PDA

View Full Version : Northern Virginia?

speedjunkie13
08-15-2007, 11:10 AM
any riders out there from the NOVA area? looking for some people to hook up with and ride on the weekends. also if you know of any good places to ride.

Choreboy
08-17-2007, 10:39 PM
I live in Stephens City. I usually ride at the Proving Grounds in Breezewood PA. It's a pretty sweet MX park if you have never been there. If you wanna hook up sometime to go PM me.

speedjunkie13
08-18-2007, 08:10 PM
cool, I'm not setup for mx though (too much money for right now) i mainly ride trails. i would love to check out breezewood, I'm just not sure how much of it i could really do.

Have you ever been to a place called tomahawk mx in WV? i heard a little about it, i guess they have a harescramble track and some mx tracks.

Choreboy
08-19-2007, 11:47 AM
Yeah I know the people that own it and alot of the 2 wheel guys I know run there. They have a really nice track and some sweet harescrambles. What do you mean you don't have the money for mx right now? What kind of quad do you ride? I rode a stock Honda 450r for a little over a year on nothing but mx tracks before doing any mods. You just have to pay more attention to sticking the landings. Once you get good with it stock you'll be really good with mods.

speedjunkie13
08-19-2007, 12:27 PM
i have a 2001 440ex with all stock suspension. i'm sure i could do some smaller jumps, but i don't think the suspension could handle the bigger jumps.

although i just broke my lower a-arm into 2 pieces yesterday while riding some trails. (the tree won lol) so it might be time to upgrade the front suspension if i can find the funds.

wvspeedfreak
08-19-2007, 07:23 PM
Choreboy is right,you should definately check out Breezewood Proving Grounds.They have tracks for all skill levels.You don't have to do any jumps you don't feel comfortable with.It is a really cool place and the owner is a quad guy :cool:

05trx450
03-28-2011, 03:51 PM
I have a place to ride, its about 40 mins from gainsville in laurel maryland downn the street from my house. a lot of tight trails couple creek crossings and a bunch of jumps. Im actually going to my girlfriends house in gainsville this weekend and was wondering where there was to ride around there??