View Full Version : TT setup 400ex

whiteEX
08-15-2007, 11:09 AM
what is ur TT setup on a 400ex what a-arms and do u really need shocks starting out? what kind of tires do u need? and any advise with starting out. thanks

08-15-2007, 04:05 PM
for flat track racing I know everyone I have seen has Hoosier tires.

gubertrious
08-27-2007, 04:20 PM
i race flat track on my 400ex i use worn out itp hole shots +2 a-arms +4 axle blaster front shocks and a swaybar which i would highly recommend stock back shock with a lowering link wich sets the bike about 1.5 inches off the ground if you have the right setup you can beat the 450's out there

yernkie
09-04-2007, 08:31 PM
I ran a few flat track races earier this year (1/10th mile track) and I went cheap on everything because I knew that I would only run a few races. I threw on some GForce wheels spacers (front and rear), C&D lowering rear link, C&D front lowering kit, and some used American Racer tires (compound 23 I believe) on Douglas Shamrocks. I didn't even run a swaybar). My 400ex only had a full Yoshi exhaust, K&N, no airbox, and a 13 tooth front sprocket. I could hang with anyone for a few laps, but experience really pays off. However, on a short track like we have around here, if you get the holeshot, hold the inside line, and don't screw up, then you have a good shot at winning. Make sure that you practice your starts...I didn't, and that is what always killed me.

The only advice that I can offer is to practice, practice, practice. You gotta know how to get into the corner, when to let off, when to accelerate, and how to throw the bike around the corners. Go to a few races and watch the riders. Take mental notes, then try for yourself.