PDA

View Full Version : slip on pipes/and help on the 400ex....

klay_911
08-14-2007, 10:52 PM
i was just wondering if anyone had vids of there 400ex with a lrd slip on pipe on? if u do please post them...

and there must be a thread like this but post vids of ur ex sound please...

a couple questions...

1. Do 400ex's have rev limeters... like can u hear them cuz i havent been able to find one on mine....

2. How much does a rev box add and is it worth 40 bucks to get one?

3. I road a dvx 400 and loved it... it had a fmf titanium 4 pipe and i love the sound of the rev limeter and all but i was like jumpin it and they seam to be pretty even with the suspension.. but then i hit the same jump on my ex and my front end shoots straight up.... what could i do (BTW its a 2001) loosen my back shock? or what...

thanks for all the help/time/information guys..... Klay

xc_racer1
08-14-2007, 10:53 PM
yes 400s have a rev limiter. come up short on a jump
youll find it:devil:

klay_911
08-14-2007, 11:16 PM
haha no thanks... thats why i asked on hear haha didnt wanna find out myself....

and one of my biggest things is to fix how when i come off a jump i shoot like straight up.... im sick of f***ing with my breaks in the air, then gas and stuff.... and having to worry bout goin over backwards everytime haha...

i think the 450r shocks mod might be done... but idk how they will work with stock a arms and not revalved... iv been doin some research on that stuff

gcart2
08-15-2007, 05:42 AM
make sure your in the center of the bike. i used to sit way back trying to get more traction to the tires and as soon as i hit a jump i would be vertical... forcing me to hit my brakes put my head over the bars to level out. i finnaly got it =)

tim colston
08-15-2007, 06:05 AM
I will try to get this short clip up. I have a full LRD system and the only real sound difference that I noticed was the loudness. Just a hair louder.

Couldn't get the myspace one up but here is a youtube link. I am the one showing off and about eat it going up a large hill. Hopefully this helps

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NtpJnxfttTk

klay_911
08-15-2007, 09:08 AM
thanks for ur comments guys, they helped...