PDA

View Full Version : NASCRAP Racing.

trueblue450
10-27-2002, 04:52 PM
Man.. I am so pissed off at NBC and their awsome Nascar racing. Hmm we have a 2 hour rain delay... So lets just sit here and listen to some hicks talk for 2 hours about nothing. Then we will run the race for another 2 hours past our time slot. Hmm whats on ?? Gravity games who cares lets just run a fricking circle for 4 hours... thats great.

So because of Nascar I didn't get to see my Gravity Games today, I was so physced. SOrry if im going off but it just tickes me off how NBC runs things. Does anyone know when they will show the games now?

CHAUNCY
10-27-2002, 04:57 PM
i know i hate how they wait for nascar to be perfect. Quads and bikes run in the rain why dont they show that more instead of nascar ??? The world will never know.

optikid123
10-27-2002, 04:59 PM
nascar is very boring till the end of the race usually i never watch it

Tlongs400
10-27-2002, 05:02 PM
GRAVITY GAMES IS MOVED TO NEXT SUNDAY!!

i reckon....god i hate tht crap...who watches it? mostly over weight 40 yr old men.... and rednecks..... its the most boring stuff....id rather watch people drive on the thruway....nbc is dumb for doing that

CHAUNCY
I think nascar is boring cuzz they just go in circles and there is no action. I mean 500 laps of doin a circle would be boring to watch.

skinrider440
10-27-2002, 05:05 PM
you guys are crazy nascar is awesome. i wouldn't drive in the rain a 170mph either. they play gravity games on espn over and over and over. i watch it every week and i never gets old.

skinrider440
10-27-2002, 05:06 PM
i'd rather be a redneck than a stinkin yankee

Atreyu
10-27-2002, 05:18 PM
NASCAR is the most boring sport in the world. I dont know how the rednecks watch it for hours and actally stay interested. 500 laps of the same damn thing. whats the point :confused:

skinrider440
10-27-2002, 05:21 PM
the south will rise again

that's all i need to say

brink400
10-27-2002, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by skinrider440
the south will rise again

that's all i need to say

That had to be the dumbest thing I have ever heard come out of somebody's mouth. You have just proved to the world that you are a moron.

Guy400
10-27-2002, 05:29 PM
Everyone who has talked bad about NASCAR in this thread is going to be banned:devil

I suppose if you don't understand the strategy it may appear boring but to drive those cars inches apart from each other at 192mph takes skill. That's like saying all they do during a MX race is follow each other on 4-wheelers and ride over dirt mounds. We all know there's much more going on than that. Plus, let's face it, the Gravity Games are getting a little boring as well. How many times can you watch these guys do cliffhangers and heel-clickers before you get the feeling that you've seen it all before? 300EX, since I take it you don't like NASCAR racing, where do you think that line under your name came from?

bansheeguy77
10-27-2002, 05:30 PM
wow u guys are harsh....nascar is great.....have u ever been to a race? great times....i loved going to lowes motorspeed way to watch cocacola 600....but sometimes i get bored at motorama cause u see the same thing over and over and over......life cant go ur way all the time....

skinrider440
10-27-2002, 05:33 PM
hey pup your not even old enough to ride a 400. haven't you seen the little sticker on your quad.

Bean
10-27-2002, 05:33 PM
dont give us your redneck rising crap

skinrider440
10-27-2002, 05:42 PM
finally two people in this forum that knows somethine thumbs up to you two for defending nascar w/ me

i should of know that bean was a yankee too

Atreyu
10-27-2002, 05:43 PM
That had to be the dumbest thing I have ever heard come out of somebody's mouth. You have just proved to the world that you are a moron.

LMAO!!!

skinrider440
10-27-2002, 05:52 PM
whats lmao

optikid123
10-27-2002, 05:55 PM
ahahaha:)

skinrider440
10-27-2002, 05:57 PM
that lmao is about as dumb as saying nascar is boring

cheetah
10-27-2002, 06:01 PM
My family used to watch it every week. We went to Bristol every year, it was the greatest. Then when Earnhardt died, we just stopped watching it and we have never been really interested again. I miss going to Bristol though. If you ever went you would probably like it.

Team Outlaw #34
10-27-2002, 06:04 PM
for one thing...Nascar is awsome.....

1.Nascar is the most watched sport right now.....so i think you few bashers are the only ones that don't like it.....

2.I think gravety games is awsome also but u don't need to get all pissed off about it.....it'll be on next week...And i do wish they would show more quads racing.....And i don't agreee with them talkin while they are on a red flag but hey not a big deal....

3.Another thing is that I want to see one of you *** holes go out there and try and race a car going 200 mph...OH YEAH AND IN THE RAIN!

4.And wtf not only rednecks watch it! I'm not 40 and over weight!

Oh yeah and mr. rogers (nice name) this race wasn't 500 laps.....:huh

kc 300EX
10-27-2002, 06:05 PM
Dude, you guys have no idea what youre talking about, Nascar is number one spectator sport in the world. Who watches it?? Who doesnt!! More people than watch the X-games thats for sure. More people than watch football too, and baseball, and any other sport!

NBC knows who to piss off..... who would you rather have mad at you? 300EX_Man or Millions and Millions of Crazy pissed off Red Neck Nascar fans??

trueblue450
10-27-2002, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Guy432
Plus, let's face it, the Gravity Games are getting a little boring as well. How many times can you watch these guys do cliffhangers and heel-clickers before you get the feeling that you've seen it all before? 300EX, since I take it you don't like NASCAR racing, where do you think that line under your name came from?

I know about the quote... im just kinda p.o.ed about the gravity games just cuz I wanted to see some more back flips. We all know that nascar racin takes some skills and some balls.

But the same should be to you.. You have an opinion about the gravity games being boring.. I have an opinion of Nascar being boring.. Just an opinion.

I mean how many times can you watch these guys go around in circles before you get the feeling you've seen it all before??? :devil :D

cheetah
10-27-2002, 06:11 PM
Actually one year(I don't remember which) they had "rain" tires. Funny thing was there was never really a rain delay that year and they never used them. I have never heard them mentioned since. Does anyone know whatever happened to them?

MichaelS693
10-27-2002, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by skinrider440
i'd rather be a redneck than a stinkin yankee

oh yes aint tthat the truth....nascar is ok i guess i used to like it alot until earnheardt died then we just quit watching it the only race i ever have been to was in ocotober of 98 at taladaga(sp?)

skinrider440
10-27-2002, 06:13 PM
for some reason all the nascar bashers are crawfishing on us. Whats the matter? now you know the facts about all the millions watching it. plus a gravity games ticket cost $50 probably. A nascar ticket is about $180, plus BEER, lodging, and more beer.

trueblue450
10-27-2002, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by 400EX KID #1
for one thing...Nascar is awsome.....

1.Nascar is the most watched sport right now.....so i think you few bashers are the only ones that don't like it.....

2.I think gravety games is awsome also but u don't need to get all pissed off about it.....it'll be on next week...And i do wish they would show more quads racing.....And i don't agreee with them talkin while they are on a red flag but hey not a big deal....

3.Another thing is that I want to see one of you *** holes go out there and try and race a car going 200 mph...OH YEAH AND IN THE RAIN!

4.And wtf not only rednecks watch it! I'm not 40 and over weight!

Oh yeah and mr. rogers (nice name) this race wasn't 500 laps.....:huh

#1. Name 5 people who can watch a whole race from lap one to the last lap??????
To #2. Gravity games is on like 4 times outta of a year. Nascar is on every freaking weekend.
#3. Id like to see you jump a 80ft span doing a no footed backflip.
#4. I meant the announcers were the rednecks..

I don't want a big flame war going here. im just mad that Nascar can do what they want to do and screw over the whole days programing.

Team Outlaw #34
10-27-2002, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by kc 300EX
Nascar is number one spectator sport in the world. Who watches it?? Who doesnt!! More people than watch the X-games thats for sure. More people than watch football too, and baseball, and any other sport!

dude your dumb....X games isn't just one sport jeeez...its many sports lol so just shut up

Castor-426ex
10-27-2002, 06:16 PM
mabey you should be cryin to nbc??

i can watch a race from lap 1 to the end...

nascar isnt on all year....it has a season...just like bball...football ect....

get some kleenex gravity games will be on next weekend...

skinrider440
10-27-2002, 06:17 PM
myself, and the other 20 guys that watch it every weekend at my house.

Team Outlaw #34
10-27-2002, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by 300EX_Man

#1. Name 5 people who can watch a whole race from lap one to the last lap??????
To #2. Gravity games is on like 4 times outta of a year. Nascar is on every freaking weekend.

i could name wayyyy more than 5 people....another is that its on more that 4 weekends.....and somone said up there that it is on everyday on espn...and if it was quads i would argue differently.....

Team Outlaw #34
10-27-2002, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Castor-400ex

haha

trueblue450
10-27-2002, 06:21 PM
If Nascar is the number one spectator sport then that must mean there are a lot of Rednecks out there!!!! :D :D

Just playing guys calm down.

cheetah
10-27-2002, 06:22 PM
I thought the announcers sucked on gravity games too. They started comparing bike freestyle to gymnastics.:huh

Team Outlaw #34
lol ok i'm done............just thought i'd state my opinion but i think i went to far.............

trueblue450
mabey you should be cryin to nbc??

i can watch a race from lap 1 to the end...

nascar isnt on all year....it has a season...just like bball...football ect....

I already used the box

skinrider440
10-27-2002, 06:25 PM
proud to be a redneck and i'm outta here. gotta go

NASCAR ROCKS

eldoexrider01
10-27-2002, 06:29 PM
nascar is for insomniacs. im sure my dog could drive in a circle for that many laps. maybe somthin like formula one or road racing. thats different cuz each corner could cost ya but an oval??? if i was drunk i could watch it. well i dunno since im to young to drink :D :devil

eldoexrider01
10-27-2002, 06:30 PM
oh yeah and rednecks are cool.

Guy400
10-27-2002, 06:54 PM
I can tell very few of the people who are replying in here are actually old enough to even drive a car. I challenge any of you who are bashing NASCAR to take a 750hp car and drive it at 190mph and we'll all sit back and see how you do. You'll have it into the wall after the first lap. It's like saying drag racing is easy because they only go in a straight line. There's a science to all forms of sport and not everyone is able to do them.

I could record the last 3 Gravity Games competitions and then mix them up and play them, nobody on here could tell the difference cause it's the same riders doing the same tricks show after show.

Nausty
10-27-2002, 06:55 PM
Everyone who has talked bad about NASCAR in this thread is going to be banned:devil

I suppose if you don't understand the strategy it may appear boring but to drive those cars inches apart from each other at 192mph takes skill. That's like saying all they do during a MX race is follow each other on 4-wheelers and ride over dirt mounds. We all know there's much more going on than that. Plus, let's face it, the Gravity Games are getting a little boring as well. How many times can you watch these guys do cliffhangers and heel-clickers before you get the feeling that you've seen it all before? 300EX, since I take it you don't like NASCAR racing, where do you think that line under your name came from?

lol I know your just trying to prove a point, but it ain't heel clickers and cliff hangers no more...

EDIT: this is a old pic but now there is a guy on freestylemtx.com that invented a new trick called the "high lighter" which is basicly a dead body sept he gets his feet way up in the air to which he is almost vertical doing a handstand upside down on the bike through the bars. Lol I hope that makes sence.

trueblue450
10-27-2002, 06:57 PM

I could record the last 3 Gravity Games competitions and then mix them up and play them, nobody on here could tell the difference cause it's the same riders doing the same tricks show after show.

Just like I could record the last 3 races and mix them up and play them and nobody on here could tell the diff... keep it coming buddy.. I would like to see you do a kiss of death and see you land it.. the gravity games takes just as much skill and balls as it would driving nascar.. ??????

Guy400
10-27-2002, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Nausty

lol I know your just trying to prove a point, but it ain't heel clickers and cliff hangers no more... Hmm, but isn't that the same trick he pulled at the last Gravity Games? And the one before that? And the one before that?

All these people are talented in their respective fields.

Guy400
10-27-2002, 06:59 PM

Just like I could record the last 3 races and mix them up and play them and nobody on here could tell the diff... keep it coming buddy.. I would like to see you do a kiss of death and see you land it.. the gravity games takes just as much skill and balls as it would driving nascar.. ?????? That's been my point from the beginning:)

trueblue450
10-27-2002, 07:00 PM
That's been my point from the beginning:)

Excellent.. I'm glad we agree! :)

Castor-426ex
10-27-2002, 07:02 PM
i could do the kiss of death....but then id die:eek:

trueblue450
10-27-2002, 07:03 PM
Hmm, but isn't that the same trick he pulled at the last Gravity Games? And the one before that? And the one before that?

But to be truthful.. The sport of FMX is always evolving. I mean 4 years ago a healclicker would win a competition.. Then a no footed can-can.. then a superman.. then a superman seat grab... then a sterilizer... then a kiss of death.. then a backflip.. then a no footed backflip.. So every event, they come out with new tricks but they also use some older tricks for variation.. Just like on the half pipe someone nearly pulled of a triple backflip.. insane

Nausty
10-27-2002, 07:04 PM
hehe

http://www.shread.net/fmtx/attachment.php?s=&postid=79453
http://www.shread.net/fmtx/attachment.php?s=&postid=87533

DGR Designs
10-27-2002, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by brink400

yes, why yes it is. :huh i present to you, THE BONEHEAD AWARD! :huh

Nausty
10-27-2002, 07:09 PM
Hmm, but isn't that the same trick he pulled at the last Gravity Games? And the one before that? And the one before that?

who is he? I seriously doubt anyone pulled a heel clicker or cliff hanger in gravity, I mean maybe a cliff hanger because of how extended they can get it now but now its back flips, rock solids, ect.

Guy400
10-27-2002, 07:16 PM
Nausty, where'd you get those last 2 pics? Are those of Scott's brother (owner of Champion Motorsports in PA)? The first jump looks identical to the jump they've got at their dealership and in the 2nd pic he just switched to a Cannondale here within the last couple of weeks. Just curious where you got the pics.

Nausty
10-27-2002, 07:23 PM
the place is in pennsylvania(spel?)

i'll just give you the link to the thread. http://www.shread.net/fmtx/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6107

Guy400
10-27-2002, 07:28 PM
Yep, that's him. His older brother owns Champion Motorsports in Wilcox, PA. I was up there watching him jump several weeks agol They've got a steel freestyle ramp where he practices. He told me he invented that move in the first pic you posted (where he's upside down). If I remember right he's only 17 and just started freestyling about a year ago or so.

Nausty
10-27-2002, 07:35 PM
lol small world... I think he was gonna call in the mc norman or something like that until he posted the vid on the forums and everyone was wanting a trick to call the high lighter in memory of adam peirce.

CHAUNCY
10-27-2002, 07:46 PM
Nausty you got some awsome pictures there

Nausty
10-27-2002, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by CHAUNCY
Nausty you got some awsome pictures there

lol you should see all the pictures I got on my hard drive.:D

Chef
10-27-2002, 08:08 PM

Just like I could record the last 3 races and mix them up and play them and nobody on here could tell the diff... keep it coming buddy.. I would like to see you do a kiss of death and see you land it.. the gravity games takes just as much skill and balls as it would driving nascar.. ??????

Nobody on here could tell the difference? I could tell the difference between every track on the circuit if you wanted to try me. And do you really want a list of all the people I know that could watch a race from lap 1 to to the checkered flag? When you are at an actual race, in the infield, and you can physically feel the tension in the air and you know the driver who is leading it 2 laps from the end, its a rush.

sduncan
10-28-2002, 01:18 AM
Gee ,lets see..... NASCAR is 52 years old, is traded on the NYSE, brings in MILLIONS upon MILLIONS of dollars a year, and involves the closest competition in motorsports. Qualifing speeds are seldom more than a second apart from pole sitter to the provisional starters. Speeds range from 90mph to somewhere around 198mph depending on the track. This is big business people. Bigger than FMX will EVER be. Don't try to compare them on that scale because you can't.

Now, I'm open to new ideas, so lets look at FMX. The announcers are some of the most dumbass people I've ever heard. They're to busy trying to be cool to really "announce" whats going on. The riders have some talent. I guess I can say that in all fairness. Brain activity for the riders; non existant. I have yet to figure out what the **** these guys are smoking to make them think of some of the tricks they do. They never show the ones who are paralyzed and in the wheelchair. Whatever.

But my big beef with the whole deal is the EXTREME NEGATIVE image it gives to the average dirt biker and quad riders. NO ONE I know acts like those booger eating, bi-polar retards. I refuse to watch the sport because of the attitudes and some of the behavior exibited by these idiots. They have done NOTHING for the sport but give the un-knowing public the image that all dirt bikers and quad riders act the same way they do. Obviously this is wrong, but does the public know this? NOPE!! For example, take EA Sports "Freak Style" game. What a piss poor representation of ANY OFF-ROADER. Yes, I know its a game, but consider how it will influence the public watching the commercial and some of the young dreamers out there who "just wanna be like that". Lets roost all the critters and set fire to the forests!! Go man go!!! Trust me, some dumbass kid somewhere wants all the tattoos and to go out there and think he's all that. Its happened before, it will happen again. What a joke.

These are obviously my own opinions and I stand by them all. In the end, NASCAR will go on, FMX will go away........

Castor-426ex
10-28-2002, 01:55 AM
i have a stock car safety net affixed to the window of my s 10

How bad do I got it??

free_rider20
10-28-2002, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by cheetah5431
My family used to watch it every week. We went to Bristol every year, it was the greatest. Then when Earnhardt died, we just stopped watching it and we have never been really interested again. I miss going to Bristol though. If you ever went you would probably like it.

We have season tickets to bristol. I love goin there.

kentuckycat
10-28-2002, 06:31 AM
i have a stock car safety net affixed to the window of my s 10

How bad do I got it??

Do they have those for Tacomas?

BTW, Forget the YELLOW flag, I've got a RED flag outside my bathroom! :huh :huh :huh

I've got it bad! :D

Ralph
10-28-2002, 09:30 AM
man did u see jeff gordon going throught the turn!!!!:blah

Ralph
10-28-2002, 09:35 AM
and if we are gonna get in to what takes the most skill we left out the main one, F1 that takes extreme skill. but its not only the drivers, its the enginers wo get more horsepower out of a 2.0 liter than mercedes gets out of a 5.5:eek: 19 thousand rpm's is regular:huh

UglyMotha™
10-28-2002, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by free_rider20

We have season tickets to bristol. I love goin there.

swweeeet me to maybe we can hook up somtime and shoot some ****:D

TravEX
10-28-2002, 03:19 PM
someone a couple of pages back was asking for 5 names that can sit and watch each lap for a whole race, here's one right here,,,if ya'll really watched a race you would see the strategies and preparation that goes into the race

GO #8!!!

sandspanker
10-28-2002, 10:43 PM
IN QUESTION TO THE RAIN TIRES. THEY ARE STILL AROUND BUT ONLY FOR THE ROAD CORSES EARNHARDT TESTED THE TIRES ABOUT FIVE YEARS AGO OR MORE. BUT SENCE THE TESTING AND APPROVAL OF THE TIRES IT HAS NOT RAINED AT A ROAD RACE.;)

DESDAK4
10-28-2002, 11:13 PM
It's really pretty simple, the people who don't like usually don't understand it or how hard it really is. I know I couldn't sit there and take the 3G's they pull for 3-4 hrs at Atlanta.

As far as sitting though the whole race I tape so I can watch it again later. :D