PDA

View Full Version : rebuilt rear shock?

madskrillz2
08-15-2007, 07:09 AM
well i basically posted this same thing in steering and suspension but didn't get any replies so i figured i would try here.

i cant decide if i want to get it rebuilt or buy an aftermarket one. i know an aftermarket shock is obviously going to be better but just how much better are they? just would like to know what everyone thinks before i drop money on one or the other.

LTR450_#67
08-15-2007, 10:53 AM
I have seen quite a few guys having the stocker redone and been really happy with it. The stock rear on the LTR is probably better than most aftermarket shocks when valved properly. The stocker has a massive shaft and body (which also makes it heavier). I've compared it to my buddies rear YFZ shock and the YFZ looks cheap compared to it....I think the LTR front shocks look as big as the rear on the YFZ!.....

I'm no shock expert but I will say that getting the stocker rebuilt for about half the cost of an aftermarket and getting just as good performance makes the better bang for the buck. If you're an all out MXr then you might want to get an aftermarket though.

My 2cents

Aaron

madskrillz2
08-15-2007, 11:04 AM
i am an all out mxr but i have noticed like you said how well built the rear shock seems to be and is the main reason i made this topic. all the adjustments on it make it even better. right now i'd have to say im leaning towards rebuilding it.