PDA

View Full Version : big problem

sparta4188
08-14-2007, 05:55 PM
Ok first i needed a new battery because mine was over 10 years old and would not hold its charge. So i called my local shop, bought a charged battery for my quad. When i went to put it in it was late, dark and me being special put in the battery in wrong and connected it. When i put the positive on the negative ( i think it was that way maybe it was reversed???) It sparked and me still being special and tired, hocked it up and tried to start it. The neutral light was not on so i thought my fuse or electrical was shot. When i looked at the fuse is was shot, so i replaced the fuse and started it up. i let it idle and it was bogging at high RPM's. I didn't really think about that at the time, i rode up my drive way up the street to the trail(not very far) so when i rode for about 100yds it just bogged so i gave it high rpms and it just stopped.I tried restarting it with choke and some throttle won't work, tried no choke won't work , so nothing was getting this thing started. It was turning over fine but not firing. Had to push it back to my house (uphill). So i thought about what it would be. So i started with the basics. cleaned the air filter,my dad went out and bought a new spark plug,didn't work. So my dad and I took the beast apart, cleaned the lines,took off the carb, cleaned the carb, check the float bowl, lines weren't clogged, replaced the gas, tried to check most of the electrical,clean my whole quad. Nothing worked,so.... this is where you guys come and tell me some stuff to do to make it work. It turns over fine but wont fire. What could it be?

jred
08-22-2007, 04:23 PM
could it be your cdi maybe fried it when putting on cables in reverse