PDA

View Full Version : 18" knarly personal use reviews?

SET THE STAGE
08-14-2007, 09:52 PM
looking to maybe get some of these, just wondering what some of you guys have experienced with them. any good? wear down quick? etc. tires are getting bald, time for some new ones.

Pappy
08-14-2007, 09:57 PM
my brother has been running them for the past two years. seems to be doing well on hard pack and he rides ALOT and hasnt had any issues with wear etc. i wasnt a fan of them but id say they are a good tire based on what ive seen.

SET THE STAGE
08-14-2007, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
my brother has been running them for the past two years. seems to be doing well on hard pack and he rides ALOT and hasnt had any issues with wear etc. i wasnt a fan of them but id say they are a good tire based on what ive seen.

i like what i hear so far

anyone else?

AtvMxRider
08-15-2007, 10:44 AM
I have them and they are ok. They wear pretty good. The only thing I don't like is they either slide out too much or you get to much traction and wheelie. There is really no in between:ermm:

Bender
08-18-2007, 06:54 PM
I had them for 2 years, very tough and lasted well. Good traction, fairly inexpensive too.

400exrider707
08-23-2007, 04:00 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I think all around for a recreational racer, these are one of the best tires. I've tried nearly every tire combo possible. As far as rears, I've had Holeshot MX, Holeshot MXR4, Holeshot SX, Kenda klaws, grooved and ungrooved turf tamers, shredders, and razr mx briefly. I love these knarlys! The price is unbeatable, and the traction is excellent. From the places I've used them so far, they seem to hook up the best in really soft dirt. They seem to find traction where my holeshots wouldn't, and on my mostly cement starts, they seem to grab better off the start. They do wear quickly though, but I wouldn't say any qucker than the soft holeshots I've run. They also are slightly heavier so I probably wouldn't use them on a nearly stock 400ex or anything less.

Running these on an 05 450R with 11:1 piston HRC cam and Full exhaust w/ UNI.

Next time I get tires, Im ordering two sets of them. two thumbs up for me.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e166/400exrider707/5.jpg