PDA

View Full Version : ignition timing make it run lean?

hotrodbelair
08-14-2007, 08:09 PM
i have a 440ex. the ignition on this thing is stock, ive ran this 440 for a year and a half with no issues what so ever. this spring after rebuilding it i tore the topend off to make sure everything was top shape wich it was i put it back together with new gaskets. when you run it through the rpms runs like a champ till u just about hit where the rev limiter would be then it starts to run like crap like shes lean. i let off a lil bit get back on it pulls hard then runs like crap again and i mean this is just off of where the rev limit would be. i pull the plug shes white. first thing i do i take the head off cant see anywhere shes been leaking out. i throw a new head gasket in anyways new crush gaskets and exhaust studs. same thing as before. now all im wondering what else could make it act like this. i would try swappin stuff off other exs but know one else owns them around here. and the jetting is actually richer then what i ran in the winter time. it had a 152 main in it and i went up to a 155. and its a 39fcr if that helps any. any help apriciated i was gonna sell this motor but i cant sell it like this i want to find out whats wrong with it an fix it. sorry for the long post thanks.