PDA

View Full Version : rebuild rear LTR shock?

madskrillz2
08-14-2007, 07:58 PM
i cant decide if i want to get it rebuilt or buy an aftermarket one. i know an aftermarket shock is obviously going to be better but just how much better are they? just would like to know what everyone thinks before i drop money on one or the other.

JCoop
08-22-2007, 02:59 PM
Send your rear shock to GT Thunder. He will respring it, revalve it, and add his link (XC or MX) for much cheaper then you can get an aftermarket shock. Plus the stock rebuild will be just as good if not better then an aftermarket shock if it is set up right. So many people invest in big money set-ups and dont have them set up right and scratch their heads why when someone blows by them on stock rebuilds that are set-up correctly.

Hope this helps.

A A R O N
08-22-2007, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by JCoop
So many people invest in big money set-ups and dont have them set up right and scratch their heads why when someone blows by them on stock rebuilds that are set-up correctly.

....seen it happen.....

....hilarious is the only way to describe it.....:p

08-22-2007, 04:53 PM
I was also debating this with my 400ex rear shock but was a fraid I would be unsatisfied. I am going with the Works remote rezzie shock. I know what it rides like and is amazing from stock. The whoops you just seems to float over and you cant bottom them out.

Colby@C&DRacing
08-23-2007, 08:48 AM
The stock ltr 450 rear shock is one of the best oem shocks available when setup correctly. High and low speed compression,18mm shaft etc. We have had really good results with our conversions for the LTR and feel they perform just as well as many of the aftermarket shocks available.

madskrillz2
08-23-2007, 02:18 PM
yeah i think i'll be doing business with you here pretty soon. from what i've read yall seem to have the best rebuild.

DEVINF450R
08-24-2007, 11:44 AM
there is no such thing as a rear shock that WONT bottom out....if you honestly think so then you aren't riding hard enough:D