every two weeks, $1,220 a month. Lets say you have a family of 3 and you work 15 miles away from where you live.

$60 electric
$40 phone
$100 gas (thinking average for a year is $1,200)
$80 water and sewage
$250 car payment(pretty damn cheap)
$75 car insurance
$500 mortgage with insurance (say a $60,000 home)

Grand total every month of $1,165...just for bills. Leaves you with $115 a month.... Where's the $250 a month in groceries going to come from and the $150 a month it costs you in gas to get back and forth to work? Oh and clothes, go out to dinner every once in awhile, stuff for your child....soccer, football, baseball requires fees and equiptment...and so on and so on. The fact of the matter is, we can't live off of $10 an hour without both parents working and then you have child care....so all in all, we're screwed.... It's better to go on welfare! :eek:

Mxjunkie
08-16-2007, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by jcv400ex
$10 bucks and hour?? Think you can live off of that Tommy? You'd gross around $610 every two weeks, $1,220 a month. Lets say you have a family of 3 and you work 15 miles away from where you live.

$60 electric
$40 phone
$80 water and sewage
$75 car insurance

Grand total every month of $1,165...just for bills. Leaves you with $115 a month.... Where's the $250 a month in groceries going to come from and the $150 a month it costs you in gas to get back and forth to work? Oh and clothes, go out to dinner every once in awhile, stuff for your child....soccer, football, baseball requires fees and equiptment...and so on and so on. The fact of the matter is, we can't live off of $10 an hour without both parents working and then you have child care....so all in all, we're screwed.... It's better to go on welfare! :eek:

Very true the cost of living is outragous, I was just using it as a example because I know of some that wont even work for 10 dollar's an hour! On the other note many would jump on the chance and make due with the income at hand, buy the basics and grow your own food etc.

The generations coming up aren't growing up working to make due and supporting them selfs. Sadly enough almost all rely on everyone else to support them almost as American is using outside sources to support our supplies and products we use everyday. When problem's happen who is to blame? Are we to blame making many work hard for low wage and make a decent penny or are we helping their country out by giving them a industry? If the same product's were built in America it almost make's you wonder if the same recall's would appear, if the recalls did surface would the numbers be as large in number. :chinese:

Mxjunkie
08-16-2007, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by jcv400ex

$60 electric
$40 phone
$80 water and sewage
$75 car insurance

Very true the cost of living is outragous, I was just using it as a example because I know of some that wont even work for 10 dollar's an hour! On the other note many would jump on the chance and make due with the income at hand, buy the basics and grow your own food etc..

The generations coming up aren't growing up working to make due and supporting them selfs. Sadly enough almost all rely on everyone else to support them almost as American is using outside sources to support our supplies and products we use everyday. When problem's happen who is to blame? Are we to blame making many work hard for low wage and make a decent penny or are we helping their country out by giving them a industry? If the same product's were built in America it almost make's you wonder if the same recall's would appear, if the recalls did surface would the numbers be as large in number. :chinese:

jcv400ex
08-16-2007, 07:18 PM
lol and I called you tommy.....haha! Sorry Josh!!

Mxjunkie
08-16-2007, 07:24 PM
lol it's allright I was like oh well I guess I'm tammy now :p :o

When did the guy commit suicide? :eek2:

<DRS>GPF
08-16-2007, 07:49 PM
the avg. income in my area is 36K per household..

thats 2 parents working for 18K per year.. thats about $9 per hour..

it sounds bad, but people are surviving.. the worst part of living around here is watching the rich farmers getting richer at the expense of the 36K per year laborers.

it more than unions dragging this nation down..:mad:

raptordude
08-16-2007, 09:43 PM
Lets not forget about temporary agencies as well.Where I work(non union)you start out around $14 an hour.Afew years ago my company started hiring through temp agencies at around $8-$9 with a hope of getting hired in after 3 months.Well there are some people that have been working for the temp service for over a year or more.How in the heck are you supposed to make a decent living making that kind of money?

And management can't figure out why in the last couple years we all of a sudden have a high turnover rate :rolleyes: !

In my opinion we need a union so people quit getting screwed!

JIMFROMTEXCO
08-17-2007, 09:02 AM
im a union employee and i love it. i work my *** off each and everyday tho. jack hammering is all that easy of work. the union is nice due to benifits, wage and pension. im only 21 and have almost 5,000 in my pension:)

JIMFROMTEXCO
08-17-2007, 09:03 AM
im a union employee and i love it. i work my *** off each and everyday tho. jack hammering is all that easy of work. the union is nice due to benifits, wage and pension. im only 21 and have almost 5,000 in my pension:)

JIMFROMTEXCO
08-17-2007, 09:03 AM

Ghost-Rider
08-17-2007, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by <DRS>GPF

there's absolutely no "american pride" left in these alleged american companies..

How many people who agree with this drive a foreign car?

<DRS>GPF
08-17-2007, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Ghost-Rider
How many people who agree with this drive a foreign car?

or how many own a Polaris?? thats about as relevant a question..

not that i presently own a foreign/non-US design originated car, but offshore manufacturers like Toy, Mit, Hon, etc selling better quality products in the US isnt the problem..
these Offshore guys created better or equal products then sold them to the US.
In fact, many have moved the assembly plants into the US, further showing that a quality car can be built in the US.(unlike the big 3 who moved much of their manufacturing over the borders..)

Mattel and others sent its US manufacturing offshore, resulting in lower quality for the sake of profit, which is a problem..

rtm1216
08-17-2007, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by <DRS>GPF
or how many own a Polaris?? thats about as relevant a question..

not that i presently own a foreign/non-US design originated car, but offshore manufacturers like Toy, Mit, Hon, etc selling better quality products in the US isnt the problem..
these Offshore guys created better or equal products then sold them to the US.
In fact, many have moved the assembly plants into the US, further showing that a quality car can be built in the US.(unlike the big 3 who moved much of their manufacturing over the borders..)

Mattel and others sent its US manufacturing offshore, resulting in lower quality for the sake of profit, which is a problem..

I don't understand why people get upset about corporations trying to maximize their profits. That is the sole purpose of them being in business, it's why shareholders invest in their company. Mattel doesn't make toys because it makes them feel all warm and fuzzy inside. If they made their products here you and I would probably no longer be able to afford to buy them. The cost of living in the US is just too high.

We have painted ourselves into a corner with China. We have threatened to attach tariffs to products made there, but they in return have threatened to dump their US debt. They hold the majority of US debt and if they ever decided to cash in it would kill our economy due to the dollar being devalued to the point that you could start calling it a peso. They basically own us.