PDA

View Full Version : TCS shock problems

fiveOnick
08-14-2007, 06:53 PM
Ok, Im looking for some input here. To start with I have TCS LT shocks on my 250R and my dad has a pair of ST on his R. I purchased mine first and had multiple problems. The hose threading into the bottle blew out twice, before they put on a new bottle. At the time it seemed to be fixed, that was in April. I rode about 30min or less snake hunt at waynoka and discovered I had a sheared off CB bolt so it sat. Long story short it has been on a quad jack ever since because I havent had time to fix it. Now my dad recieved his about 2 weeks after snake hunt, he rode it down the street a couple of times. We took it out drag racing once for about 5 passes. No blown bottle which was enough to convince him. Now tonight we go to sell his and find oil on the knob on one reservior. It has also been sitting on a jack for at least a month or more. So I think hell I better check mine, sure enough both of mine are wet with oil. Not a lot, it doesn't appear to have dripped but it sure has oil on it where there was none before. No sand is in the oil so it wasnt there at the dunes obviously.

My question for those with TCS is this a common problem or what. I could understand if these shocks were abused, but hell they havent even been broken in. My A arms are still tight as hell and thats having the shocks bolted on and ridden 4 times with the previously listed problems. Dont get me wrong TCS has been A class about the problems I had before but since this has been drug out over time I want as much info as possible when I call. If anyone has had issues with this let me know please.

01 400EXer
08-15-2007, 07:12 AM
Below is the link to the only problem I have had and they are doing some research.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=311536

Colby@C&DRacing
08-17-2007, 08:44 AM
Hoses can blow it is a hassel but not really the shock manufactures fault they don't make the hoses. As for the oil leaking at the compression knob I have seen this on that adjuster I use these shocks on some of the race bike here and we have abused to heck out of them without any problems. Just be glad you are dealing with TCS they will alway take great care of their customers

rob-u/21
08-17-2007, 02:55 PM
It is very rear to see a complaint about TCS. They have such good quality products. Like Colby said, be glad your dealing with TCS. I'm sure they will take care of you.

01 400EXer
08-17-2007, 08:47 PM
The problem that I have encountered is being taken care so I will have to say that TCS customer service as well as C&D Racing's customer service is excellent.

honda300EXtreme
08-17-2007, 08:55 PM
yea, that is odd, i have never heard of a problem with any tcs shocks,

but i have delt with tcs and they are a very good company to work with they are very helpfull and have good customer service,,

fiveOnick
08-19-2007, 09:38 PM
Thanks, forgot about the post. Talked to them and it appears to be a breakdown of the grease used when installing the knobs. Not actual oil from the shock, they are great to deal with. The written claim on the net about 60 days and no free shipping with problematic parts is not at all true. They take care of their customers, I know they must have spent close to $100 for shipping alone solving my first problem.